• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what makes the Patriots so great?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then you believe Robert Kraft was "duped by a most likable young man" and the ex-FBI Special Agents on the Patriots security staff had no idea what their superstar $40,000,000 TE had been up to for years?

i dont think anyone could of seen that one coming.

im not sure about you but famous millionaires with a legitimate income who happen to be murderers are a pretty rare breed.

and this may be news to you.....but murderers dont go around boasting their evil deeds ==> especially famous ones.

while every NFL team knew he had issues, i doubt any NFL team could have known just how off the deep end he was.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then you believe Robert Kraft was "duped by a most likable young man" and the ex-FBI Special Agents on the Patriots security staff had no idea what their superstar $40,000,000 TE had been up to for years?

Who knows, but your version of "possible" events has no more credibility than the opposite interpretation of what really happened.

Personally, I couldn't care less. Thugs are pretty much a part of professional sports. Too bad AH turned out to be a criminal because he was a phenomenal football player.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think anyone could of seen that one coming.

im not sure about you but famous millionaires with a legitimate income who happen to be murderers are a pretty rare breed.

and this may be news to you.....but murderers dont go around boasting their evil deeds ==> especially famous ones.

while every NFL team knew he had issues, i doubt any NFL team could have known just how off the deep end he was.

So the guns, drugs and violence wouldn't give any indication of potentially serious problems? And the Patriots didn't know anything about this before the drafted him? I never said the Patriots knew he was going to be a serial killer so that dodge won't work. They knew he was a violent criminal with a drug problem and known gang affiliations when they did what no other team in the NFL would do and drafted him. The Patriots are like any other team in that they will use whatever player they can to win. It's the NFL and they're better at it than anyone.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows, but your version of "possible" events has no more credibility than the opposite interpretation of what really happened.

Personally, I couldn't care less. Thugs are pretty much a part of professional sports. Too bad AH turned out to be a criminal because he was a phenomenal football player.

He didn't "turn out" to be a criminal. He was a criminal from a young age and everyone knew it including the Patriots. You're telling us about a team that's "so great" and different from all the other teams and "The Patriot Way" and a higher standard and an owner who gets to know everyone and it's a big family. Can you see how Aaron Hernandez throws a wrench in the works? Or do you really believe that this is all "my version of possible events?"

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the guns, drugs and violence wouldn't give any indication of potentially serious problems? And the Patriots didn't know anything about this before the drafted him? I never said the Patriots knew he was going to be a serial killer so that dodge won't work. They knew he was a violent criminal with a drug problem and known gang affiliations when they did what no other team in the NFL would do and drafted him. The Patriots are like any other team in that they will use whatever player they can to win. It's the NFL and they're better at it than anyone.

Well, the Pats started this whole "reform the wayward" strategy with Corey Dillon! :)
It worked for awhile but now they need to make sure to only hire players who were choir boys, boy scouts, etc.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't "turn out" to be a criminal. He was a criminal from a young age and everyone knew it including the Patriots. You're telling us about a team that's "so great" and different from all the other teams and "The Patriot Way" and a higher standard and an owner who gets to know everyone and it's a big family. Can you see how Aaron Hernandez throws a wrench in the works? Or do you really believe that this is all "my version of possible events?"

I believe this is your version of events because you are the one being so fervent to convince everyone that that is what happened. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. lets stop this "no other team would draft him" nonsense. he went in the 4th round. obviously the pats felt that there was enough interest from other teams to spend a 4th rd pick on him.

2. you can point to the gang ties & guns however he kept a very clean slate while he was with the pats with zero incidents until the total bombshell dropped.

3. you really need to drop the gang ties argument because according to the police he has no gang tattoo's and with the media digging into his life as a result of the scandal not one major media outlet has found any evidence linking him to a gang. and as for his "criminal history" he was involved in a bar fight while at Florida and had no other incidents before coming to the patriots

just admit it dude......

you have no argument here

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The patriot way has to do with how players conduct themselves as members of the organization. it has nothing to do with the "we wont take problem players" stretch that hammer is focusing on.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this is your version of events because you are the one being so fervent to convince everyone that that is what happened. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours.

Wow, I'm blown away that a Patriots fan doesn't know this stuff and thinks it's fiction. Did you not read the Rolling Stone article? Read it and come back and tell me more about "The Patriot Way."

Link: Aaron Hernandez: Patriots Tight End Violent Evolution | Rolling Stone

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I'm blown away that a Patriots fan doesn't know this stuff and thinks it's fiction. Did you not read the Rolling Stone article? Read it and come back and tell me more about "The Patriot Way."

Link: Aaron Hernandez: Patriots Tight End Violent Evolution | Rolling Stone

1. that article came out after the patriots released him

2. the article relies on unnamed sources and the story was never verified/reported by major news media sources such as the new york times or NBC

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. lets stop this "no other team would draft him" nonsense. he went in the 4th round. obviously the pats felt that there was enough interest from other teams to spend a 4th rd pick on him.

2. you can point to the gang ties & guns however he kept a very clean slate while he was with the pats with zero incidents until the total bombshell dropped.

3. you really need to drop the gang ties argument because according to the police he has no gang tattoo's and with the media digging into his life as a result of the scandal not one major media outlet has found any evidence linking him to a gang. and as for his "criminal history" he was involved in a bar fight while at Florida and had no other incidents before coming to the patriots

just admit it dude......

you have no argument here

You have ABOLUTLEY NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Go read the Rolling Stone article for starters: Aaron Hernandez: Patriots Tight End Violent Evolution | Rolling Stone

It'll take you 15 minutes. Report back when you're done.

And as for this part...

He was consensus first-round talent. He slipped to the fourth round because no one would draft him with his rapsheet.

But there, I'm not going to debate with you if you don't even know the very basic facts in this case.

"Zero incidents" and "no gang tattoo's" :L Just wow...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. that article came out after the patriots released him

2. the article relies on unnamed sources and the story was never verified/reported by major news media sources such as the new york times or NBC

Ah, okay. Fair enough, John. :suds:

Good night, fellas.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hernandez is innocent didnt you know? no stain on the pats franchise, they should of stuck by him just like ray lewis. he'll be free and be a jaguar in a few years.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason he may be one of the best owners in the league is he stays the hell out of the way on personnel decisions, and gives BB control.

Which I really like... Just want BB to scale back just a bit on his control of personnel choices though.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when did Rolling Stone become a go to source for sports material?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(((Hammer's Patriots Boner)))