• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford the stud!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can throw it behind his back for all I care as long as he hits what he's aiming at consistently and that's my only quibble. I'd like to see him be more consistently accurate, especially on the short & mid-range stuff....take something off of those shorter ones. Maybe the sidearm helps with that, idk. He has everything else... of course he doesn't run very well but that's no big deal. He moves well enough to evade the rush and avoid sacks usually and that's good enough. I think his intelligence is underrated, though that may be changing after last week.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took a step back last season by any measure. He's back on track this season.

There's contributing factors to that man. Not to say it's not true, but it's not reality to me. There was a lot of roster issues last season, which ultimately effects the qb position. Look at Brady. Look at Flacco. Look at Rodgers. Look at how guys like Cutler have improved because of roster improvements and coaching.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can throw it behind his back for all I care as long as he hits what he's aiming at consistently and that's my only quibble. I'd like to see him be more consistently accurate, especially on the short & mid-range stuff...

He certainly would struggle in a WC offense when you think about it...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you are valuing the importance of a #2 WR.

Who's Luck have? Reggie Wayne is out for the year. Dwayne Allen is out for the year. Their RBs are very unimpressive. Especially Richardson. (LeShoure averaged just as much per carry). Denver has Wes, Decker and Thomas. (And the other Thomas and an awesome group of RBs). New England has jack shit. GB has guys who ARodg has made into big names. I think Calvin cancels out basically any advantage aside from Denver. Reggie Bush is kinda good as a receiving option as well.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took a step back last season by any measure. He's back on track this season.

There's contributing factors to that man. Not to say it's not true, but it's not reality to me. There was a lot of roster issues last season, which ultimately effects the qb position. Look at Brady. Look at Flacco. Look at Rodgers. Look at how guys like Cutler have improved because of roster improvements and coaching.

I'd say the playcalling held him back some last year..

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, check this out!

According to pro-football-reference.com, Stafford has produced 12 game-winning, fourth-quarter drives. That’s 23 percent of his NFL starts.

It’s a higher percentage than Peyton Manning (22), Tom Brady (21) and Joe Montana (20).

[/B]

I'm sure Andrew Luck could do these things :whistle:

A big part of game winning drives is being in that spot in the first place. Montana, Brady and Manning many times werent playing from behind. Opportunity matters.

I am not shitting on Stafford or anything; hes a damn good QB, but this doesnt make him elite.

He has reached 15,000 passing yards faster than any QB in NFL history.

Again this is about opportunity. He probably has more attempts than any QB in history. You have to factor these things in. He may be elite when his career is over, but he isnt right now. Now now he is a top 10 QB in the NFL today by any measure. Maybe top 5 if you are looking through the honolulu blue glasses.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious, who besides Stop thinks Stafford is elite right now?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can throw it behind his back for all I care as long as he hits what he's aiming at consistently and that's my only quibble. I'd like to see him be more consistently accurate, especially on the short & mid-range stuff....take something off of those shorter ones. Maybe the sidearm helps with that, idk. He has everything else... of course he doesn't run very well but that's no big deal. He moves well enough to evade the rush and avoid sacks usually and that's good enough. I think his intelligence is underrated, though that may be changing after last week.

We all want him to be better at his accuracy, but I'm here to tell you that being the most accurate qb is not Stafford's game. I'm assuming that his arm talent gets in the way of his overall accuracy. Telling this guy to tone it down on the throws is similar to telling a 400 lbs guy not to eat so much. I think that's a lot harder than most try to make it sound. His intelligence? Stafford has demonstrated that he's a lot smarter than the ball than he used to be. He's entitled to make a few mistakes sometimes like everyone else. lol

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all want him to be better at his accuracy, but I'm here to tell you that being the most accurate qb is not Stafford's game. I'm assuming that his arm talent gets in the way of his overall accuracy. Telling this guy to tone it down on the throws is similar to telling a 400 lbs guy not to eat so much. lol

I just don't agree with this.. See Dan Marino.. He had a rocket arm, but distributed touch when necessary..

