• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Cousins Request A Trade

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if I was Cousins, I would want a trade and it would be either Karl leaves or I leave. I personally don't work for people that don't like me or dislikes my work to that point. Even if the Sacramento Kings were to dump Karl - the team is a mess. When you have a coach who dislikes the main player that much and he hasn't been fired - some one is confused and I think Cousins would be better served to trade him.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite how much of a mess the Kings have been for years, the FO has put them in a better position to win and maybe make the playoffs this year than any other since Cousins was drafted(obviously not saying much). I wouldn't blame him if he did want a trade and I know his time with Karl hasn't been great, but I think he should just ride with the team this year and see what happens. If they blow up by midway through the season like many people expect, then he should demand to be traded and they should do it before he leaves and they get nothing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite how much of a mess the Kings have been for years, the FO has put them in a better position to win and maybe make the playoffs this year than any other since Cousins was drafted(obviously not saying much). I wouldn't blame him if he did want a trade and I know his time with Karl hasn't been great, but I think he should just ride with the team this year and see what happens. If they blow up by midway through the season like many people expect, then he should demand to be traded and they should do it before he leaves and they get nothing.

I think I would be tempted to try to get a group of young players that would mature at that the same time. I think the one thing that has made Golden State champions is that Klay Thompson and Stephan Curry grew up together and they then had their dynamic duo

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yea. Why would I play for a coach that doesn't want me in his team.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yea. Why would I play for a coach that doesn't want me in his team.
That's the way I would see it, but Kobe played for Phil even after he asked the Lakers to trade him. The only thing about that is I'm not sure Kobe knew about it at the time.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing a coach because of a player sets a bad example. No player should be above the coach and front office.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would be tempted to try to get a group of young players that would mature at that the same time. I think the one thing that has made Golden State champions is that Klay Thompson and Stephan Curry grew up together and they then had their dynamic duo
They tried that with drafting guys, but the moves and players drafted didn't work out. They drafted JT, Evans, Boogie, IT who are all solid players to potential superstars(boogie). But then they took Jimmer over Kawhi and Klay and TRob over Lillard. Just imagine a big 3 of Lillard, Klay, and Cousins(with IT off the bench)....2 great shooters and a dominant big who is a good enough passer to make teams pay when they try to double. But it didn't happen because the Kings...well they pulled a Kings. If this last attempt to keep DMC happy and make the playoffs this year or next doesn't work out then they'll definitely have to trade him and get some value back.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should the nba say they need to close the suns down because they dnt matter

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the way I would see it, but Kobe played for Phil even after he asked the Lakers to trade him. The only thing about that is I'm not sure Kobe knew about it at the time.

Probably because Phil wasn't the reason Kobe asked to be traded. He asked for the trade to force the Lakers to upgrade the roster. Then Bynum started playing well and they made the trade for Pau.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should, trading Cousins might allow the Kings to improve their roster as well.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing a coach because of a player sets a bad example. No player should be above the coach and front office.

Yes, but firing a coach because he's undermining what you're trying to do as an organization is totally warranted. Karl upon signing there gave every indication to management that he would stay away from personnel decisions. He kind of threw that all out the window telling everyone he wanted Cousins gone.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because Phil wasn't the reason Kobe asked to be traded. He asked for the trade to force the Lakers to upgrade the roster. Then Bynum started playing well and they made the trade for Pau.
That happened something like two years after, but during the Lakers first run - Phil Jackson wanted rid of Kobe and wanted Jason Kid. The Lakers balked and resigned Kobe and traded Shaq and Phil left. Then Phil came back and I seriously doubt Kobe knew about it when Phil asked for the trade. Either way - if you're a coach demanding the star player is shoved out the door - you're going to lose every time.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ship has sailed.

Unless.... they are willing to give him away.

Why part with real assets when the Kings will be desperate if this toxic experiment of theirs fails?