• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, Who's the moron that said the Lakers are the better-operated franchise than the Cavs?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Anthony Davis fiasco dooms the LeBron tenure - then I am going to blame LeBron and his agent - but I still say that until the injuries - the Lakers were in playoff position and contention. It was not until the Lakers had lost LeBron, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and Rajon Rondo that they spiraled downward out of control. Without LeBron only - they started losing more games, but it would have been more manageable

You're right. However, this injuries are what ruined this season. Unless the Lakers, Rich Paul and Lebron (specifically Lebron) can clean up the mess from the AD debacle, it could very well do a considerable amount of damage to future seasons, especially this upcoming season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was checking with a friend of mine who watched those games - very clearly the Chicago Bulls did not have significant players that missed that many games and they never had a really good center - so whoever it was that missed a lot - He was a scrub, and yes very clearly the Bulls made the playoffs and came close without their best ONE PLAYER NAMED MICHAEL JORDAN. That still is a poor comparison to the Lakers missing their THREE BEST PLAYERS and be mindful that when Michael Jordan(many thought it was his fault that his father was killed due to gambling debt) Left the game - He was replaced with a fairly decent forward -Not saying that was the same as Jordan, but it was still a far cry from the Lakers who lost their THREE BEST PLAYERS and NO ONE TO REPLACE THEM
Did you really mean to write this? MJ missed 82 games. Not 20-some. Something tells me given the choice of what they had, or MJ playing 60 games and Grant/Pippen missing an extra 10-12 games they'd choose the latter.

Something also tells me you know this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers would have had a better record with LeBron all 82 games - considering that LeBron has been injury free his entire career with the exception of a few here and there, No one expected him to go down. Then the Lakers Lost Rondo, Lonzo Ball, and Ingram in that same period. If LeBron had been the only one injured, who knows for sure, but one should think they could have done better. A stronger team may have come up stronger in spite of that, but this young Lakers team was not built to compensate for injuries. They can make up for the absence of no depth, but playing the starts longer, but then you have to expect the injuries. Get one really good elite player for LeBron as a playmate, that should help curtail the injuries. But Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram are very thin and weak. They need to put some muscles on those thin frames and become men before they can really compete in the NBA - They are still just kids right now
Well, they didn't have Lebron last year and how did that go?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

IMO, how the AD deal could have gone down differently would have been if the Laker FO had expressed interest, but put the ball in the Pelicans court to make the offer.

That way, you don't risk pissing off your entire roster by offering them in trade for a player who isn't really available anyway. Because as we all said on here, the Pelicans were always going to wait until the summer to trade Davis.

If the Pelicans had any desire to execute a trade with the Lakers, they would have made an offer.

I pretty much agree. I think that it's likely that the Pels were always going to wait.

However, if there was any chance at all that the trade happened before the deadline, it would have been if AD quietly informed the Pels that he wanted out and the Lakers quietly went to the Pels and said "Hey, we're interested in trading for AD. What do you want in return?".

If it happens that way, maybe the Pels decide it's better to make a deal and get a player out who doesn't want to be there. Unfortunately, we'll never know because Klutch decided to make it public and pissed the Pels off.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree. I think that it's likely that the Pels were always going to wait.

However, if there was any chance at all that the trade happened before the deadline, it would have been if AD quietly informed the Pels that he wanted out and the Lakers quietly went to the Pels and said "Hey, we're interested in trading for AD. What do you want in return?".

If it happens that way, maybe the Pels decide it's better to make a deal and get a player out who doesn't want to be there. Unfortunately, we'll never know because Klutch decided to make it public and pissed the Pels off.

Yep.

And that is important.

Klutch was more at fault for the debacle, but the Laker FO could have handled it a lot better too.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

And that is important.

Klutch was more at fault for the debacle, but the Laker FO could have handled it a lot better too.

I doubt you'll find many Lakers fans that would put any of this on the FO when it's just much easier to blame LeBron & Klutch for everything.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

And that is important.

Agree 100%. The Lakers FO had their inexperience exposed in a big way.

