• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: Minnesota Vikings at Los Angeles Rams 8:15pm on Prime Video

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I’m not arguing it would have changed the result of who won. Simply sick of seeing the NFL and Refs screwing up in big moments week after week.

Face masks certainly need to be reviewable if they can’t make the right call.
Yeah, totally agree. The assisted review should be involved for every facemask or personal foul. They already brought it in for roughing the passer and it has worked to overturn bad calls very well. With that being a scoring play, it gets automatically reviewed anyway so no reason to not be able to call down to the ref and tell him it's a facemask and 15 yds and take the safety away.
My post was more about hi-lighting the stupidity of Sam Darnold in that situation but yeah, not denying the refs totally screwed the pooch on that one.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, totally agree. The assisted review should be involved for every facemask or personal foul. They already brought it in for roughing the passer and it has worked to overturn bad calls very well. With that being a scoring play, it gets automatically reviewed anyway so no reason to not be able to call down to the ref and tell him it's a facemask and 15 yds and take the safety away.
My post was more about hi-lighting the stupidity of Sam Darnold in that situation but yeah, not denying the refs totally screwed the pooch on that one.
It was a scoring play so there is no excuse for them to not review and fix it. A player pulls out a gun and drops a guy dead causing a fumble. Refs and replay be like " there is no rule allowing replay on a gun assault. Therefore, the fumble stands".

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a scoring play so there is no excuse for them to not review and fix it. A player pulls out a gun and drops a guy dead causing a fumble. Refs and replay be like " there is no rule allowing replay on a gun assault. Therefore, the fumble stands".
Ah, The Last Boy Scout clause.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I feel the same way. They have quickly reversed these plays when the flag was thrown for a facemask that didn't happen so no reason to correct a no call, imo. I'm for every even borderline PF being automatically reviewed tbh. It takes literally 5 seconds which is less than the officials on the field getting together for a confab. They finally have it working a little better for the stupid roughing the passer calls although they still are too chicken shit to overturn some of those but it is better so use it to the best of it's ability and make the game right.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It probably didn't matter but that missed call was inexcusable.

None of those refs should ever work again and I'm honestly okay if they are executed publicly tomorrow.

They're most likely completely useless people and their offspring are probably just as stupid as they are. We can take them out too as far as I'm concerned.

Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To backup whomever the Steelers draft as the qb of the future. Darnold has played well, no doubt, but 6 games isnt going to convince me just yet
He tanked in clutch lol. I am not sure I want them to draft a guy.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tanked in clutch lol. I am not sure I want them to draft a guy.
they have to. otherwise we'll become like the chiefs pre-mahomes, or the redskins after they bottomed-out following their championship in '91. just a constant flow of veteran qb's to fill the slot on the roster sheet, nobody really ever sticking, nobody ever leading the team to the promised land. history shows that, even though there's a chance we might swing and miss, you're almost always going to be better off scouting and selecting a franchise qb from the draft, rather than just signing a new guy off the pile every 2-4 years.

that said, i do understand where you're coming from... .to me, an ideal situation would be to maintain the current momentum with either russell wilson (or fields) until tomlin decides to call it a day (which you gotta figure is gonna be soon, relatively speaking...maybe sometime in the next 3-4 years at MOST?) and then, once tomlin is gone, bring in a coach that can identify what he wants, as far as offensive philosophy is concerned, and get a QB in the draft.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have to. otherwise we'll become like the chiefs pre-mahomes, or the redskins after they bottomed-out following their championship in '91. just a constant flow of veteran qb's to fill the slot on the roster sheet, nobody really ever sticking, nobody ever leading the team to the promised land. history shows that, even though there's a chance we might swing and miss, you're almost always going to be better off scouting and selecting a franchise qb from the draft, rather than just signing a new guy off the pile every 2-4 years.

that said, i do understand where you're coming from... .to me, an ideal situation would be to maintain the current momentum with either russell wilson (or fields) until tomlin decides to call it a day (which you gotta figure is gonna be soon, relatively speaking...maybe sometime in the next 3-4 years at MOST?) and then, once tomlin is gone, bring in a coach that can identify what he wants, as far as offensive philosophy is concerned, and get a QB in the draft.
That ideal part is 1000% my hope for things

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those pesky Rams... DAMMIT! Would you guys and your stupid Hawaiian 5th round asshat, fuck off!?!

I swear... ONLY the Rams... fuckin' assholes.
Heh

week to week league and health matters. hilarious to me how many forget that

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 1 thing to review a penalty call that may have been bad, but reviews for penalties that were not called opens too big a can of worms. It was a missed call but far too big a deal was made of it during SVP's recap afterwards. The cameras are always going to give a a better look than what a ref has in real time. They're just going to miss some and after watching it a few times I can see how they missed that one. From behind it looked like he could have had his shoulder or jersey.