• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford the stud!

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't supporting anything. I was merely saying he's an idiot. He isn't on any end of the spectrum as his opinion means little.
Who is beyond Jaworski when it comes to opinions on Matthew Stafford? I cannot think of anyone. He flat out thinks Stafford is an average QB and proves it by ranking him #11 overall. Now tell me, who is further from reality on Stafford than Jaworski? I know TP is on the other side of reality with him in the HOF, but who is on the negative end of the spectrum?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you are wrong. He did not improve from 2011 to 2012. He took a step backwards for whatever reasons legitimate or not he flat out did not improve in 2012. Live with it.

No you're wrong. The topic was about over the course of his career, not from '11 to '12. And he has improved in both categories as a player and leader over his young career. Now go back to eating a dick unless you want me to prove u wrong on something else.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you're wrong. The topic was about over the course of his career, not from '11 to '12. And he has improved in both categories as a player and leader over his young career.
So it is your reading comprehension that is a problem because you do not understand what is meant by "he consistently improved over the course of his career."

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is your reading comprehension that is a problem because you do not understand what is meant by "he consistently improved over the course of his career."
How has he NOT improved consistently? Don't answer, that's rhetorical. I already know that he has and don't need your opinion on it.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he improved so much from 2011 to 2012. :laugh3:
Do you not know what "over the course of his career" means? Like I said, not surprising Saginaw kicked you out of their school system and relegated you to Thailand.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one end of the spectrum and Ron Jaworski ranking Stafford #11 in the league overall is another.

Ron Jaworski is your authority on QB's? Just how fucking stupid are you? We wasn't even an average QB in his playing days, his claim to fame is swearing on MNF and then getting fired.

Some think he's good at dissecting game film? How many times has his name been mentioned as a candidate for a coaching or GM position in the league? Those would seem to go hand in hand.

You're a fucking moron.

Ding, ding

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not know what "over the course of his career" means?
Obviously you do not know what it means because it does not mean that you compare day one to day end. Let me share the definition of consistently with you so that maybe you can understand that this is an ongoing evaluation:

"continuing to happen or develop in the same way"
"of the same quality; especially : good each time"
"steady continuity"
"free from variation or contradiction"

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Jaworski is your authority on QB's?
I see you struggle with reading comprehension as well. I will try to slow it down for you. You see I profess that there is a spectrum of evaluation of Stafford's talents and you would have TP on one end of the spectrum having Stafford in the HOF and on the other end of the spectrum you would have Jaworski who just this week ranked Stafford as the 11th best QB in the NFL. My point is that there is no one any more clueless out there than Jaworski, but I cannot expect you to understand that at first blush. Hopefully that was slow enough for you.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you do not know what it means because it does not mean that you compare day one to day end. Let me share the definition of consistently with you so that maybe you can understand that this is an ongoing evaluation:

"continuing to happen or develop in the same way"
"of the same quality; especially : good each time"
"steady continuity"
"free from variation or contradiction"
Thx, I have a dictionary also. I don't need your bitch ass giving me definitions. You lack the understanding of "over the course of his career", it's that simple. You're pointing to one season where he wasn't that great. But since his rookie season, he has improved consistently. Damn, you really are dumb.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lack the understanding of "over the course of his career", it's that simple.
Well obviously the dictionary does not help you because you choose not to educate yourself on this matter. Continue to think what you like it only shows your ignorance. Stafford has not consistently improved over the course of his career.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat all of those teams this season? Holy shit. Yeah the colts are definitely better than the lions. Is luck better than stafford currently? I think its a toss up, but if theres a qb that has more potential to be elite than stafford I think its luck. But it doesnt matter both staff and luck will be top five qbs for many years.

I also didn't realize they beat all three of those teams. That's three out of the best 4 teams in the league right now, imo...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. I gotta come to the NFL boards more often.

Nevertheless, College Football rules.

I watch it occasionally. But if I want to see an inferior brand of the game I'll pay $5 and go watch the kids at the HS down the street. At least I know some of them. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't think I'll ever get caught up on this thread... I'm still on page 11!

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't think I'll ever get caught up on this thread... I'm still on page 11!

The most important bit of information is that if you haven't seen Boondocks Saints, you should.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not considered elite YET and it's not because he doesn't play for "one of those teams". It's because the guys leading those teams have been performing at a high level for years. This is Rodgers 6th season in a row of stellar play and he's the "rookie" of the bunch. You don't get consideration for that category until you have a much longer track record of excellence than Stafford has. The word loses its meaning when everyone who has a good year or 2 is suddenly "elite".

Disagree. I don't think "elite" status has anything to do with the amount of time you've played the game. It's funny how all of a sudden, Luck is a top five qb (which means elite to me) and Stafford is just a good qb. This is Luck's second year man. To me, a qb can come in the NFL and become elite after 3 years of playing in the NFL. If RG III didn't have his injury and continued to play really well, we would be hearing elite status attached to his name.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're fooling yourself if you say yes. (see 2012)

Ok then. I don't expect a whole lot from a qb when a team was having as many problems as they were. No excuses for Stafford playing the way he did, but I don't think it was as bad as many try to make it seem.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I vote for the Cleveland game as his greatest moment...pretty much equal but doing it with a dislocated shoulder trumps the Cowboy game.

As far as bad luck and big hits...check this out from PFF...if this does not improve he may have his ass handed to him again.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...cked-pressure/

I'd argue that most of that type of pressure on Stafford comes from all the screens they run. Stafford gets rid of the ball faster than any qb in the league man.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is the real Matthew Stafford: 2011 or 2012?

Fantasy Camp
Matthew Stafford's 2013 fantasy value is up for debate heading into the season. Some people accepted early in his career that he would eventually join the elite level of fantasy quarterbacks, and when he achieved that level for the 2011 season, they became willing to overlook the negative data points that reared their ugly head last season. Some people point to things like Calvin Johnson getting tackled six times inside the opponent's 2-yard line last year, or Stafford setting an NFL passing record with 727 attempts, to say there's no cause for concern. The fact of the matter is that, despite that record number of attempts, his fantasy point total regressed significantly and we should really try to identify what caused that regression and whether it's likely to continue.

Fantasy Football: Matthew Stafford looking to find greater consistency, reach heights similar to those in 2011 season - Fantasy Football - ESPN

Oh but I guess he has been consistently improving over the course of his career. :laugh3:

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no need for that. Everyone's entitled to their homer opinions.

LOL. Man, I'm willing to bet anybody by the season's end, they will be calling Stafford an elite QB. Especially if they go to the playoff and win one. Qb's that are just "good" don't do what Stafford does.