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's Luck have? Reggie Wayne is out for the year. Dwayne Allen is out for the year. Their RBs are very unimpressive. Especially Richardson. (LeShoure averaged just as much per carry). Denver has Wes, Decker and Thomas. (And the other Thomas and an awesome group of RBs). New England has jack shit. GB has guys who ARodg has made into big names. I think Calvin cancels out basically any advantage aside from Denver. Reggie Bush is kinda good as a receiving option as well.

Luck really doesn't have anyone else that is over the top good, but T.Y is decent (better than what the Lions have), Fleener is ok. That ball club has some really good coaching over there though. That's what I think the difference is.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've yet to see Luck Without Wayne. I think we'll see Luck struggle without him.

Why do you think Brady is struggling?

Manning is a prime example of the importance.

Stafford does have Bush (now) but a RB doesn't count as a #2. He didn't have Bush when he threw for over 5,000 yards, 41 TD's, and won 10 games.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying Smitty, but I'm not the type to pin all the loses on the QB like most people do. I would defend any QB in this situation. I think he's elite, but I don't know about future Hall of Fame because a lot goes into that. But I think it's reasonable to assume he'll get there if he continues to do what he's doing. Stafford had a really bad year last year, but that doesn't mean anything. People praise Eli because he has a ring but look at the guy now. Which is it? Is he good because he has a SB ring or is he bad since he's throwing tons of picks?

You can definitely find some areas on each great qb's career to pick them apart about. Rodgers wasn't playing real great for a couple weeks in a row and nobody says anything. Brees had a slump. Rivers has definitely seen some bad days. So, when you say these things about Stafford, how is it any different or worse than the others?

Nobody but Giant homers call Eli elite and probably precious few of even them do these days. As far as Rodgers & Brees are concerned, well they have several years worth of great track record to carry them through a few bad games. Anyway, a few bad games doesn't knock someone from the ranks of the elite any more than a few good ones puts them there. Staff has had 2 injury plagued seasons, 1 very good one, 1 mediocre one and 1/2 of another good one. If that vaults him into your ranks of the elite, you just have a lesser standard for that term than I.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big part of game winning drives is being in that spot in the first place. Montana, Brady and Manning many times werent playing from behind. Opportunity matters.

I am not shitting on Stafford or anything; hes a damn good QB, but this doesnt make him elite.

Agree. But I'm sure those guys had to come from behind early in there careers too. Its part of what made them who they are.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody but Giant homers call Eli elite and probably precious few of even them do these days. As far as Rodgers & Brees are concerned, well they have several years worth of great track record to carry them through a few bad games. Anyway, a few bad games doesn't knock someone from the ranks of the elite any more than a few good ones puts them there. Staff has had 2 injury plagued seasons, 1 very good one, 1 mediocre one and 1/2 of another good one. If that vaults him into your ranks of the elite, you just have a lesser standard for that term than I.

If Stafford keeps up the pace this season and has a similar one next year? Would you call him elite then?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll at least have a young speedster in T.Y. Who does Stafford have without Megatron?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this is about opportunity. He probably has more attempts than any QB in history. You have to factor these things in. He may be elite when his career is over, but he isnt right now. Now now he is a top 10 QB in the NFL today by any measure. Maybe top 5 if you are looking through the honolulu blue glasses.

True, but he's given the opportunity because he can do it. Maybe I am a homer but I would call him elite.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What exactly to you have to do to be considered elite or among them? Win a SB? Dan Marino didn't. Have years of experience? No. Win a playoff game? No.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't agree with this.. See Dan Marino.. He had a rocket arm, but distributed touch when necessary..

That was Marino, this is Stafford. Maybe he can do it but I don't think he can tone it down as easy as people make it seem. If he can, I would think it would take a little time to develop that.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stafford keeps up the pace this season and has a similar one next year? Would you call him elite then?

That's the thing. According to everyone, you must win a playoff game or something like that to be considered elite. That's so far from the truth, its not even funny.

But.....if that is the case, maybe he does get into that group this year!:noidea: