• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford the stud!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is a elite qb. We'll revisit this at seasons end.

Im sure we will. But Im Fairley LeShoure we'll keep talking about it between now and the next game we get to watch. Which is gonna be a big one. And hopefully you homers get a shitton of fuel for your side of this thing in that game. I mean A SHIT TON!!! Like 5 TDs and 400 yards. Don't think Im not looking forward to all 38 of you(or whatever the number is) taunting the hell out of me. Cuz Id love it. But I don't think you'll get the chance. Not yet. Not now. Not for awhile.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way I can get behind Kitna and Brady being reminiscent. Especially with the Pats being 6-2 with total garbage on offense aside from TB and Gronk for a game. Kitna couldn't win with CJ. (Reached the 4,000 yard mark though, which is but one example of why I don't care about passing yardage as an indicator of much of anything). I like the effort in your rant though JDW.

I was just referencing this season about Brady. He has looked absolutely average. The 6-2 is misleading as I think the AFC East is garbage. The win vs the Saints was good but the Saints may be overhyped as well.
Career wise I like Brady more than P.Manning but thats a whole different argument.

Outside of P. Manning, A. Rodgers, D. Brees what QB is really doing anything…..P. Rivers? And if Stafford was on the Broncos, Packers, Saints would they be any real difference? IMO no Stafford has a great arm, minus the sidearm bullshit. Looking ahead 1-3 years the only QBs that would be challengers to elite would be Luck, Rodgers, and a host of maybes.

I remember when Brett Favre would throw for 400+ yards and 2 TDs but have 3 Ints. He would just sling it around the field. Reminds me a lot of Stafford but I honestly think Stafford is a ahead of where Farve was at 24. Minus a cameo in a movie…Something about Mary! Loved that movie funny as shit!

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stafford was on any one of those teams, people would still be talking about playoffs and SB contenders. They would definitely consider Stafford elite also. So how is it that he's not considered elite by some? Its because he plays for the Lions. I remember having the same argument about CJ and Fitz. So many said that Fitz was better, yet Calvin proved to be unstoppable.

The one playoff game the Lions did play, Stafford was phenomenal but the defense couldn't hold up. He'll get some more shots at it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it a comparison or random observation?

Well.... Carson Palmer is a quittin ass bitch. And has thrown a lot of picks for Zona after the Raiders ditched him so I don't want to say its a comparison. And I've known of it for years, so it's probably not random. But.... It hasn't been mentioned yet on this version of the age old argument, "Just how great is our QB?" So I took a chance and threw it out there.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just referencing this season about Brady. He has looked absolutely average. The 6-2 is misleading as I think the AFC East is garbage. The win vs the Saints was good but the Saints may be overhyped as well.
Career wise I like Brady more than P.Manning but thats a whole different argument.

Outside of P. Manning, A. Rodgers, D. Brees what QB is really doing anything…..P. Rivers? And if Stafford was on the Broncos, Packers, Saints would they be any real difference? IMO no Stafford has a great arm, minus the sidearm bullshit. Looking ahead 1-3 years the only QBs that would be challengers to elite would be Luck, Rodgers, and a host of maybes.

