• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what makes the Patriots so great?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other team in the division would you say should have won it the past 11 seasons? In the past 11 seasons how many AFC East teams would you say were really good?

the only people who bring this up are dumbass's who dont get how the NFL works.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other team in the division would you say should have won it the past 11 seasons? In the past 11 seasons how many AFC East teams would you say were really good?
the dolphins were really good in the early 2000's, they had jason taylor, zach thomas, patrick surtain, sam madison all in their prime and their d was elite. pats always had a hard time beating them and they actually lost alot. then they fell off the map but the yets got good with rex ryan. they went to the afccg and beat the pats in the playoffs. but they suck now too. bills have always sucked. the division always had at least one team that threatened the pats untill very recently when the fish, yets, and bills suck all at the same time.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure other owners make unpopular moves. but like i said before, what sets kraft apart is the frequency at which he does it.

Sorta like this guy? Consensus first-round talent that no other team in the NFL would touch because he had a violent criminal past, known gang ties and serious character flaws?

QWcdigU.jpg

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only people who bring this up are dumbass's who dont get how the NFL works.

Okay, well then humor me since you know allot about it. It's a very simple question. Over the last 11 seasons, can you please name some teams in the AFC East other than the Patriots who were really good?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, well then humor me since you know allot about it. It's a very simple question. Over the last 11 seasons, can you please name some teams in the AFC East other than the Patriots who were really good?

Hey Hammer, Watcha drinking?

I am going to go to the shopette in about 20 minutes and get a bottle of good Scotch, today being Christmas and all.....

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Hammer, Watcha drinking?

I am going to go to the shopette in about 20 minutes and get a bottle of good Scotch, today being Christmas and all.....

I've been taking it easy all weekend since laying it on pretty thick last Thursday night. I bet your shit is really expensive on the island, isn't it?

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorta like this guy? Consensus first-round talent that no other team in the NFL would touch because he had a violent criminal past, known gang ties and serious character flaws?

Lol. They've done pretty well with the draft. This is off-topic.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the dolphins were really good in the early 2000's, they had jason taylor, zach thomas, patrick surtain, sam madison all in their prime and their d was elite. pats always had a hard time beating them and they actually lost alot. then they fell off the map but the yets got good with rex ryan. they went to the afccg and beat the pats in the playoffs. but they suck now too. bills have always sucked. the division always had at least one team that threatened the pats untill very recently when the fish, yets, and bills suck all at the same time.

That was a great Miami team. W-L stats are pretty much even in the div over the last years with Jets and Phins.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great Miami team. W-L stats are pretty much even in the div over the last years with Jets and Phins.
yep i was always terrified to play the dolphins. jason taylor absolutely terroized brady.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QWcdigU.jpg

Total off-the-field bust. I still can't believe it happened, how do you toss 40 million dollars and NFL fame into the wind? Obviously, this poor guy is big time bipolar.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. They've done pretty well with the draft. This is off-topic.

What's on-topic then? The entire history of the New England Patriots except Aaron Hernandez?

The OP keeps talking about the important of "The Patriot Way." Aaron Hernandez is a billion candlepower spotlight exposing "The Patriot Way" as a giant hoax.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would you say Tom Brady, as the leader of the Pats, is a great example of "The Patriot Way?"

Since it's not something you can see, would you say it's more like Tom Brady's "intangibles?"

And do you disagree with ex-Pats players who feel "The Patriot Way" is draconian bullshit?

brady- yeah he works his ass off. hes great in december....why? because the patriots practice outside in the cold more than any other team.

it has nothing to do with intangibles but BB going after players who were told they werent good enough and come into the NFL with a chip on their shoulder. players who work their asses off trying to prove those who doubted them wrong.

brady ==> the michigan QB fiasco, mr. 199

welker ==> came very close to not playing d1 football, went undrafted

woodhead ==> d2 football, went undrafted

elderman ==> 232nd pick in the 7th round

and of all the high draft pick choices they make, they make sure that those guys will buy into their system once they join the team. a big part of the pats player scouting is looking for the right attitude.

and how many ex patriot players go on an anti patriot rant? lets see.....theres moss & welker who actually praised the patriots after they got canned. branch who didnt say a word and ended up coming back......

off the top of my head i cant think of a single situation where an ex patriot came out bashing BB.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's on-topic then? The entire history of the New England Patriots except Aaron Hernandez?

The OP keeps talking about the important of "The Patriot Way." Aaron Hernandez is a billion candlepower spotlight exposing "The Patriot Way" as a giant hoax.

and the pats canned him as soon as he got charged.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total off-the-field bust. I still can't believe it happened, how do you toss 40 million dollars and NFL fame into the wind? Obviously, this poor guy is big time bipolar.

one of the rare Fuck ups by the pats

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hammer, have fun with this. I have to go deliver a (cooked) turkey to an Okinawan friend that does not have an oven. Then I'll pick up that bottle of scotch to celebrate!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmm, that is an interesting approach. You are basing the "Patriots Way," whatever that is because we don't use that term, on a player that was on the team for two years? What about all the other players?

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hernandez performed well for them, actually, and they didn't have to pay out for him after his rookie contract, lol. Brady was drafted in the 6th round, they picked up Welker as a UDFA, Brandon Spkes in the 2nd round, Dennard in round 7. They're pretty competent, allowing for the bizarre felony exception.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the pats canned him as soon as he got charged.

So then you believe Robert Kraft was "duped by a most likable young man" and the ex-FBI Special Agents on the Patriots security staff had no idea what their superstar $40,000,000 TE had been up to for years?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez performed well for them, actually, and they didn't have to pay out for him after his rookie contract, lol. Brady was drafted in the 6th round, they picked up Welker as a UDFA, Brandon Spkes in the 2nd round, Dennard in round 7. They're pretty competent, allowing for the bizarre felony exception.

the pats got welker via a trade if i recall correctly