• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 Post season playoff thread ( dream or reality )

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even THINK to consider postseason possibilities until this team is able to get its shit together and actually figure out what they're supposed to be doing.

Question is, what do Servais and the higher-ups CARE to do in order to help with that?
That gota win ball games right.here..
This is the end of the season.

If not now...when..

Can't blame bull..pen. every time
Or..they are just not..good..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't win..when ya need to..
Then
Ya need to trade the bull pen.cuz.of.

blown.
Saves

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know every..team .is going to.laugh..
When..the mariners have the lead
cuz they going to.know.

They..well.. blow it ....
If ya just get on.them..a.bit..

Then the ..levy..breaks....
And can't stop ..
Nothing..

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win, much needed .. Now let’s keep it going !!
At this point I think taking 1/3 @ The Trop may be our high ceiling.
Anything more than that would shock me.

Mathematically they are still very much alive, my gut instinct tells me they over played so much in the month of August that the baseball Gods are going to correct the win % with some numbers that will have them on the outside looking in come October.

I still 'Believe' ... but not with my heart and my mind and my eyes ( they are .3333 on that trio of factors )

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think taking 1/3 @ The Trop may be our high ceiling.
Anything more than that would shock me.

Mathematically they are still very much alive, my gut instinct tells me they over played so much in the month of August that the baseball Gods are going to correct the win % with some numbers that will have them on the outside looking in come October.

I still 'Believe' ... but not with my heart and my mind and my eyes ( they are .3333 on that trio of factors )
I think getting Kelenic back will be a lift, but our bullpen is my concern, they’ve given up some leads late that have cost us a bit, hoping they figure that out… This series against Tampa is a big one, they’re a legit playoff team and we need to show we’re for real in this series, we did play um tough last time so hoping that happens again… 22 games left, 9 vs Texas and Hou closing out the season … This is still absolutely in reach!

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think getting Kelenic back will be a lift, but our bullpen is my concern, they’ve given up some leads late that have cost us a bit, hoping they figure that out… This series against Tampa is a big one, they’re a legit playoff team and we need to show we’re for real in this series, we did play um tough last time so hoping that happens again… 22 games left, 9 vs Texas and Hou closing out the season … This is still absolutely in reach!
Unless Kelenic starts off raking at the plate ... I just do not see what he brings to the table these final 3 weeks.

he is not a veteran - has near 0 post season experience and has shown he cannot control himself on the field ( or in the dugout )

But yes he can get hot and hit .300 the final few weeks and hit a few bombs and he does play a nice corner outfield and has plus speed on the bases ( IF he can get on )

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Kelenic starts off raking at the plate ... I just do not see what he brings to the table these final 3 weeks.

he is not a veteran - has near 0 post season experience and has shown he cannot control himself on the field ( or in the dugout )

But yes he can get hot and hit .300 the final few weeks and hit a few bombs and he does play a nice corner outfield and has plus speed on the bases ( IF he can get on )
Actually he did play in the playoffs last year, so he’s experienced it, and has improved since then…He was the one player that we really needed to show some growth and he did this year prior to his injury… I wasn’t really freaked out over the injury for a couple reasons, 1. He showed he cares about his performances, and 2. His reaction after the injury, he owned it and showed emotion over it… I have a good feeling about Kelenic, I think he can still be that guy we were hoping for when we gave up so much to get him …

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kelenic is the answer, what was the question?

He's missed too much time to expect him to come back hot. Sure, he had a good stretch of ball before he hurt himself, but he has way more of a history of being a head case than being a solid clutch player.

I'm not saying it takes a lot to replace Ford or Canzone, but expecting a big jump from JK seems a stretch.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is how they're going to round out the season, by choking every lead they get, then NO WAY do they deserve a playoff spot.

We'd look like idiots if we even managed SOMEHOW to get in.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is how they're going to round out the season, by choking every lead they get, then NO WAY do they deserve a playoff spot.

We'd look like idiots if we even managed SOMEHOW to get in.

They are sending a clear message to the rest of MLB that if you can hang around till the final few innings we ( The Mariners ) will choke away a lead and you can come back and win the game in the final inning or 2.

I think the team needs to roll with Topa in the 8th inning and Brash in the 9th.

Wish we had better options, but if I were skip that is what I roll with to give those 2 a shot to close out games.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden chance last night to gain a game but sucked again. Jays gained a game.
Yup

And Toronto just beat BOS in extras a moment ago.

Mariners need to start winning some games or it is slipping away quickly.
AND they need HOU TX and TOR to LOSE when they do manage to win a game.

I just get the feeling the season is slipping thru their fingers daily.

They are going to be faced with a do or die the last 10 games of the season.

basically go 8-2 over the 10 game stretch to have any legit shot at post season 2023

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup

And Toronto just beat BOS in extras a moment ago.

Mariners need to start winning some games or it is slipping away quickly.
AND they need HOU TX and TOR to LOSE when they do manage to win a game.

I just get the feeling the season is slipping thru their fingers daily.

They are going to be faced with a do or die the last 10 games of the season.

basically go 8-2 over the 10 game stretch to have any legit shot at post season 2023
Last nights game was mismanaged again and poor hitting. Nothing new.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last seven games. Two series at home.

Houston, we MIGHT be able to keep things close, but being in the funk we've been in since the change of months, I seriously doubt it.

There's a guy on YouTube I follow who compares this sort of scenario to the team punching the fans in the D...This year, it seems they've gone beyond that:

MarinersThlammed.png

if you know, you know.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty France has one homerun and 6 RBI in his last 34 games.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as well they gave up tonight. A fitting end is on the horizon.

Are you SURE they're not trying to move this team to OKC?