• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The Ohio State University @ Notre Dame

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Lou Holtz say Day was a bad coach?
I don't think he did.....but Day was sticking up for his players he said were not tough. Guess in a sense he said Day could not get them to play tough.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou Holtz said Day teams lose games when they come up against more physical opponents. Doesn't everybody? I'm not sure what the big deal is.
If you don't think Holtz was taking an unnecessary jab at Day and his players....one that isn't really even true that's cool.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying the Ohio state had a very good team without those guys. And had adequate backups to replace them. They damn near won the game without them. Not sure what's so kookie about that.
That just speaks for OSU's players stepping up and not exactly losing due to a lack of toughness. Might even make a case they are tough and can overcome adversity.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he did.....but Day was sticking up for his players he said were not tough. Guess in a sense he said Day could not get them to play tough.
I didn't hear Lou Holtz say day was not a good coach or that Ohio State's players did not play tough. I just heard him say something to the effect you could beat Ohio State by being more physical. And that's kind of a no-brainer in any football game.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think Holtz was taking an unnecessary jab at Day and his players....one that isn't really even true that's cool.
You could take what Lou Holtz said a number of ways if you want.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just speaks for OSU's players stepping up and not exactly losing due to a lack of toughness. Might even make a case they are tough and can overcome adversity.
No one said they weren't tough.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holtz is 87 years old. Day looks like a bitch for coming at an old man with rah rah pregame comments before a game. Here’s the real talk. OSU is not a tough team. Day wants them to be tough and this game and Holtz’s comments are now a motivating conduit to try and get them there.

And a pro tip: you don’t get to flex about toughness after the game when you’re an epic vagina who on 4th and 1 calls a jet sweep. Saturday night wasn’t about OSU being “tough”. It was about Notre Dame shitting the bed as they’ve often done time and time again over the last 35 years. Notre Dame blew the game. It wasn’t about OSU being “tough”.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear Lou Holtz say day was not a good coach or that Ohio State's players did not play tough. I just heard him say something to the effect you could beat Ohio State by being more physical. And that's kind of a no-brainer in any football game.
If you thought he was just making a general statement then that, too, is kooky talk.

But you do you.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you thought he was just making a general statement then that, too, is kooky talk.

But you do you.
He was cheerleading for Notre Dame like he always does.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holtz is 87 years old. Day looks like a bitch for coming at an old man with rah rah pregame comments before a game. Here’s the real talk. OSU is not a tough team. Day wants them to be tough and this game and Holtz’s comments are now a motivating conduit to try and get them there.

And a pro tip: you don’t get to flex about toughness after the game when you’re an epic vagina who on 4th and 1 calls a jet sweep. Saturday night wasn’t about OSU being “tough”. It was about Notre Dame shitting the bed as they’ve often done time and time again over the last 35 years. Notre Dame blew the game. It wasn’t about OSU being “tough”.
Cool.....but still came back and went for a run on 4th and 1 to win the game.

But you can be the tougher team with an L if it makes you feel better.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool.....but still came back and went for a run on 4th and 1 to win the game.
Bwahahaha! That’s what I’m talking about. ND fucked up and had 10 men on the field. They ran the ball right at the spot where the missing player would have been aligned.
But you can be the tougher team with an L if it makes you feel better.
Nah. I wish ND would stop giving away games when they’re the better team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwahahaha! That’s what I’m talking about. ND fucked up and had 10 men on the field. They ran the ball right at the spot where the missing player would have been aligned.

Nah. I wish ND would stop giving away games when they’re the better team.
OK, but you don't know that OSU does not still make it....but again in your fake world you can pretend it does if it helps you.

Can also pretend ND is better if you like. I'll take the W in a hostile environment.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but you don't know that OSU does not still make it....but again in your fake world you can pretend it does if it helps you.

Can also pretend ND is better if you like. I'll take the W in a hostile environment.
This is why I don’t talk football often with guys who never played. If you can’t see that Notre Dame outplayed OSU and made critical errors which cost them the game, I don’t know what to tell you.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“You can’t prove they wouldn’t have gotten it anyway.”

Bwahahaha! There were more blockers than defenders at the point of the attack on a one yard rush but that’s NOT why it happened. Typical DTGold with his “you can’t prove” fucking nonsense. Congrats on the big win. Your team is mediocre.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I don’t talk football often with guys who never played. If you can’t see that Notre Dame outplayed OSU and made critical errors which cost them the game, I don’t know what to tell you.
I always love when someone goes to the "you never played card" as you know it means they have nothing factual to support their argument and cannot refute what is being said.

In the games you coached was there something other than Ws and Ls they used to determine game results? as I said, if you want to make things up to take away the angst from the L then have at it.

Congrats on your win, Emoji Boy?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“You can’t prove they wouldn’t have gotten it anyway.”

Bwahahaha! There were more blockers than defenders at the point of the attack on a one yard rush but that’s NOT why it happened. Typical DTGold with his “you can’t prove” fucking nonsense. Congrats on the big win. Your team is mediocre.
Thanks...and congrats on your perceived "we have more talent"....uh.....what do you get for that?