• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what makes the Patriots so great?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason why they have been so good for so long is because they have the best coach, quarterback, & owner in the league. While most people focus around brady/belichick I think kraft should get as much credit. Personally I think he is by far the best owner in the league.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think he is by far the best owner in the league.

That'a a pretty bold statement. I'm curious why you feel that way. :suds: Please explain!

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did I click this? Just the same ole same ole redone over and over again so the same people can sit here and argue for hours. Oh wait, I remember now. :pop2:

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality control, at every level - their personnel evaluation system is best in the NFL.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason why they have been so good for so long is because they have the best coach, quarterback, & owner in the league. While most people focus around brady/belichick I think kraft should get as much credit. Personally I think he is by far the best owner in the league.

The reason he may be one of the best owners in the league is he stays the hell out of the way on personnel decisions, and gives BB control.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality control, at every level - their personnel evaluation system is best in the NFL.

Nice comment, as always GS, and probably on the mark. They are very strict in management decisions and with players. There is very little wiggle room to make mistakes, you have to do your job well or it's see ya later.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason he may be one of the best owners in the league is he stays the hell out of the way on personnel decisions, and gives BB control.

Unlike that guy from Dallas :whistle:

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice comment, as always GS, and probably on the mark. They are very strict in management decisions and with players. There is very little wiggle room to make mistakes, you have to do your job well or it's see ya later.

Bold: exactly. I've read some articles about their system, and they don't get attached to players. It's cold, some times, but they're really good about not getting caught paying big $ to non-performers.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely true, Kraft delegates authority to his HC and never gets in the way of personnel decisions. He trusts the people he puts in charge.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to include:

Play in a dumpster fire division that includes 3 Cleveland browns as your competition. Thus for the past decade, you enter every season with 5-6 guaranteed div wins. Then all you have to do is win the majority of your home games and you make the playoffs every year.

Plus it helps when you know the defensive signals of your competition as they call them. That helps too.

Dynasty!!!

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'a a pretty bold statement. I'm curious why you feel that way. :suds: Please explain!

1. he gives BB complete control of the team. there have been times where BB acts as the GM, OC, & DC all in one season. the amount of power that BB has in New England is unprecedented in the league.

2. I am not sure how many other owners do this but kraft puts requirements in player contracts that they must spend X amount of time for charity projects each year. I think its a genius move to help build player discipline and have them keep focus.

3. he shows his players that he cares about them. he takes the time to get to know everyone from tom brady to the guy at the bottom of the depth chart. Not a lot of NFL teams have as good of a owner/player relationship as the patriots.

4. he is not afraid to make unpopular moves. vinatieri, branch, moss, law, & welker. the majority of the time most teams try their best to retain players like these that are well liked by the fanbase. Kraft/BB however simply dont give a shit about the fan reaction. sure BB is the decision maker but these are the types of moves that the owner gets the final say in.

sure other owners have some of these traits as well. however what makes kraft unique is that he has all four. the "patriot way" does get overshadowed because of spygate however the pats have a very unique style of running their franchise that centers around the "success with honor" type mentality. yes spygate is a massive black eye to that but anyone who watches the pats on a weekly basis can see it. the "patriot way" does not apply to just the team because Kraft buys into it as well and is a firm believer in it and thats why i think he is the best owner. since he bought the patriots no other owner has more super bowl appearances or wins than he does and I think thats all you really need to settle this debate

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to include:

Play in a dumpster fire division that includes 3 Cleveland browns as your competition. Thus for the past decade, you enter every season with 5-6 guaranteed div wins. Then all you have to do is win the majority of your home games and you make the playoffs every year.

Plus it helps when you know the defensive signals of your competition as they call them. That helps too.

Dynasty!!!

What a hater.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to include:

Dynasty!!!

LOL, typical clichè comment. Those crappy AFCE bottom feeders regularly beat the crap out of the NFC's best. Look it up.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, typical clichè comment. Those crappy AFCE bottom feeders regularly beat the crap out of the NFC's best. Look it up.

So you're agreeing the AFCE has 3 crappy bottom feeders? Sweet. Good to hear Pats fans can admit this.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to include:

Dynasty!!!

in the last 6 years an afc east team other than the patriots went to the playoffs. I have never really bought the "afc east is weak" excuse for the pats success because

1. while it is weak by no means is it the weakest division in the NFL on a regular basis

2. the NFL does imbalanced scheduling designed to make the schedules harder for more competitive teams

3. the patriots have backed up their success in the AFC east in the playoffs. so you cant really say that they are coasting along on an easy sos

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a rough and tumble division until you win it with a 7-9 record with the last place team just 2 games behind you.