• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should The NCAA Form a Separate Sub-Division For G5 Conferences?

Should G5 Teams Have Their Own Sub-Division?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are fine examples of a strong SOS. These teams play other teams in the Big Ten, Big 12, Pac 12, ACC and SEC.
Hell, even Nebraska would have been bowl eligible if they could have played that lame-ass schedule UCF had.

I have my doubts about being bowl eligible. No way they would have gone undefeated.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Fresno St 28 Boise St 17 (regular season)
Boise St 17 Fresno St 14 (CCG) Winner Flipped

Auburn 40 Georgia 17 (regular season)
Georgia 28 Auburn 7 (CCG) Winner Flipped

UCF 40 Memphis 13 (regular season)
UCF 62 Memphis 55 (CCG) 20 pts closer.

Toledo 48 Akron 21 (regular season)
Toledo 45 Akron 28 (CCG) 10 pts closer

FAU 69 N. Texas 31 (regular season)
FAU 41 N. Texas 17 (CCG) 14 pts closer

PAC 12 USC/Stanford did not play regular season.
Big 10 OSU/Wisconsin did not play regular season.
ACC Clemson/Miami did not play regular season.
Sun Belt (No CCG)

Oklahoma 38 TCU 20 (regular season)
Oklahoma 41 TCU 17 (CCG) OU gained 6 pts.

So the Big 12 was the only rematch where the first time winner exceeded their first win.

Every other rematch the first time loser picked up double digits in the re-match.

Did you just give 2 cases out of 6 rematches that had a different result as your argument?

As I said pages ago - the better team is the one that usually wins.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just give 2 cases out of 6 rematches that had a different result as your argument?

As I said pages ago - the better team is the one that usually wins.

No. I gave 5 that had different results. By double digits.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that #s 1 & 2 will be Georgia and Alabama(either order) what does the rest of the Top 10 look like? If you move Oklahoma or Clemson below OSU, an argument can be made that the Committee didn't have the 4 best teams.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that #s 1 & 2 will be Georgia and Alabama(either order) what does the rest of the Top 10 look like? If you move Oklahoma or Clemson below OSU, an argument can be made that the Committee didn't have the 4 best teams.

The committee doesn't make rankings.

And no, you can't go back with new information and claim that the previous rankings should have been different. What it actually says is - voters have knee jerk reactions to the bowl games.

USC finished #3 last year, what a joke.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee doesn't make rankings.

And no, you can't go back with new information and claim that the previous rankings should have been different. What it actually says is - voters have knee jerk reactions to the bowl games.

The CFP made rankings since November. The rankings changed weekly. Every week then they said that the previous ranking was wrong. Maybe incorrect would be a better term.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CFP made rankings since November. The rankings changed weekly. Every week then they said that the previous ranking was wrong. Maybe incorrect would be a better term.

I meant they don't make rankings after the playoffs.

It's not incorrect any week, it's updated based on new information.

What else would you expect exactly?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But just like the BCS...they don't have a final ranking after everything is all over.

And for good reason.

Could you imagine if they put Ohio State above Clemson or Oklahoma? Or Whisky?
Then folks would question..."Why didn't you rank them higher before the playoffs began.

The AP and the Coaches will make the final rankings. Thus it won't be something that
can be compared to the pre-playoff rankings.

They'll put UCF in the Top 10. They really won't be able to keep them out.

Whisky won't finish over Clemson. I don't know where they will finish but it won't
be over Clemson. Ohio St/Oklahoma is gonna be interesting as to where they finish.
If Bama wins...Then OSU might edge OU for 4th. If UGA wins...I think OU finishes
above Ohio State.

Honestly...The final four will probably remain the top 4, just arranged differently.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant they don't make rankings after the playoffs.

It's not incorrect any week, it's updated based on new information.

What else would you expect exactly?

Not expectations, just an observation.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But just like the BCS...they don't have a final ranking after everything is all over.

And for good reason.

Could you imagine if they put Ohio State above Clemson or Oklahoma? Or Whisky?
Then folks would question..."Why didn't you rank them higher before the playoffs began.

The AP and the Coaches will make the final rankings. Thus it won't be something that
can be compared to the pre-playoff rankings.

They'll put UCF in the Top 10. They really won't be able to keep them out.

Whisky won't finish over Clemson. I don't know where they will finish but it won't
be over Clemson. Ohio St/Oklahoma is gonna be interesting as to where they finish.
If Bama wins...Then OSU might edge OU for 4th. If UGA wins...I think OU finishes
above Ohio State.

