• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skip Bayless Bows Down

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probs to Skip Bayless for manning up and admitting he was wrong. He didn't believe in the Seahawks, which I don't hold against him but he is a douchebag and for a d-bag like him to come clean really tells you something.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of ESPN's shows are hard to stomach. They really need some new blood on that network.

Not sure if it counts as a show but I always thought Mike and Mike were pretty interesting. As is Colin Cowherd IMO. Not saying any of them are vast beacons of knowledge but they are entertaining enough to listen to.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is a Seahawk board, so.....what do you expect?

:suds: Agreed. Sometimes I still forget that they show up on the general forum section and I don't check to see which forum they were posted in.

ESPN-ish of me.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, l think some here are giving skip too much credit, am pretty sure he is stupid, not a mad genius saying outlandish things for ratings.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it counts as a show but I always thought Mike and Mike were pretty interesting. As is Colin Cowherd IMO. Not saying any of them are vast beacons of knowledge but they are entertaining enough to listen to.

Mike and Mike are ok, but they both get on my nerves quickly. I used to like Colin Cowherd but then he started to turn into one of those guys where if your team wasn't Alabama, Ohio St, Miami Heat, etc, then your team doesn't matter in his eyes.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly I listen to sports radio on way to work or on my way home. Mostly I switch from one to the other depending on commerials. Damn, radio has so many commerials, that it's hard to to find a station that isn't running one. Mike and Mike has the most and the longest.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bayless for the last two years has dissed on Seattle many times,he also put Wilson below Luck,Kaep,Rg3 and lastly he does this psychology babble on his show and talks about Lebron James for hours and man loves the guy.
He has been trashing us since at least 2005. That year he said that we were the worst #1 seed in NFL history

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike and Mike are ok, but they both get on my nerves quickly. I used to like Colin Cowherd but then he started to turn into one of those guys where if your team wasn't Alabama, Ohio St, Miami Heat, etc, then your team doesn't matter in his eyes.

I don't listen to sports radio enough to really get annoyed by anyone on the radio. I just know who I can and cannot tolerate in short periods of time. Mike and Mike seem to be pretty decent, at least they seem more entertainment oriented than the pseudo analysts that ESPN trots out that hardly know a damn thing.

By focusing on Bama, Ohio St, Heat etc. he is just catering towards the larger markets. Unfortunately for fans of non-elite teams, unless you're at the top of your sport or have Tim Tebow you're not going to get much airtime.

It is all about revenue, not blanket coverage.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a national radio show, you have to expect blatant big market favoritism and front-running, as well as occasional controversy, because it gets ratings. My favorite national show, even though I'm almost never up early enough to listen to it, is Mike & Mike. Greeny obsesses over the Jets and Golic obsesses over Notre Dame, but they both have legitimate reasons for doing so, so it's difficult to call it big market favoritism.