I remember when Brett Favre would throw for 400+ yards and 2 TDs but have 3 Ints. He would just sling it around the field. Reminds me a lot of Stafford but I honestly think Stafford is a ahead of where Farve was at 24. Minus a cameo in a movie…Something about Mary! Loved that movie funny as shit!
I hate thinking that Stafford will be allowed to play the same reckless style that Favre did. He put his teammates hard work, effort, talent, skill, and everything and said, "Fuck It!" On a weekly basis. He gets a lot of credit some times for big wins. But nowhere near enough criticism for his selfish play. And while I don't see a similar personality in Matt, I do see signs of the same gunslinger style. Like how his coaching staff tries to get him the ball early to run their offense. But he clearly plays better when it's loose and off the cuff. But you can't play that way all game. It's not a solid style to win games consistently. This is one of my biggest concerns. And like the penalty issue that once dominated this board, Id like to see our coaching staff continue to work with him to improve his consistency early in games when things are planned, practiced and refined.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Can someone please tell me how in the hell Joe Namath and Terry Bradshaw are in the HOF?
2. Eli Manning was never elite. But he has two SuperBowl rings. See bullet point #1 and his famous brother as the reasons he'll probably end up in the HOF one day.
3. What in the hell is candy crush and that idiotic looking moving?
4. Archie Manning wasnt that good, Oliver Luck was even worse, how did they produce three #1 overall draft choice kids?
5. Matt Stafford is at the top of the very good category of NFL QB's, but not elite. At least not yet. He will be, but not yet. There I fucking said it.
6. Principal is WMU1979 and WMU1979 is Principal. They are both assholes
7. I cooked a hotdog over a candle last night because I was too stupid to remember that I own a fucking grill.
8. I hate my job
9. I want to know how Swarm is adjusting to twin babies
10. Is the Upper Peninsula still consider part of the US or has it officially broken off into the seperate colony of BFE.
11. The Boston Red Sox won the World Series and now I hate baseball even more than I did before. Televised bar darts is more entertaining.
12. There is about 10 lbs of candy in my house now and my wife bought full size candy bars to give out last night and since my entire subdivison lost power in the middle of trick or treating we've got about 80 of those left as well. I have no will power so I will probably eat most of them, gain 30 lbs, and require dentures as all my teeth rot away.
13. I hate the fucking bye week.
14. The Chiefs arent that good. Have they beat anyone with a winning record? NO.
15. I might have to put up a X-mas tree this weekend because I'll be watching a bunch of games I truly dont care about.
16. Holy shit, I just realized there was a football game on last night. No kidding. Completely forgot. Wouldnt have matter anyway because I had no power. Who won? Who played?
17. How did this thread generate 249 posts? (as of the time I am typing this)
18. I've never watched Scarface and have no intention of it.
19. Mico spent the summer feeling sorry for himself and his golf game so I played almost no golf (and I dont care because I suck)
20. Nobody in this group is any good at Whirlyball. I dont think we drank enough before playing last time.
21. Why do the Vikings helmets look like they've been sanded with dry wet/dry sandpaper?
22. The Jags have really cool uniforms and a god awful football team.
23. I want to punch Pete Carroll so fucking hard he chokes on the god damn gum he chomps on like a horse.
24. Have you ever passed a car whose driver who is picking the shit out of his nose as you drive by?
25. 19 statements later and Principal and WMU1979 are even bigger assholes now.
26. I'm aiming for 30 of these stupid statements
27. Is Pizza Hut better or worse than Domino's? How about Little Caesar's? Hungry Howie's? Am I the only one who refuses to eat Papa John's because Peyton Manning endorses them?
28. I am embarrassed for Wes Welker. Old Spice has made him look to be even more of a douchebag than he is when he cries for a PI call on any incompletion.
29. Only one more to go.
30. Calvin Johnson will finish 2nd in the MVP voting. Peyton Manning will finish first in MVP voting and first in most unattractive forehead with massive helmet indentation.
31. Just for good measure......What is up with JJ Watt and that damn bloody nose? Find a helmet that fits asshole. You dont look tougher with a bloody face. You look almost as stupid as KVB in his red contacts.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8. I hate my job
But it's setting you and the fam up nicely for the future.

If you meant "movie", then it's called Boondock Saints and it's fantastic. Although seeing your stance on Scarface(without ever seeing it) I'm sure you'll hate Boondock as well.

15. I might have to put up a X-mas tree this weekend
I might too. Although I do care about some of the games. Some of us aren't big pussies and actually like to play fantasy football. ;)

I have no will power so I will probably eat most of them, gain 30 lbs, and
require dentures as all my teeth rot away.
I laughed hysterically on this. But you'll prolly workout extra hard before your next vacation and be just fine.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19. Mico spent the summer feeling sorry for himself and his golf game so I
played almost no golf (and I dont care because I suck)
Nah, I just needed a break from it. I wasn't enjoying it this year.

20. Nobody in this group is any good at Whirlyball. I dont think we drank
enough before playing last time.
We definitely need to play longer than 2 hours next year. That was an absolute blast. Not sure why swarm didn't like it the previous time(s) he played.

