• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So fox studio has Notre Dame out of the playoff

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND's schedule is comparable without playing this week. In some instances, it is even better without playing today. You guys can start bitching when we start scheduling FCS in November. ND plays one of the toughest schedules every year, and they travel from coast to coast.

No doubt you guys try to put a solid schedule out there it wasn't helped out this year with USC and FSU being way down

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-0, can't keep them out, but I wouldn't mind a statement being made to them. Every other contending team had to put their playoff hopes on the line today. Notre Dame got to sit home.

They need to stop being contrarians and join a conference.
tenor.gif

I do wish they would be skipped at some point for this exact reason. Fuck indies.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it. Make them play UCF and the winner gets a shot at the champs as the 4 spot. Shit we have what 3 weeks till these games are even played. Plenty of time for some extra football.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt you guys try to put a solid schedule out there it wasn't helped out this year with USC and FSU being way down
I thought going to vtech was a for sure loss. Shocked they sucked so bad

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee has twice already made a statement that they'll reward teams for not making a championship game. Why wouldn't they reward 12-0 Notre Dame like they rewarded 11-1 Ohio State and Alabama the last two years?

You know what? They probably will leave Notre Dame out. And maybe that's good because then we might get a change so we don't have an arbitrary group of retards sitting in a room voting on who gets in.

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leinart and wannstedt both have them clearly out. I wish I was pissed but it’s too funny

I was stunned tonight by how little real analysis or even common sense was used by the analysts on both Fox and ESPN.

Literally not one of them brought the most basic relevant facts to the playoff debate.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when TCU and Baylor watched at home during conference championship week a few years ago?

i believe they each had a loss and the Big 12 declared them both conference champs in an effort to get two teams in the playoff and the committee said sorry we'll just keep both out.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by making a statement, I don't mean keep them out, I mean knock them down to 4 and make em face Bama in the first round.

I could say make a statement to Alabama and Clemson that playing FCS opponents isn't going to meet the standard and bump them down because that is really the 13th data point.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leinart and wannstedt both have them clearly out. I wish I was pissed but it’s too funny
Wan-stache was saying OSU should be in at halftime. Like what else was he going to say. You know damn well a producer was in his earpiece saying “remember, we want folks to watch the second half”.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

I do wish they would be skipped at some point for this exact reason. Fuck indies.
This is crap. As long as there is a 4 team playoff we are pretty much the only team that HAS to go undefeated. Every conference team gets the benefit of the doubt with one loss.

Hell. We are undefeated and people are STILL saying we should be left out!

And we do it without padding our schedule with FCS opponents

HOGGZ1LLA

subsonic66
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened the last time Bama played ND in a meaningful game?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could ND win. Sure. Would they be favored to win more than 50% of the time. No. So they will be a dog in either opponent. If I was writing lines today it would be something like
vs. Clemson 10-12 points
vs. Bama 15-17 points

I think it's a good thing you aren't writing lines.

Yes, Notre Dame would be the underdog against either opponent. But 17 points? A 17 point underdog in college football wins about 8% of their games. You think if Alabama and ND played 12 times Bama would go 11-1? I don't think they are THAT outmatched. Northwestern/Ohio State today was only a 14 point spread, and I like Notre Dame vs. Alabama way more than Northwestern vs. Ohio State.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 was forced to have a title game with 10 teams. ND should have to play one as well. I don't care if its against the other Independents. Army could have given them a really good game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is crap. As long as there is a 4 team playoff we are pretty much the only team that HAS to go undefeated. Every conference team gets the benefit of the doubt with one loss.

Hell. We are undefeated and people are STILL saying we should be left out!

And we do it without padding our schedule with FCS opponents
Please, it's not like you faced murderers row this year. How many ranked teams did they actually play? If you look at the overall quality of opponent which division of which conference would it compare to? Ball State, Vandy, two pretty down/bad Pac teams, a down VT, navy, pretty average pitt team, FSU that finished sub .500.

They caught Michigan early, played a decent NW and syracuse. But do tell us how ND's schedule is SO big another test the day before selection sunday isn't necessary compared to those fighting for that last playoff spot.
:stephena:

Time to get a big boy schedule and play 13 like everyone else.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, it's not like you faced murderers row this year. How many ranked teams did they actually play? If you look at the overall quality of opponent which division of which conference would it compare to? Ball State, Vandy, two pretty down/bad Pac teams, a down VT, navy, pretty average pitt team, FSU that finished sub .500.

They caught Michigan early, played a decent NW and syracuse. But do tell us how ND's schedule is SO big another test the day before selection sunday isn't necessary compared to those fighting for that last playoff spot.

If all the power five schools agree to stop playing FCS schools I'm sure Notre Dame would schedule a 13th game. Until you stop playing North Dakota you need 13 games to get a schedule like Notre Dame's. Stanford weren't down like USC but they weren't as good as they usually are.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well. To answer your question, going into this weekend we played and beat 3 top 21 teams. This is to say nothing of the rankings of some teams when we played them.

Your argument is very odd, about which division of which conference we’d be comparable to, given we beat the division leader of two P5 conference opponents. (And if you allow for Mich’s claim that they were Co-division leaders, that makes 3.

Last. Fans of teams still playing FCS opponents don’t get to make this argument. Ever.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all the power five schools agree to stop playing FCS schools I'm sure Notre Dame would schedule a 13th game. Until you stop playing North Dakota you need 13 games to get a schedule like Notre Dame's. Stanford weren't down like USC but they weren't as good as they usually are.
Every other team in the top 7 that is fighting for that last spot had a SoS above ND. All of them. So just stop it. It's not ND's fault FSU was entirely garbage, USC isn't even decent, Stanford was down by their typical standards, but that shit happens to everyone. That's why that last 'test' matters.

I'm not saying it should happen this year, but I'd like to see ND punished at some point and put an end to this nonsense. The days of the independants should be over. It's not 1950 anymore.