• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what makes the Patriots so great?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? League best receiving corps?

I think you're confusing him with a certain other hall of famer on that one.

You must be talking about Joe Montana? Yeah, he'd have won 11 straight Super Bowls with the level of talent Brady's enjoyed his entire career. 11 straight. Plug Peyton Manning into that system and he wins it all every single year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick.

I have never seen a team so consistently ready to play every week, every year as I have seen from the Pats the past dozen years.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Brady's the GOAT. Never played with a decent receiver, OL is swiss cheese, coaches are terrible and just because Manning, Jr. beat him doesn't detract from that Super Bowl the Patriots defense won 10 yrs ago."

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're usually reasonable but I don't even want to know what happened to your brain if you're trying to tell me Brady has had receivers that have even been close to resembling what Peyton had to work with.

Brady's best season? Wes, Deion branch, Gronk, Hernandez, and Brandon Tate were his top 5 receivers.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that doesn't think Brady is one of the best ever, doesn't know football. Seriously....

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha HD. I didn't know the meaning of GOAT until just now when I consulted my internet dictionary!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're usually reasonable but I don't even want to know what happened to your brain if you're trying to tell me Brady has had receivers that have even been close to resembling what Peyton had to work with.

Brady's best season? Wes, Deion branch, Gronk, Hernandez, and Brandon Tate were his top 5 receivers.

How did they win a single game with those terrible receivers???

"Imagine what Jesus Chr... errr I mean Tom Brady could have done with Aaron Moorehead, Ben Utecht and Joe Dean Davenport!!!"

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of his better receiving corps. Outside of 2007, can you name a single year Payton has not had head and shoulders better options at the position? His entire career in Indy he had what is likely two hall of famers. Wayne probably is just very good without Peyton, but Harrison was a hall of famer regardless. Then he goes to Denver and his receiving corps is stacked enough that when Brady's best guy crosses over, he's Peyton's third option.

Brady had one year with a very good set of receivers. The rest he has had mostly no names and anyone resembling objective is perfectly aware of that.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of his better receiving corps. Outside of 2007, can you name a single year Payton has not had head and shoulders better options at the position? His entire career in Indy he had what is likely two hall of famers. Wayne probably is just very good without Peyton, but Harrison was a hall of famer regardless. Then he goes to Denver and his receiving corps is stacked enough that when Brady's best guy crosses over, he's Peyton's third option.

Brady had one year with a very good set of receivers. The rest he has had mostly no names and anyone resembling objective is perfectly aware of that.

Oh man, I. Have. Heard. It. All.

1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Brady more credit than BB. Great QBs make great coaches..Ask Mike Shannahan. the one losing season BB has had at NE was the year TB didn't play?
\ too

I agree too much credit goes to BB. He was 5-13 before Brady turns that around. Brady only unanimous MVP and beat himself when he got 49 out of 50 votes in 2007, could less about that . Guys is the winningest QB in history and most playoffs wins, that bodes well for NE

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Little Manning would have never beaten Brady if we had even one decent receiver. Give us Joe Dean Davenport and we win that Super Bowl."

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're better than this.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that doesn't think Brady is one of the best ever, doesn't know football. Seriously....

Imagine if Brady did'nt have to play against the clutch Manning in those SB's he might have been 5-0 great to go to go to 5 Sb's winning 3. Other one he is 10-4 against so its easy money. Denver was the only team that Brady struggled against. Well not last 3 years

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Brady did'nt have to play against the clutch Manning in those SB's he might have been 5-0 great to go to go to 5 Sb's winning 3. Other one he is 10-4 against so its easy money. Denver was the only team that Brady struggled against. Well not last 3 years

10-4?? You mean 10-0, right? :scratch: Cause the losses don't have anything to do with Brady, only the wins. You know that, right? :noidea:

Pats win.

"Brady is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing."

Pats lose.

"Our receivers are awful."

It's astounding that BB and Kraft are such geniuses but for some reason have failed to surround Brady with any receiving talent. I wonder why they do that??? :noidea:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I used to love when we played the Pats (even if they all were in NE). Shannon Sharp calling the National Guard..Yeah, I know that wasn't TB.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-4?? You mean 10-0, right? :scratch: Cause the losses don't have anything to do with Brady, only the wins. You know that, right? :noidea:

Pats win.

Pats lose.

It's astounding that BB and Kraft are such geniuses but for some reason have failed to surround Brady with any receiving talent. I wonder why they do that??? :noidea:

Brady has had his share of blame. You dont see Pats fan making excuses for him like the Manning BallHuggers, which you seem to be a cardholding member. Peyton one of greatest ever. I dont say its having Edge,Harrison,Wayne best DE bookends in Mathis and Freeney etc, I give him props.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to love when we played the Pats (even if they all were in NE). Shannon Sharp calling the National Guard..Yeah, I know that wasn't TB.

Broncos were always a classy team. Even when Elway retired, I dont care who QB was and team, Pats always struggled. Could be a Kyle Orton or Jake Plummer

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pats win.

Pats lose.

brown moss branch welker hernendez gronk ochocinco stallworth.........

to say they havent surrounded brady with talent over the years is just absurd. the issue is more retaining those receivers if anything.

but honestly I think a big reason why they dont go all out on getting receivers like andre johnson, owens, fitz, or megatron is because they realize that brady can do pretty well without them. case & point: wes welker vs elderman

yes it would be nice to have an elite level receiver however that means less money for the O-line & defense. plus superstar wide receivers tend to come with the sort of side baggage that BB prefers to avoid.