Honestly...The final four will probably remain the top 4, just arranged differently.

Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't really matter. Each fan base will measure the success if their team their own way. For me, Wisconsin finishing 13-1 will be ranked extremely satisfied.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't really matter. Each fan base will measure the success if their team their own way. For me, Wisconsin finishing 13-1 will be ranked extremely satisfied.

I don't blame you. There is nothing wrong with 13-1.

I remember watching a Wisconsin game on the tube before Alvarez had come on campus.
They were horrible in those days. But what I remember was a sign held up by students that
read..."If you think this is bad...wait till basketball season." They weren't very good
in that either.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw...

Back to the thread topic.

I think they should have 4 sub-divisions of Div I football. Half the ballclubs in 1-AA
don't belong on the same field as the upper half of that group.

I'd put the Big Sky, The OVC, Southland, MVC, Colonial and Southern in one pairing
and then Put the Ivy, Big South, Pioneer, Northeast, MEAC, SWAC and Patriot in another
group.

You could have 1-A, (65 teams) 1-AA (65 teams) 1-AAA (65 teams) 1-AAAA (59 teams).

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my doubts about being bowl eligible. No way they would have gone undefeated.

I think it’s safe to say Nebraska would have lost several games against that schedule with the team they fielded. And it’s speculative because they didn’t play but UCF would have likely smashed Nebraska like pretty much any other top ranked team would have which is what UCF will be when the final rankings come out. Help is on the way. Scott Frost should turn it around.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Sun Belt (No CCG)

So the Big 12 was the only rematch where the first time winner exceeded their first win.

Every other rematch the first time loser picked up double digits in the re-match.

Great, that was this year...do you think every other year is exactly the same or do you think I pulled the 23-14 number out of my ass?

Fresno Boise was a coin flip both times. Toledo and FAU and Oklahoma won convincingly both times. arguing that 69-31 was better than 41-17 is semantics.

The only two that were significant were the UCF game and the Auburn game.

Luckily for UCF it played all of it's tough AAC games including the Championship Game in the friendly confines of their home stadium.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, that was this year...do you think every other year is exactly the same or do you think I pulled the 23-14 number out of my ass?

Fresno Boise was a coin flip both times. Toledo and FAU and Oklahoma won convincingly both times. arguing that 69-31 was better than 41-17 is semantics.

The only two that were significant were the UCF game and the Auburn game.

Luckily for UCF it played all of it's tough AAC games including the Championship Game in the friendly confines of their home stadium.
Here is the problem going forth: Alabama is always in with one loss regardless of playing Arkansas State and Citadel (as they will next year) not having to win their division. An undefeated Conference Champion will be left out even if there are three of them as the SEC will also get an auto bid for it champion. This current situation has nothing to do with who is the best to earn a spot in the playoff ,it is the subjective (although bias)_ decision of the committee. It however should be based on who deserves to go.
Had Alabama not lost to Auburn then either Alabama or Georgia would not be in. By not winning their conference they guaranteed themselves a spot.
Which is why I will not be watching but hoping for a Georgia win.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Sun Belt (No CCG)

USC and Stanford played twice.

USC won the first game 42-24
USC won the rematch 31-28

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC and Stanford played twice.

USC won the first game 42-24
USC won the rematch 31-28

Thanks for the correction and it once again supports my statement that a rematch typically benefits the first time loser in game planning.

A 15 point swing there, from an 18 point win to just a 3 point win.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the problem going forth: Alabama is always in with one loss regardless of playing Arkansas State and Citadel (as they will next year) not having to win their division. An undefeated Conference Champion will be left out even if there are three of them as the SEC will also get an auto bid for it champion. This current situation has nothing to do with who is the best to earn a spot in the playoff ,it is the subjective (although bias)_ decision of the committee. It however should be based on who deserves to go.
Had Alabama not lost to Auburn then either Alabama or Georgia would not be in. By not winning their conference they guaranteed themselves a spot.
Which is why I will not be watching but hoping for a Georgia win.

But a Clemson team that we just throttled is ok for you....gotcha.

As for our OOC slate next year, Arkansas State and ULL are every bit as good as Western Kentucky, BYU or New Mexico. We also have Louisville to counter The Citadel. A month long January Avi bet says our SOS next year is higher than Wisconsin.

As for Alabama always getting in...that is the benefit of winning 4 of the last 8...when Wisconsin wins 4 of 8(LOL), I'm sure they will reap the same benefit. and lol at your assertion that 3 undefeated conference champions would be left out to let us in....all you had to do was win this year to prove that one false. Thanks, BTW.