• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Rams Trade for Philips Rivers?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what we might need to have is a few different more specific sticky threads where negativity is allowed. For example, we could have one for roster issues, one for draft issues, one for season talk, one for trade talk, one for misc. issues, etc...I think you know what I mean. Issues like this could be hashed out in the trade talk thread where anyone could say whatever they wanted. Just an idea, but I think it would help with alot of the problems people are having.
Thanks LTR!

Retroram and I have been working a few similar ideas...

Stay tuned!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To obj81. Name-calling whether implied or direct is strictly forbidden on this board. Implying that someone is a dumbass is the same as calling them one or using condescending terms like you used with smed like "don't worry your little head" is the beginnings of troll behavior which we do not permit here either. Smed is a respected member of this board and I for one will not tolerate this behavior here.

If you understand what has been presented to you by Vitamike then you'll be permitted to stay and converse. If not, I'll be back to remove you only if you continue in this behavior and ignore his advice. As Vitamike has stated, team boards are safe sanctuaries not to be taken lightly at least not on this one.

For everyone else, starting multiple sticky threads for negativity would get redundant and massive when it appears that many have not taken advantage of the one Master negativity thread we already have in place IMO. If you use the Master thread to its fullest, the need for negativity threads for other topics appears to be redundant, but as Vita has stated, we are working through ideas.

Also, if you don't already get this, there are ways to argue through word usage and sentence construction that gets your point across aggressively without reverting to covert or overt negativity. Many of you have adapted nicely to this style and it has made my job easier and it has created a very nice atmosphere to be passionate fans but respectful of each other which is what Vita and I have been working to accomplish. Continue on and I am proud to be a Rams fan because of many of you.

To Davis_Mike. I am sorry you feel that way but we protect our sanctuary Rams board vigorously and we all voted on these rules to accomplish that. You are welcome here if you play by the rules and T.O.P of SportsHoopla. If you still consider our methods over-the-top, that is your perspective and we can all respect that.

Also, I'll be setting up a draft thread here shortly and it will have privileges similar to the Master Negativity thread so that you can focus on draft topics without going back and forth. There will be a few other rules but I'll set this up probably Tuesday-Wednesday of this week. Vitamike will most likely be doing the bulk of moderation there. As you have all witnessed, Vitamike is an exceptional talent in moderating and I am thankful to have him on-board as a co-mod!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but I must have missed this so called vote.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dontchoo worry your little head, Rivers is gonna lead your Rams to a lot of wins

Again, shows how little you know about our team, Rivers can't lead us to any wins, he is not, and will not be our QB!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To obj81. Name-calling whether implied or direct is strictly forbidden on this board. Implying that someone is a dumbass is the same as calling them one or using condescending terms like you used with smed like "don't worry your little head" is the beginnings of troll behavior which we do not permit here either. Smed is a respected member of this board and I for one will not tolerate this behavior here.

If you understand what has been presented to you by Vitamike then you'll be permitted to stay and converse. If not, I'll be back to remove you only if you continue in this behavior and ignore his advice. As Vitamike has stated, team boards are safe sanctuaries not to be taken lightly at least not on this one.

For everyone else, starting multiple sticky threads for negativity would get redundant and massive when it appears that many have not taken advantage of the one Master negativity thread we already have in place IMO. If you use the Master thread to its fullest, the need for negativity threads for other topics appears to be redundant, but as Vita has stated, we are working through ideas.

Also, if you don't already get this, there are ways to argue through word usage and sentence construction that gets your point across aggressively without reverting to covert or overt negativity. Many of you have adapted nicely to this style and it has made my job easier and it has created a very nice atmosphere to be passionate fans but respectful of each other which is what Vita and I have been working to accomplish. Continue on and I am proud to be a Rams fan because of many of you.

To Davis_Mike. I am sorry you feel that way but we protect our sanctuary Rams board vigorously and we all voted on these rules to accomplish that. You are welcome here if you play by the rules and T.O.P of SportsHoopla. If you still consider our methods over-the-top, that is your perspective and we can all respect that.

Also, I'll be setting up a draft thread here shortly and it will have privileges similar to the Master Negativity thread so that you can focus on draft topics without going back and forth. There will be a few other rules but I'll set this up probably Tuesday-Wednesday of this week. Vitamike will most likely be doing the bulk of moderation there. As you have all witnessed, Vitamike is an exceptional talent in moderating and I am thankful to have him on-board as a co-mod!

you seriously need to get over yourself. Its a message board for Godsakes. I'm not here trying to "troll" or ruin anyone's day, my comments are harmless.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you seriously need to get over yourself. Its a message board for Godsakes. I'm not here trying to "troll" or ruin anyone's day, my comments are harmless.
Hashing these things out in an open forum rarely turns out well.

Hence the other advice I made in my original post to you regarding a PM to discuss.

