• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac/Zap A Problem or No??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before any of you go berserk, this is a question that's being discussed at length in the Boston media.

Greg Bedard, Boston Sports Journal. "Was watching the game from the upper level through binoculars. At least thirty times, I looked at Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe. Not once during the entire game did they speak, sit together or even look at each other."

Mike Giardi. SI. When this was first mentioned, I ignored it. Then I started watching for interaction at practice. There was/is none. When BOB speaks to either, the other is never in the conversation. There seems to be a dramatic dislike between Mac and Zappe."

Tom Giles, NBC Sports Boston. "It's become apparent that there is a very "icy" relationship between Mac and Zappe. One has to question Mac's attitude toward others. Last year he had problems with Belichick, Patricia and Judge. He and Belichick have made it clear that they have made an attempt to try to heal that wound. This year, Mac's cold shoulder has been directed at Zappe. Competition is always in everyone's mind at camp. Outward dislike is a whole different aspect."

Mike Felger, NBC Sports Boston. "Bailey Zappe is very much like Jimmy Garappollo with Bill Belichick. Brady handled the JG situation from 2014-2017 by stepping up his game and winning three Super Bowls. Bill was forced to trade JG and watch TB walk away. Mac and Bill haven't had the best relationship over Mac's first three years and Zappe has seemingly been Bill's favorite. Mac hasn't been TB and Kraft doesn't seem to have the same affection for Mac that he did for TB. If Mac doesn't have a good year in 2023, Kraft will not come to his rescue if decides not to pick up his $36M 5th year option or trade him.

During this discussion, at least twenty practice and game clips of the two QBs being near each other or walking by each other were shown. Of course, they supported this argument.

If this is true and there is a personal dislike between Mac and Zap, does this create split sides in the locker room? Does it put Malik Cunningham suddenly on BB's chess board??

Call it bullshit. Call it anything you want. From everything they've shown, and Mac and Zap being asked directly, there does appear to be a chasm.

IMO, I think it will create some outstanding competition and hopefully bring out the best in Mac when he gets on the field against the Packers.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Macs job Zap has to except that. A lot of people some here others on diffrent platforms got all caught up with Zappe last year, the media included. Bottom line they do not have to like on another they both have to do what they are paid to do, whether that is handing the ball off or holding the clip board.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I have thought Mac was an ass but that's ok as long as he can win games.
Same as other sports when a hated rival comes on your team and suddenly they are great.
Mac can damn sure handle his emotions better. Last year he took some hard judegment but after the season some veterans sort of stood up for him. We all know BB screwed the pooch last year and Mac being the QB took the heat.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point being, if they cannot converse or talk with each other, then success is much more difficult.

If they can't sit together during a game and offer each other ideas and opinions about what is working and is not, the team is doomed to fail through twisted egos.

You can defend either, both are wrong not to at least attempt to bridge their differences.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point being, if they cannot converse or talk with each other, then success is much more difficult.

If they can't sit together during a game and offer each other ideas and opinions about what is working and is not, the team is doomed to fail through twisted egos.

You can defend either, both are wrong not to at least attempt to bridge their differences.
I think saying they don't talk is blowing it way out of proportion. You paint the picture of these two in the QB room watching film for gameday and giving each other the silent treatment. Guarantee that shit aint happening. They may not be at the campfire, holding hands and singing Kumbaya, but they are communicating. This is more of the media turning minnows into whales and people of your ilk buying into it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before any of you go berserk, this is a question that's being discussed at length in the Boston media.

Greg Bedard, Boston Sports Journal. "Was watching the game from the upper level through binoculars. At least thirty times, I looked at Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe. Not once during the entire game did they speak, sit together or even look at each other."

Mike Giardi. SI. When this was first mentioned, I ignored it. Then I started watching for interaction at practice. There was/is none. When BOB speaks to either, the other is never in the conversation. There seems to be a dramatic dislike between Mac and Zappe."

Tom Giles, NBC Sports Boston. "It's become apparent that there is a very "icy" relationship between Mac and Zappe. One has to question Mac's attitude toward others. Last year he had problems with Belichick, Patricia and Judge. He and Belichick have made it clear that they have made an attempt to try to heal that wound. This year, Mac's cold shoulder has been directed at Zappe. Competition is always in everyone's mind at camp. Outward dislike is a whole different aspect."

Mike Felger, NBC Sports Boston. "Bailey Zappe is very much like Jimmy Garappollo with Bill Belichick. Brady handled the JG situation from 2014-2017 by stepping up his game and winning three Super Bowls. Bill was forced to trade JG and watch TB walk away. Mac and Bill haven't had the best relationship over Mac's first three years and Zappe has seemingly been Bill's favorite. Mac hasn't been TB and Kraft doesn't seem to have the same affection for Mac that he did for TB. If Mac doesn't have a good year in 2023, Kraft will not come to his rescue if decides not to pick up his $36M 5th year option or trade him.

During this discussion, at least twenty practice and game clips of the two QBs being near each other or walking by each other were shown. Of course, they supported this argument.

If this is true and there is a personal dislike between Mac and Zap, does this create split sides in the locker room? Does it put Malik Cunningham suddenly on BB's chess board??

Call it bullshit. Call it anything you want. From everything they've shown, and Mac and Zap being asked directly, there does appear to be a chasm.

IMO, I think it will create some outstanding competition and hopefully bring out the best in Mac when he gets on the field against the Packers.

We want our players to have a competitive fire, then criticize the way it presents itself?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is more of the media turning minnows into whales and people of your ilk buying into it.

People of my ilk????

I appreciate your insults.

Sorry if I offended your superior knowledge of the subject. I forgot that you attend all of the team meetings.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Macs job Zap has to except that.

"Oh, There you go. Way to compete, way to compete." - Bill Belichick

No backup should ever be content with being the backup and just accept it. Zappe is competing for the starting job which he should. Not saying he'll get it, but he has to compete for it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People of my ilk????

I appreciate your insults.

Sorry if I offended your superior knowledge of the subject. I forgot that you attend all of the team meetings.
It's not an insult there are people that mostly by into the media hype hook line and sinker, you tend to do that. It's not an insult it's an observation of how you typically react.

And as for the snarky comments, honestly if you are that offended you need to ask if I am the problem or if you are the problem

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my experience, all pros are arrogant assholes. They all want to be the best and they "deserve" loyalty.
Back in my day, yes, I was an arrogant asshole!
That never prevented me from learning from my competition - whether we got along or what!
They are pros and have risen to the top. Use good judgement when you judge them!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my experience, all pros are arrogant assholes. They all want to be the best and they "deserve" loyalty.
Back in my day, yes, I was an arrogant asshole!
That never prevented me from learning from my competition - whether we got along or what!
They are pros and have risen to the top. Use good judgement when you judge them!
I feel today's Pros have to play the game, and their agents tell them to play the game. There is no loyalty from the NFL, The Teams, The Owners etc. So fuck yeah make you case known, state your opinion play the game position yourself to get as much as you can from those rich assholes you are putting your body on the line and they don't really give a shit about that

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brady (rightfully so) took Bledsoe's job. But at that point in time Bledsoe was VERY professional and did everything he could to support the team and Brady.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will zap even be on the roster or do they carry 3 QBs?:suds:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that neither of them are a top-20 QB.