• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 8, The Minnesota Vikings @ The Los Angeles Rams, Thursday Night Football, SoFi Stadium, Los Angeles, CA, Thursday, 10/24/2024, 5:15 PM, PDT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching some game vids, I focused on Dedrich at Left Guard and Speights and Hummel at ILB when they were in there. Dedrich is the real deal. Allowed no sacks again and blocked very well in both the run and the pass. Like Limmer, I believed he has earned a starting position so that Avila doesn't have to rush back.

Jonah Jackson, alternatively, was and is a total pile of dogshit signing and the Rams could have easily saved themselves a boat load of cash by NOT signing him. Now we are stuck with that fat tub of oft-injured pig grease. Unless the Rams want to generate more dead money, they are stuck with him. Hunter Long at TE finally looked like he is healthy enough to finally be a decent contributor on offense.

On D, I watch Speights and Hummel. Speights is better than Reeder right now. He was never out of position like Reeder who was put on IR for four weeks. Def a scenario of addition by subtraction as Jermaine posted earlier. Verse and Young along with Fiske are going to be a force and Turner, Gallimore, Brown and Hoecht are going to be a good group in the future.

Rozeboom was the pile of dogshit again. Often out of place and getting beat down field. Speights looked better than both Reeder and Hummel when he was in there. A little tentative at times, Speights should get the start again against the Seahags coming next week to get more experience. D. Williams is just not cutting it still and Witherspoon should be extended. He played well tonight.

BTW, Hoecht is back to lining-up at the DT position finally. Occasionally he would drop into coverage but for the most part, the Rams D coaches have come to their senses and returned him to his natural DT position. He is a much better player in that status.

Lots of positives coming on both sides of the ball. Having Nacua and Kupp back returned our O to its normal machine-like self. Stafford needs to shore-up some of his throws. He ain't 25 years old anymore and he needs to lose the gunslinger mentality at this stage of his game.

Hopefully, we can get to .500 against the Hags next week.

Last edited:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kupp and Puka were great
Changes the offense a "bit". No surprise it's the most points scored so far this year. A few bad passes and one real boneheaded pass by Stafford and too many penalties were overcome by a balance offense. 34 passes - 32 rushes against a pretty good defense. Keep it going!!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah the team looked like a totally different animal last night and it surprised me, especially since Puka played. I honestly thought they'd wait another week when he would have had a full work load in practice. With him being there it changed the dynamic quite a bit because now you have kupp in motion and Puka on the outside but it can be a run play with Kyren. Good balance like Retro said.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies, shoppy aka @shopson67.....

The Rams season isn't over....I expected this game to be an L when I said that.
No worries DJ. Alot of us thought the Season was toast before the Bye Week. I guess many of us may be eating a delish serving of crow if McVay pulls another comeback! lol.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, now that Kupp and Nacua and Long are healthy again, the Rams have quietly developed a growing three-headed monster threat on Offense. If a given D shuts down Nacua or Kupp, the Rams now have a viable run game and a similar passing threat with Williams out of the backfield and support from Corum.

They also have a growing blocking and receiving decent TE game. So perhaps, our O will return to its consistently explosive threat now that the O-line is beginning to gel with both Limmer at Center and Dedrich at Left Guard. What could be going forward!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has already been mentioned but it looks like McVay, even with all of his craziness has become the all-time Rams winningest coach surpassing peeps like John Robinson, Chuck Knox, George Allen, and Mike Martz.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has already been mentioned but it looks like McVay, even with all of his craziness has become the all-time Rams winningest coach surpassing peeps like John Robinson, Chuck Knox, George Allen, and Mike Martz.
Does it change your opinion in any way?