Like I've already said, if you are here and are just initially misunderstood than it's, no harm no foul but all team boards get SportsHoopla members that troll and that just wont fly here. (Oh and that is how it usually starts, minor digs)

If you would like to discuss football here, there are many with a love and deep understanding of the game on the Rams Boards.

To be honest however you are not off to the best of starts with a couple of digs to SJ76 & Smed and then to get somewhat confrontational with both the Rams mods in Retroram52 & myself certainly does not bode well for your comments as 'harmless'.

If you have something to say here in this thread, how about you get back to topic?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Rams do well this season, regardless of who ends up your starting qb

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks!

I don't personally put a lot of weight in forming opinions on topics like this from the rumor mill. But I prefer the Rams stay put.

To go back to your original thought of taking Rivers over Foles is simply not an even swap.

And to your other point of those evaluating Rivers poorly because he has never won a Super Bowl maybe that is not the emphasis.

I see that Rivers is 4-5 in the post season in 5 post seasons of work. He has 11 TD's, 9 INT's, 60.3 completion percentage and 240 passing yards per game.

To me, considering his defense gave up more than 24 points in only one of those 9 post season games, his post season record should be much better.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obj81. Don't ever tell me to do what you just did. Right now, my opinion of you has dropped significantly and I am not budging any further. You want to test me go right ahead. You are not going to like the consequences.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retro, the only reason I mentioned multiple negativity/sticky threads is that the current negativity thread can be a bit awkward when multiple non-related conversations are going on at once. Nice to hear you guys will be changing some things up for the better :2cents: :thumb:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ojb81, I think part of the problem is that you are new to our board. You are probably unfamiliar with your team not being very good. The Rams have struggled for years and it has gotten to the point where there was a ton of negativity on here. I will include myself, I was relentless in my shredding of Sammie Bradford, alot of that had to do with a certain someone on here that constantly tried to tell us how great he was, so of course I had to rip him!

But that doesn't make for a very enjoyable board, way to much negativity, but like I said we haven't had that much to be positive about! So Retro created the negativity thread, so if we want to bash someone we can do it in there and if you don't care to read about the negative stuff you don't have to go into that thread.

Now I will agree there are some posts that aren't meant to be negative or people still take it the wrong way, but at the same time we can't let those slide, because once you do that, more things start to slide and we are right back where we were. So to avoid the problems, even the smallest hint of negativity is being snuffed before it snowballs, or someone says well he got away with that, why can't I get away with this?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would make sense only if they hadn't acquired Foles.

...and if they had the cap room to make the deal work.

...and if the Rams weren't intended to move to LA, where Rivers doesn't want to raise his family.

...and if St. Louis was a place Rivers wanted to raise his family.

...and if San Diego's intention wasn't to move up and draft Mariota with the spoils of a Rivers trade.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obj81. Don't ever tell me to do what you just did. Right now, my opinion of you has dropped significantly and I am not budging any further. You want to test me go right ahead. You are not going to like the consequences.

What?? Are you drunk or something?? High?

Consequences?? You about to beat me up? I dont give a toss what your opinion of me is; dont take yourself so seriously, life's too short.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and if they had the cap room to make the deal work.

...and if the Rams weren't intended to move to LA, where Rivers doesn't want to raise his family.

...and if St. Louis was a place Rivers wanted to raise his family.

...and if San Diego's intention wasn't to move up and draft Mariota with the spoils of a Rivers trade.

A team would find a way to make cap room for a QB like Rivers IF he wanted to come here and that would be the main hurdle.

I don't think we know the Chargers intention. They very well could want Foles over Mariota. Like I said less of a risk factor with Foles.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is how you guys are going to run your board, this will be my last post on this board. I have nothing against anyone here but I am a little dismayed about how you regulate conversations. In my opinion, it's a little over the top.

See you guys around.

Go to the Nebraska board and check it out.. :D

The rules are the same for all of us. Some of us are trying a bit more positive approach. It's been Negative nancy on here for years - mostly due to our Rams lack of everything.

No harm man. Like I said, we all are trying to have a discussion here and have the same rules.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug.. as far as Rivers decline... It's coming. That's the point! Sure he has ripped up defenses and throw all over the place.

Go look at his playoff record. Go look at some of the losses and timely INTs that = GAME OVER and go look at his age. Then go look at the salary, which really makes this convo pointless.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug.. as far as Rivers decline... It's coming. That's the point! Sure he has ripped up defenses and throw all over the place.

Go look at his playoff record. Go look at some of the losses and timely INTs that = GAME OVER and go look at his age. Then go look at the salary, which really makes this convo pointless.

His decline is coming when? 5 years from now? We don't know when but he's only 33 and has shown no evidence of slowing down. I don't know if I would write him off just because he hasn't been perfect in the playoffs. Didn't Manning have a rough time untill he finally won the big one. I'm sure there are many great QB's who have struggled in the playoffs. I just think they could find a way to make his salary work if they had too. I know it's not going to happen but if he wanted to come here I'm sure the Rams would make it happen in a heart beat.