• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford the stud!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should have said "in all due respect". Cuz then I can say whatever the fuck I want and not be considered rude. But whatever. Your opinion changes depending on the score of every single fucking game in every single fucking sport every single fucking year. Get back to me when the Bears kick a field goal in the first quarter and people need to lose their jobs.

Ha so true.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Luck at 5? What has this world come to? Russell Wilson and A. Smith in the top ten? Whew and I mean whew. I would take Cutler and RG lll before those two. I'm not completely sure how to rank the top ten but a few of those names are really pushing it. Vick probably is and used to be ten times better than Wilson and RG lll. I promise.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rg 3 shouldnt be now due to his injury but if we are talking long term i would put him top ten

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily top ten? Which QBs are you putting ahead of him? It's tough for me to put a guy in the top third at his position based off one really nice season and a lot of upside.

I would not put RG3, Wilson, Kapernick, or Luck in the top 10 for 1 season. They all have potential but thats a 4 letter word IMO.

The thing is who would you rather have than Stafford today right now?

Manning, Brees, and Brady are winding down their careers.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put Luck and Wilson (barely) in my top ten because, imo, they've already realized said potential. We've never had a rookie crop of QBs like Luck, Wilson and RG3 last year. All three had the best seasons ever for a rookie QB.

Luck, imo, is just the real deal. I think he's the next Manning/Brady/Brees level QB without a doubt (just my opinion, though). He got 11 wins on a bad team his rookie year, and is poised to to it again with a slightly improved team this year. Wilson isn't on his level, but he's still already a border-line top 10 QB (somewhere between 9 and 13) in my book because of his decision-making and accuracy. The kid had 26 TDs to just 10 INTs with an even 64% completion percentage as a rookie, that's historically amazing, compared to pretty much every rookie season before that.

RG3 is in the same boat, but sitting not too far outside my top-10 right now. He had a monster rookie season, and, imo, his passing ability gets overlooked because he can really run it. But this year he's shown that he can be a pure passer because the run has been taken away because of injury. What concerns me is the INTs are way up, and the completion percentage is way down.

Pretty much they all had great rookie seasons, but Luck and Wilson have picked up where they left off, RG3 has taken a step back...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not put RG3, Wilson, Kapernick, or Luck in the top 10 for 1 season. They all have potential but thats a 4 letter word IMO.

My "one good season and a lot of upside" was actually aimed at Matty not the crop of second year guys JDW. But that was before I knew TPaulwas talking this year. I'd consider Luck as far as who I'd rather have. I'd also, probably, most likely rank him ahead of Staff, Dalton, Newton, Smith and Romo in my "this year" top ten. Manning, Brees, Rivers and Rodgers being ahead of Andrew. This one year ranking system could be sugject to a lot of change. One bad pick and whhhhhhhhhpppp down a guy slides. Or one huge game winning drive and whhhhhhhppppp up he goes to five. Leap frogging Superman, Mr. Undefeated former #1 pick and the ginger that beat us the week before.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went with "this year" rankings because that's what we're taking about- who's the best right now.

Perhaps "right now rankings" is a better moniker. I'm not discluding anyone's body of work. I'm adding their career with how they're playing so far this year to determine who I think the best current, up to the minute, QBs are.

Look at Brady, for example. He's had a stellar career, top 5 easy. But he's playing well below that standard through 8 games this year. He still makes my "right now" top 5 because I know what he's capable of and there's a lot of outside factors that are hurting his play this year.

Then there's guys like Big Ben, who was a perennial top 10 QB for me for the last 5-7 years or so, but has really tailed off these couple of seasons. He was still pretty effective last season, just not the same that we were used to, now this year he's really slid back even farther. I think a case can still be made that he's top-10 material, but then there's guys like Romo, Dalton, Stafford, Wilson and Rivers sitting at the back end of the top 10 who just bump him out.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith is a fine QB, but I can't bring myself to put him in my top 10. He's not out winning games, he's just not losing them by being smart with the football and not making many mistakes.