Back when Jeanie was kicking Short Buss to the curb and bringing in Magic and Pelinka, I was saying that I hope they keep Mitch Kupchak around in at least an advisory role. They didn't.

If Mitch was there, I don't think it's handled publicly. If it was, I think he would have known how to get out of it and save some face when things started spinning out of control. Magic and Pelinka had no idea how to do that and basically got trolled by Demps and the Pels. It's being said by at least a couple of "Lakers Insiders" out here that by the end, some of the rumored offers were basically just Demps making shit up to make the Lakers look bad.

Hopefully, the Lakers FO learned their lesson and will handle things differently going forward.

There was a reason Dr. Buss always wanted all negotiations, whether they be with players or other organizations, kept quiet until they were completed. What happened with AD is a great example of why.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt you'll find many Lakers fans that would put any of this on the FO when it's just much easier to blame LeBron & Klutch for everything.

Not this one. It's mainly Klutch's fault because they took it public. But the Lakers FO didn't know how to get things back under control and got exposed.

Right now, I'm chalking it up to inexperience. If they learn from it and move on...it's all good.

But if they don't and keep making these mistakes...then it'll be stupidity and need to be addressed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this one. It's mainly Klutch's fault because they took it public. But the Lakers FO didn't know how to get things back under control and got exposed.

Right now, I'm chalking it up to inexperience. If they learn from it and move on...it's all good.

But if they don't and keep making these mistakes...then it'll be stupidity and need to be addressed.

I think that whole AD debacle messed the chemistry up for the team. I can't imagine that many of LeBron's teammates really wanna be there anymore after # 23 was willing to trade anyone/everyone to get the Unibrow.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that whole AD debacle messed the chemistry up for the team. I can't imagine that many of LeBron's teammates really wanna be there anymore after # 23 was willing to trade anyone/everyone to get the Unibrow.

No doubt that it did. That's why I think Lebron has a lot of work to do. He and Klutch made this mess and they need to clean it up.

Magic and Pelinka can explain it away and make all of the "assurances" that they want to both the kids and any potential FA's.

But at the end of the day, the players are going to be in the locker room and and on the court with Lebron, not Magic and Pelinka...so it's Lebron that they are going to need to talk to and receive assurances from.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That same cast of characters sucked last year.
They sucked without Lebron this year.

It is a false narrative to suggest Anthony Davis somehow made these guys suck because of chemistry.
No, what made them suck was LEBRON not being there.

They could have literally forced dudes on a fucking plane to sit on the runway in New Orleans for 2 days
It would not have mattered. It was the injuries not hurt feelings.

Who the fuck cares about the chemistry of random Jabroni players with years of NBA failure?
They only started to win because of Lebron, not because of some great chemistry.

You think Jordan gave two shits about the mental well being and hurt feelings of some scrub he insulted on his team.

If Lebron was healthy, they would have made the playoffs.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. However, this injuries are what ruined this season. Unless the Lakers, Rich Paul and Lebron (specifically Lebron) can clean up the mess from the AD debacle, it could very well do a considerable amount of damage to future seasons, especially this upcoming season.
Oh I have been saying that injuries are what ruined this season and that's the reason I say the trolls in here are full of shit when they keep saying Magic screwed up, LeBron was mistake and yadda yadda yadda. I do think though that the AD fiasco finished the destruction that the injuries started and I will say almost completed. I SAY THAT because I think that's the reason Magic deserves another chance to reload

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injures started the destruction and the Lakers on life support. The AD distaster pulled that plug. NO Lebron injured would have meant the playoffs for the Lakers.

That simple

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injures started the destruction and the Lakers on life support. The AD distaster pulled that plug. NO Lebron injured would have meant the playoffs for the Lakers.

That simple

You're probably right about what said about LeBron. The other injuries obviously didn't help though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right about what said about LeBron. The other injuries obviously didn't help though.
The other injuries prevented Ths team from hanging on until LeBron came back. in that case they still would have made 8th seed and be eliminated in the first round. They were never contenders this season. We all knew that already