• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford the stud!

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the second pick had anything to do with the throw being side armed. Lee read the play and jumped the route. Same thing Finnegan did last year when they played the Rams. He recognized a tendency and made a play.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this out. Smitty wants Stafford to be some other qb other than himself. Thats what it sounds like to me. Not sure why anyone would want him to lose the side-arm throws? Its part of his arsenal and if I had to guess, teams hate that he can do that. I haven't seen anything that would suggest that it doesn't work. People have also stated that he doesn't go through progressions and can't move a safety. I still hope that was a joke.

Is or will he be great? I think he's really close to elite status already.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like to think if the Lions had a shut down defense and games start having a 31-10 result week in and week out the league would suck Staffords Dick......The defense isn't there yet, so we have shoot outs still......Just drop another 5 picks on the defense side this year.....Grab a WR or another OL in the draft and go the rest with Defense........We can't possibly miss could we? ugh.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this out. Smitty wants Stafford to be some other qb other than himself. Thats what it sounds like to me. Not sure why anyone would want him to lose the side-arm throws? Its part of his arsenal and if I had to guess, teams hate that he can do that. I haven't seen anything that would suggest that it doesn't work. People have also stated that he doesn't go through progressions and can't move a safety. I still hope that was a joke.

Whefffff.... I need some sit down time for a reply on this man.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't call him elite just yet, need some playoff wins to be in that category, imo.

I do agree that he's really close, though. What stands out to me is that he's easily a top-10 QB in the league and he's only 25.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily top ten? Which QBs are you putting ahead of him? It's tough for me to put a guy in the top third at his position based off one really nice season and a lot of upside.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that pick wasn't side armed at all Smitty.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone always determine how good a qb is by wins alone? I'll never agree with that. Put Stafford on Seattle or any of those types of teams, we're talking about how elite he is, no question. There's only 3 or 4 guys you would even consider tradimg Stafford for, so how is he not top 10 or higher?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only ONE guy I'd consider trading him for. (Not counting ARodg). And I don't know if I can put him "easily" Top Ten either. (Rodgers being no lower than 4th, unless someone hates him or the Pack)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily top ten? Which QBs are you putting ahead of him? It's tough for me to put a guy in the top third at his position based off one really nice season and a lot of upside.

My "Right Now" Rankings:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Tom Brady
5. Andrew Luck
6. Joe Flacco
7. Matt Ryan
8. Matthew Stafford
9. Phillip Rivers
10. Tony Romo/Andy Dalton/Russel Wilson

Based on so far this year with career body of work considerations for guys like Brady, who isn't playing like a top 5 QB this year, but has a butt-ton of rings. Conversely there's Stafford, who is a top-5 QB this year stats and wins wise, but doesn't have any playoff wins to vault him into my coveted overall top 5.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd only trade him for Rodgers or Luck, no one else.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My "Right Now" Rankings:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Tom Brady
5. Andrew Luck
6. Joe Flacco
7. Matt Ryan
8. Matthew Stafford
9. Phillip Rivers

Based on so far this year with career body of work considerations for guys like Brady, who isn't playing like a top 5 QB this year, but has a butt-ton of rings. Conversely there's Stafford, who is a top-5 QB this year stats and wins wise, but doesn't have any playoff wins to vault him into my coveted overall top 5.

Fair enough.(I had overall in mind, just this year would change where Im coming from a lot, I wouldnt give you any shit at all for saying easily if we're just talking this season) I'm obligated to keep Big Ben and Eli in the top ten. Partly off previous showings in huge games. And partly because Im not going to hold lousy partial seasons against them. (After those previous seasons)I have Cam Newton and Alex Smith in the group at ten. Don't have Wilson in there personally, but I can't blame anyone for doing it. I just can't put Staff ahead of the group at ten. (I put him in it)Not enough reasons for me to seperate him from the pack other than the guy that wears #81.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the side arm throws: Staff has a canonlazerrocketbeam arm. It's ridiculous. As good as any arm, strength wise in the game. (Not many humans are born with the talent he has in his right arm) Thats a physical attribute(Heres where Im leaving the door open to coaching criticism, rightful, justifued coaching criticism) He can't throw a change up though. (Kinda sorta like how max Scherzer cant throw to first) It's hard to do. It's a learned trait. Rather than develop a nice, accurate, catchable off speed pass, he's went all side arm on me. And in my opinion, it's because it's easier than working on his "touch". I hate the sidearm throw(obviously). Hate it. And would like it to end yesterday. And would also like to know when it became part of his game. Did he do it in college? His rookie year? His second year in Detroit? I don't remember it early on. But I was just glad Jon Kitna, Orlovski and Stanton weren't playin. (Exceptt when Stanton was playing, then I was pissed, except when we won)

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This discussion reminds me of the Verlander debate back in 2010 before he broke out..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My "Right Now" Rankings:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Tom Brady
5. Andrew Luck
6. Joe Flacco
7. Matt Ryan
8. Matthew Stafford
9. Phillip Rivers

That's a good list but I don't think Andrew Luck is 5.. I'd put Big Ben in the top 10.. Tbh, if this is a "right now" 2013 only listing, Joe Flacco is having a mediocre season.. He is out of the top 10 as of now.. I'd put rivers top 5 or even 4.. I would have to bump up Dalton at this point and put Russell closer to Luck albeit both are probably at the bottom, 7 to 10. If this is in regards to the last few years then I would agree except It would strengthen the case to put Eli and Big Ben on the list..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers is basically this generations Dan Fouts or Marino.. Puts up monstrous stats for his career, but no hardware.. Stafford is still young and has time to win..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.(I had overall in mind, just this year would change where Im coming from a lot, I wouldnt give you any shit at all for saying easily if we're just talking this season) I'm obligated to keep Big Ben and Eli in the top ten. Partly off previous showings in huge games. And partly because Im not going to hold lousy partial seasons against them. (After those previous seasons)I have Cam Newton and Alex Smith in the group at ten. Don't have Wilson in there personally, but I can't blame anyone for doing it. I just can't put Staff ahead of the group at ten. (I put him in it)Not enough reasons for me to seperate him from the pack other than the guy that wears #81.

I'm going to be honest.. Newton and Smith couldn't hold Stafford's jock strap.. You could make a better case for Russell Wilson being ahead than those two..

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be honest.. Newton and Smith couldn't hold Stafford's jock strap.. You could make a better case for Russell Wilson being ahead than those two..

Im going to be honest. You still need to suck my dick you fucking whiny ass faggot.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should have said "in all due respect". Cuz then I can say whatever the fuck I want and not be considered rude. But whatever. Your opinion changes depending on the score of every single fucking game in every single fucking sport every single fucking year. Get back to me when the Bears kick a field goal in the first quarter and people need to lose their jobs.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks smitty, thats fair enough. As long as you got the faith man. I agree for the most part with everything you say except I dont mind the sidearm stuff, I think he will put everything together completely in less than two years and it will all be worth it.