He fits what Andy Reid is doing on offense, has a few great weapons around him, and has a stellar defense on the other side of the ball. He's a good fit for that team, but by the numbers he's just an average passer.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cheifs drafted a QB early in the draft this year or next to groom behind Smith...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn it... Just when I think we're somewhere near a common ground we go right back to square one. I think I have Tom Terrific somewhere in the mid to high teens. And I have Phil Rivers in the top four. Fuckkkkkk.... Maybe my "overall" rankings were closer to begin with. Im gonna go try and get an address and address this again later. (Mike Vick is shitty now, for a number of reasons, IMO)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put a decent amount of creedence into "not losing". It's harder than it seems. A lot of guys can't play within themselves. (Carson Palmer). But I can see why Alex would be left off some lists. (I like guys that don't lose, and don't really care for gunslingers, cuz they fuck things up with their selfish play. We wouldn't have this thread if I felt otherwise)

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put a decent amount of creedence into "not losing". It's harder than it seems. A lot of guys can't play within themselves. (Carson Palmer). But I can see why Alex would be left off some lists. (I like guys that don't lose, and don't really care for gunslingers, cuz they fuck things up with their selfish play. We wouldn't have this thread if I felt otherwise)

"Not losing" is the ultimate goal.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks smitty, thats fair enough. As long as you got the faith man. I agree for the most part with everything you say except I dont mind the sidearm stuff, I think he will put everything together completely in less than two years and it will all be worth it.

I have plenty of faith in him. But 'stop' is right, Im realizing I do want him to change. I don't a Brett Favre type QB, ever. And sometimes I see that stuff in him. Kinda easy to slip into that when your arm is that strong.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Not losing" is the ultimate goal.

It really is. (You Alex Smith fan you, I remember your thread at the start of last season, and I'd like to retract my statements from it, too bad that sight is dead and I can't. But it's not really that bad that sight is dead really)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you want him to lose the side-arm because that's not the way QBs are "supposed" to throw the ball.

But when he's highly accurate throwing that way and completing passes that could not be fit in over-hand then I really don't see what the problem is.

QBs aren't supposed to throw side-arm because 95% of them don't have the arm strength to be accurate and effective throwing it that way. Stafford has been both accurate and effective with his side-arm this year. That throwing style hasn't caused any additional INTs, and his completion percentage has gone up considerably throwing side-arm.

Obviously your'e entitled to your opinion, but I can't come up with any good reasons against Stafford using the side-arm when he sees fit...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is. (You Alex Smith fan you, I remember your thread at the start of last season, and I'd like to retract my statements from it, too bad that sight is dead and I can't. But it's not really that bad that sight is dead really)

It's great that it's dead. I can effin curse if I so choose here.

I can't claim that I predicted (to this extent) the success of Alex Smith. My claim had more to do with his talent level and the unfortunate situation he began his career in San Francisco. The revolving door at OC would have been enough to see most players fail. I think Bradford is dealing with a similar situation. If given continuity, I think he too can have success in this league.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you want him to lose the side-arm because that's not the way QBs are "supposed" to throw the ball.

But when he's highly accurate throwing that way and completing passes that could not be fit in over-hand then I really don't see what the problem is.

QBs aren't supposed to throw side-arm because 95% of them don't have the arm strength to be accurate and effective throwing it that way. Stafford has been both accurate and effective with his side-arm this year. That throwing style hasn't caused any additional INTs, and his completion percentage has gone up considerably throwing side-arm.

Obviously your'e entitled to your opinion, but I can't come up with any good reasons against Stafford using the side-arm when he sees fit...

I think several you guys confuse my overall opinion of Staffs game with my hatred of his sidearm. It does affect things. It gets batted down when he does it over the middle when, I personally don't feel a conventional pass would be. Did he do that in college? I really don't remember it early on.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great that it's dead. I can effin curse if I so choose here.

I can't claim that I predicted (to this extent) the success of Alex Smith. My claim had more to do with his talent level and the unfortunate situation he began his career in San Francisco. The revolving door at OC would have been enough to see most players fail. I think Bradford is dealing with a similar situation. If given continuity, I think he too can have success in this league.

I think Bradford gets the same bad rap for similar reasons too. Alex never had a real chance to thrive in San Fran. He does now in kC. It's almost the perfect situation for him. Good running game, great defense(IMO anyway) and a fan base that doesn't put additional pressure on him due to his draft status. (Like what I do with Stafford). KC gets billed as a "surprise". But I don't know why. They added exactly what they needed to in the offseason. (I think I've taken them every week, but those fuckers couldn't cover the spread last week).

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk... the sidearm thing doesn't bother me. He seems to be as accurate with it as he is overhand and he's throwing between, not over, guys on the line either way. Luck's in my top 10 already and Wilson is close. He reminds me of Tarkenton. He's not as fast or as good a runner as RG3 but he seems to sense the pressure better and have better pocket presence. He knows when to take off, dump off, slide run OB... he seems more heady. He has a better team around him too, so that's probably part of it.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just for today, right now?
Manning, brees, brady, luck and rodgers.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have plenty of faith in him. But 'stop' is right, Im realizing I do want him to change. I don't a Brett Favre type QB, ever. And sometimes I see that stuff in him. Kinda easy to slip into that when your arm is that strong.[/

I dont mind a sextin, pill poppin, wrangler wearin diva at the helm, you of all people do???