• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what's new?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 innings, 2 hits, 8 strikeouts.

:wtf2:

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most guys Ryu has ever fanned was 7 and it took him all 9 to get that.
He had 8 through 6 innings against Dusty's swingaholics.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now this is more like the road trip I projected. Absolutely ZERO consistency from this ball club. Meantime, the Homers claim Cueto, Marshall. and Ludwick will make this all better. It wont get better until A) YOU SHIP THE TOOTHPICKER AND JACOBY DOWN THE OHIO or B) SHIP OUT SOME OF THE DEAD WEIGHT IN THE LINE UP. I really think you can win with what you have if they are instructed plate ethics by a good hitting instructor instead of the pea brain they call Jerkoby.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, for the folks who see rainbows, this is how this team plays against real pitching.
Two hits, and none after the third inning.
You can't play that bad on purpose.

I won't even bring up that Skippy is a former Cardinal so even when we don't play them, they get even with us.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless something changes fast, the Reds are not even going to get that last wildcard spot. Just know consistency at all.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go through the lineup once and don't get much going, I understand that.
But a guy beats you twice, three times through the lineup ... what the fuck were you doing while the guy was mowing down your hitters?

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great point John. With every preceding at bat during the game the hitter should be gaining the advantage over the SP. Stats show that the hitters BA increases against the SP the more times he goes through the line-up.

As I've watch the Reds struggle against good pitching time and time again I've come to realize if the pitcher had a unlimited pitch count, the Reds' hitters would struggle against the SP no matter how many times he went through the order.

They have a scouting report and a hitters meeting every pregame. Whether or not the scouting report and the plan of attack is correct, this team is slow to make in game adjustments to what the opposing pitchers are doing.

The old saying might be "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me". But watching this team get fooled repeatedly is just a shame.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This club needs to be put in a classroom every day until they get it. The problem is that they have no one to get it from. The Coaching staff (excluding Price) are all fucking morons who find trouble in walking and chewing gum at the same time.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, they've already won as many games this series as i expected, and still have a winnable Didger game and a Padres series left... this trip would not have meant as much, if our Reds could have played .500 against .500 teams the first half...but it's kind of a given this team will paint itself into a corner at every opportunity. This team isn't a run machine. It's a fair weather hitting machine... better when playing bad defenses, wild pitchers, and predictable running games, that tends to pile on when up by 3 runs, like most teams.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birds get their heads handed to them, the Parrots lose 2 of 3 to the Marlins and the Reds leave LA exactly where they were when they got there. Maybe it doesn't matter so long as you make the playoffs but playing winning baseball isn't what I see.

5 hits in 2 games, 3 runs in 3 games and nothing resembling a sniff at it for 18 innings ... that isn't just bad luck ... that's bad baseball.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the sake of me, I don't understand why the Management of the Cincinnati Reds can't the fucking problem. Today, Dustmop wont PH for DROB with a runner on 3rd and 1 out. All it takes is a sac fly that would have won the game. He is the biggest idiot I have ever seen in the game yet gets glorified on every corner. That is about 7 games of serious fuck ups that have cost the Reds. I know, DustMop dont hit and DustMop don't field and DustMop dont pitch but DustMop can make a difference when your team has 5 hits in 2 games and is begging for a coaching move to help score a goddamn run. All you needed was a sac fly. Now who thinks DROB is gonna consistently come to the plate and get a sac? You had Choo sitting there and ready to win the game and you sit on your ass and cost us again. Just plain retarded. I loathe for the day this dumbass is the fuck out of here.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusty costs his team about a dozen chances at wins every year. They even win some of those, but it takes unusual bravado, usually a couple homers and a few 2 out hits, and a gift or three by the other team. Dusty's baseball IQ is very low, as is his energy level. It's simple- the Reds have to hit on their own to win, Dusty isn't going to save them with sound fundamental logic. It is what it is, until ownership doesn't think it's good enough anymore.