27. Is Pizza Hut better or worse than Domino's? How about Little Caesar's?
Hungry Howie's? Am I the only one who refuses to eat Papa John's because Peyton
Manning endorses them?
I'm sure swarm doesn't eat Papa John's either. And I actually prefer Hungry Howie's. Decent price and pretty good quality. Pizza Hut blows donkey dick imo.

5. Matt Stafford is at the top of the very good category of NFL QB's, but not
elite. At least not yet. He will be, but not yet. There I fucking said it.
Glad you took a stance.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
StaffordTDWindmillSpikeCowboys.gif

Just wanted to remind everyone why Stafford is the shizz.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Can someone please tell me how in the hell Joe Namath and Terry Bradshaw are in the HOF?
2. Eli Manning was never elite. But he has two SuperBowl rings. See bullet point #1 and his famous brother as the reasons he'll probably end up in the HOF one day.
4. Archie Manning wasnt that good, Oliver Luck was even worse, how did they produce three #1 overall draft choice kids?
5. Matt Stafford is at the top of the very good category of NFL QB's, but not elite. At least not yet. He will be, but not yet. There I fucking said it.
7. I cooked a hotdog over a candle last night because I was too stupid to remember that I own a fucking grill.
8. I hate my job
10. Is the Upper Peninsula still consider part of the US or has it officially broken off into the seperate colony of BFE.
11. The Boston Red Sox won the World Series and now I hate baseball even more than I did before. Televised bar darts is more entertaining.
12. There is about 10 lbs of candy in my house now and my wife bought full size candy bars to give out last night and since my entire subdivison lost power in the middle of trick or treating we've got about 80 of those left as well. I have no will power so I will probably eat most of them, gain 30 lbs, and require dentures as all my teeth rot away.
14. The Chiefs arent that good. Have they beat anyone with a winning record? NO.
15. I might have to put up a X-mas tree this weekend because I'll be watching a bunch of games I truly dont care about.
16. Holy shit, I just realized there was a football game on last night. No kidding. Completely forgot. Wouldnt have matter anyway because I had no power. Who won? Who played?
19. Mico spent the summer feeling sorry for himself and his golf game so I played almost no golf (and I dont care because I suck)
20. Nobody in this group is any good at Whirlyball. I dont think we drank enough before playing last time.
21. Why do the Vikings helmets look like they've been sanded with dry wet/dry sandpaper?
23. I want to punch Pete Carroll so fucking hard he chokes on the god damn gum he chomps on like a horse.
24. Have you ever passed a car whose driver who is picking the shit out of his nose as you drive by?
27. Is Pizza Hut better or worse than Domino's? How about Little Caesar's? Hungry Howie's? Am I the only one who refuses to eat Papa John's because Peyton Manning endorses them?
28. I am embarrassed for Wes Welker. Old Spice has made him look to be even more of a douchebag than he is when he cries for a PI call on any incompletion.
29. Only one more to go.
30. Calvin Johnson will finish 2nd in the MVP voting. Peyton Manning will finish first in MVP voting and first in most unattractive forehead with massive helmet indentation.
31. Just for good measure......What is up with JJ Watt and that damn bloody nose? Find a helmet that fits asshole. You dont look tougher with a bloody face. You look almost as stupid as KVB in his red contacts.

So what are you saying?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Archie Manning wasnt that good, Oliver Luck was even worse, how did they produce three #1 overall draft choice kids?

Archie wasn't a bad QB he played on some horrible Saint teams. He played when you could just not change teams.

What is up with JJ Watt and that damn bloody nose? Find a helmet that fits asshole. You dont look tougher with a bloody face.

I would like to know if he stayed at CMU what kind of TE he could have become!

I will add one…

If people say Calvin makes Stafford a good QB can't we then say Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, D. Thomas, Eric Decker, Dallas Clark, and Wes welker make P. Manning a good QB?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8. I hate my job
29. Only one more to go.

Rings Grampaw... Rings.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Dr. Eviler, lets play ping-pong and try to hit the ball with our paddles while we jump around like a little ballerina! :laugh3:

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#23 was hilarious. :laugh3:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Dr. Eviler, lets play ping-pong and try to hit the ball with our paddles while we jump around like a little ballerina! :laugh3:
Hahaha He got so pissed at that. Well that and the tattoo we were making fun of him about. :lol: