• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurrier a lousy farkin quitter

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me Spurrier turned a losing South Carolina program into one of respect. I get it; they never won the SEC; however they were not able to recruit as well as Florida, Georgia, Alabama; etc. Probably not his fault. When he was at Florida he was great. I think he simply ran out of energy and decided not to take money he was unable to earn. Sometimes a person wakes up and realizes he/she no longer wants to be there. I have no problem with that. At least he was honest about it.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people go through life uncompromising - and that is SS.

For example: After his stint in the NFL, Gators were exciting to have him return as HC. SS hated our AD (Foley) and said he come right on back if they got rid of him. UF would not and so SS went to USC instead of his beloved alma mater.

It seems stupid in retrospect, but not in the mind of an uncompromising person. I happen to think that's pretty bad-ass and not a bad way to go through life.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm USCe I look at Mark Dantonio (MSU HC) to be your next HC. Give him a blank check and try to sway him out of East Lansing. I think it would be interesting.

dann bunn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says "I'm resigning, not retiring...I might go coach a High School team, or something."

Way to run out on your team when they need you the most, asshole!

Naaahhhh, I get it...he just doesn't have it anymore. This is way better than limping through a lost season, losing potential recruits who don't want to commit to a program in an uncertain situation, etc.

Kirby Smart has been mentioned as someone that the University will pursue. Whoever it is, they will have their work cut out for them, and huge shoes to fill.

I'll be in my stall crying for the next week.
I think any coach that has to quit, to save his no losing season, in the middle of the season, after he has committed himself to the new recruits is despicable.

dann bunn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no love loss for Spurrier as a human being, but one thing I think we need to give him credit for is saying what he believes. His cuts through the PC bullshit that owns our society now that everyone expects. I wish we had more people in society like him...nothing worse than someone smiling and saying all the politically correct things .. only to find out they are scum behind the scenes. Spurrier just lays it out there...

I used to have all the respect ever for him, until he just Quit the newly recruited players. These kids came to SC to play and be coached by him. He is very selfish and immature.