• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So fox studio has Notre Dame out of the playoff

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N.D. outta the playoff.:pound:

Now that's some funny fake news.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every other team in the top 7 that is fighting for that last spot had a SoS above ND. All of them. So just stop it. It's not ND's fault FSU was entirely garbage, USC isn't even decent, Stanford was down by their typical standards, but that shit happens to everyone. That's why that last 'test' matters.

I'm not saying it should happen this year, but I'd like to see ND punished at some point and put an end to this nonsense. The days of the independants should be over. It's not 1950 anymore.

Stop playing FCS schools and Notre Dame will start playing a 13th game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. To answer your question, going into this weekend we played and beat 3 top 21 teams. This is to say nothing of the rankings of some teams when we played them.

Your argument is very odd, about which division of which conference we’d be comparable to, given we beat the division leader of two P5 conference opponents. (And if you allow for Mich’s claim that they were Co-division leaders, that makes 3.

Last. Fans of teams still playing FCS opponents don’t get to make this argument. Ever.
No, I'll make any statement I damned well please and couldn't give a flying fuck less how much you approve of it. Washington's schedule has ZERO to do with any of this. I wouldn't put Washington in if it was a 12 team playoff so my rooting interest isn't involved in this opinion in any way, shape, or form. It's a strawman distraction at best.

It's also funny that so many of your blind defenders want to use the FCS excuse as if somehow playing one early is related to having to play the second best team in your CONFERENCE the day before selection sunday is in any way the same thing. :L It really is a bad argument. Ohio State had to play one of the teams you want to claim on your resume YESTERDAY after 12 other games. Oky played a tough texas team YESTERDAY when teams are tired and fighting through injury at the end of the season. ND sat at home eating popcorn. Tell us how that relates to FCS games AT ALL. :pound: No one likes that teams play those. Well, at least outside of a few SEC homers anyway. It doesn't replace CCG's at all.

If I was in that committee room right now would I put ND in? Yeah I would. I said at some point I'd like to see ND punished. That doesn't necessarily have to be this year. So stop being so defensive.

The days of the indy should be over. That's not just my opinion, but broadly accepted by many across the sport. It was fine when titles were just votes and really didn't mean the same thing anyway. That time has past.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'll make any statement I damned well please and couldn't give a flying fuck less how much you approve of it. Washington's schedule has ZERO to do with any of this. I wouldn't put Washington in if it was a 12 team playoff so my rooting interest isn't involved in this opinion in any way, shape, or form. It's a strawman distraction at best.

It's also funny that so many of your blind defenders want to use the FCS excuse as if somehow playing one early is related to having to play the second best team in your CONFERENCE the day before selection sunday is in any way the same thing. :L It really is a bad argument. Ohio State had to play one of the teams you want to claim on your resume YESTERDAY after 12 other games. Oky played a tough texas team YESTERDAY when teams are tired and fighting through injury at the end of the season. ND sat at home eating popcorn. Tell us how that relates to FCS games AT ALL. :pound: No one likes that teams play those. Well, at least outside of a few SEC homers anyway. It doesn't replace CCG's at all.

If I was in that committee room right now would I put ND in? Yeah I would. I said at some point I'd like to see ND punished. That doesn't necessarily have to be this year. So stop being so defensive.

The days of the indy should be over. That's not just my opinion, but broadly accepted by many across the sport. It was fine when titles were just votes and really didn't mean the same thing anyway. That time has past.
Punished for what?

Again, your 13th game argument sucks when at least 1 of those is a glorified scrimmage.

Again. If ND had 1 loss, they’d be out of the conversation, period. And you know what, I would have been fine with that argument

Not one conference team had to deal with that. They all have the luxury of at least 1 mulligan.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop playing FCS schools and Notre Dame will start playing a 13th game.
There were at least 3 teams on ND's slate that are nearly as bad as playing an FCS school so again, this is utter and complete nonsense. ND's overall SoS was well below ALL of the others in the top 7 fighting for that 4th seed and ALL of the played a 13th game.

Also, teams playing FCS is relatively recent in origin. What was your excuse before that all started? :L

It's a bad argument that doesn't hold any water. ND's schedule would have been top shelf and solid had FSU, USC, and Stanford not all been down. And yet still they would have only played 12 and had one less game to risk injury and fatigue the way everyone else does in the sport.

Next.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punished for what?

Again, your 13th game argument sucks when at least 1 of those is a glorified scrimmage.

Again. If ND had 1 loss, they’d be out of the conversation, period. And you know what, I would have been fine with that argument

Not one conference team had to deal with that. They all have the luxury of at least 1 mulligan.
Think I've been pretty clear. I don't hate ND and as I said, their schedule would have been top 5 if 3 of the teams on that slate hadn't been uncharacteristically down. I just have the opinion that the days of the independants should be over. That's my opinion.

I treated the teams from the B12 the say way when they didn't have a CCG as well.

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND has been a god send money wise and exposure wise for the ACC. And not just in Football
Funny how he overlooked the 'reason' a small, private Catholic school remains Indy in football is that lucrative NBC TV contract. The author of that article made it sound like an afterthought, when that's the main reason - it's lucrative for the small Catholic school that spreads that money around to all if its renowned athletic program. Hell, I'd shudder to think where ND might be w/o that TV contract in light of all the other big money schemes the other P5ers come up with.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the guys on Fox for that one wrong