• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Kraken PLAYOFF thread!

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's THAT for a second-year franchise, ah?! Not only a record setting win differential from first season to second, but a wild card spot as well!

And how do we start things off in the postseason? By taking Game 1, 3-1, against the DEFENDING CHAMPION AVALANCHE!

I actually felt confident going into this series, since the Avs were down a couple of players, including their Captain.

In fact, it was a day where all four playoff games overall went to road teams, six out of eight road wins to start their series, first time in 20 years!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle seems super scrappy at the moment, it might be a reason they keep ahead of the Avs in this series...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team gets the lead and just kind of starts playing so conservative...

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team gets the lead and just kind of starts playing so conservative...
I HAVE noticed they tend to rest on their laurels for a while after a lead. Cost us some two-goal leads in most of the games in this series.

They have yet to learn you can't let up, not in a playoff picture.

Still, how about last night, ah?! Covering nicely for the loss of McCann? Stepping up in his absence? Taking advantage of Makar's suspension for that hit?

And to top that off last night, a surprise AHL player, Kartye coming in for the TYE BREAKER! Yes, I'm calling him that; the timing was PERFECT!

AND ONE WIN AWAY FROM TAKING THE SERIES!! This is getting good!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HAVE noticed they tend to rest on their laurels for a while after a lead. Cost us some two-goal leads in most of the games in this series.

They have yet to learn you can't let up, not in a playoff picture.

Still, how about last night, ah?! Covering nicely for the loss of McCann? Stepping up in his absence? Taking advantage of Makar's suspension for that hit?

And to top that off last night, a surprise AHL player, Kartye coming in for the TYE BREAKER! Yes, I'm calling him that; the timing was PERFECT!

AND ONE WIN AWAY FROM TAKING THE SERIES!! This is getting good!
Should be a good close to the series either way.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we anticipate Game 7 later tonight, we can also point out a couple of playoff rounds happening in other leagues:

Our AHL affiliate, the Coachella Valley Firebirds, are locked up, a win apiece, against the Colorado Eagles, who by no coincidence is the Avalanche's affiliate.

And then there's our Thunderbirds (WHL). They swept Kelowna and Prince George in the previous rounds and are facing the Kamloops Blazers. T-birds have already taken the first game, 5-1, last night, and will play game 2 around 4:05 PDT today.

This is fun, trying to keep up with all this!

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROUND TWO, HERE WE COME!!

We survived the Colorado series, all seven games of it, drawing first blood in each one!

Now we prepare for Dallas.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROUND TWO, HERE WE COME!!

We survived the Colorado series, all seven games of it, drawing first blood in each one!

Now we prepare for Dallas.

Hopefully Grabauer holds up... guy played his ass off last night.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Grabauer holds up... guy played his ass off last night.
Indeed. Gru just seemed more on top of his game this time around...and perhaps since the All-Star Break.

Remembering how Martin Jones was the better goalie, and they knew it, up to that ASB. Then they kinda switched roles.

Dingus

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is McCann is going to be back today. If that holds up, who do they scratch? kartye has played great, sucks to send him packing after he stepped up in McCann's absence.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they lost but I think this team learned a lot over this playoff run and will come back stronger next year.