• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac Vs Zap: The Controversy Has Begun

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING NEWS! An apology!

I read this on Reddit a couple days ago. That's some funny shit right there.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of the "Experts" were questioning is. It seemed to me most fans here realized BB drafted for team need this year and not just best player available. That boggles the mind of guys like Kiper
Good point.

A lot of these annual draftnik get their undies all in a bind when teams don't follow their predictions. They generally hit on the firstbfew and then someone sidesteps and the draft prognosticators start looking like idiots. It's always annual question mark when the Patriots select whether it be #15 or #51. As close as we watch this team, we can never be sure what Bill is thinking or what he sees as the greatest need maybe not for now but a year or two from now.

Annually, we all get pissed off because he didn't pick our favorite guy or someone we think he should have taken in the fourth round.

With six of nine picks playing last week, his C- draft has been upgraded to A- by the experts who crapped on it back in April and May. Especially the about the secondary picks.

Is the Secondary going to become "Keeping up with the Jones"? Johnathan, Marcus, Jack

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who falls for the news hoaxes should be fired. It proves they react to a bias and not objectively vet their information.

To be honest, that bullshit probably generated millions of clicks on articles that were selling advertisements. His boss is probably happy with him. Who cares about integrity and honesty and destroying a persons reputation when you can sell ads?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always say if it reads,

From _______________ sources

Ignore it
Yep, after many years in or in relations with the media, I honestly say fuck ‘em in general. They create make-believe stories that people click. The good news is that search engines are smart enough to filter the BS.

Soon enough, media companies that do that, will drop in ranking.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Item being discussed in detail on Felger & Mazz 98.5 . It's also simucast daily in the Boston area and I get it here on Channel 630 on DirecTV.

Seems over the past 12-16 that something has boiled over in Foxboro.

Apparently Judge and Patricia were sending in plays to Mac that were not working. Hence, they screwed him.

In comes Zappe and the plays change and Zap scores two TDs in four minutes.

Bill comes out on Wednesday and says Mac will start against the Jets.

Word is that Bill was pissed at both of his offensive directors. Now there are two sides to every story and one side says that Mac was screwed and the other side says that Mac screwed himself.

I think that Mac better move that team on Sunday on the first series and have a shit load of audibles up his sleeve if he's the one that accused Matt and Joe of screwing him. If he comes out like he did against the Bears, it's 100% on him.

Like most of the stuff that comes out of the media in Boston, it's all probably 50-60% bullshit. But then there is that 40-50% truth.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Item being discussed in detail on Felger & Mazz 98.5 . It's also simucast daily in the Boston area and I get it here on Channel 630 on DirecTV.

Apparently Judge and Patricia were sending in plays to Mac that were not working. Hence, they screwed him.

Word is that Bill was pissed at both of his offensive directors. Now there are two sides to every story and one side says that Mac was screwed and the other side says that Mac screwed himself.

I think that Mac better move that team on Sunday on the first series and have a shit load of audibles up his sleeve if he's the one that accused Matt and Joe of screwing him. If he comes out like he did against the Bears, it's 100% on him.

Like most of the stuff that comes out of the media in Boston, it's all probably 50-60% bullshit. But then there is that 40-50% truth.

This is so fucking stupid. None of this is even remotely accurate.

Why the fuck would anybody be this stupid?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, after many years in or in relations with the media, I honestly say fuck ‘em in general. They create make-believe stories that people click. The good news is that search engines are smart enough to filter the BS.

Soon enough, media companies that do that, will drop in ranking.

TBH, in hindsight although many of us said it before the Bears game, the best move would have been to play Zappe all game, and given Mac another week to “heal.” Then, start Mac against the Jets this weekend.

BB’s excuse to the media for not doing that was bullshit. He knows it, we know it, everybody knows it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, in hindsight although many of us said it before the Bears game, the best move would have been to play Zappe all game, and given Mac another week to “heal.” Then, start Mac against the Jets this weekend.

BB’s excuse to the media for not doing that was bullshit. He knows it, we know it, everybody knows it.
He wasn't giving an excuse, he was just feeding the media bullshit, and ye he knew it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again this is just people talking IMO, b/c what you just implied was that two coaches intentionally positioned the team to fail! Does that really sound viable to anyone? And if so why the hell would BB not fire them on the spot? Sounds more like media fodder than fact IMO.

I ask this now does anyone feel Matty P should now be the teams official Ravioli taster?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated is doubling down. Today he writes that a certain segment of the team does not have faith in Mac as much as they do in Zappe. The short pieces of film at Patriots' practice seen to bear out that Mac looks like he's going through the motions while Zappe appears to be talking and to or at the WRs. Very short clips and they certainly don't tell any real story. Media uses what they can to support their point of view.

He also said that BB has drafted QBs in the past for different reasons, but Breer thinks that Zappe surpassed what was expected and now the "backup" has stepped into the sunlight. He did ask a very interesting question. If Hoyer had not been hurt and the Patriots had won two in a row with Hoyer at the helm, would there be as much wild talk and speculation about Hoyer starting or not??

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so fucking stupid. None of this is even remotely accurate.

Why the fuck would anybody be this stupid?
Would you believe the rocket scientist would blackball one of the top performing wide receivers from last year because of perceived slight?

Yes? No? I never heard anybody say no way that would happen when that rumor was floated around.

But you won't believe Fat Fucker would do it to a QB because...?

Not sayin it's true. Not saying it's not true. Just saying just because there is a conspiracy theory, does not mean there is not a conspiracy.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this is just people talking IMO, b/c what you just implied was that two coaches intentionally positioned the team to fail! Does that really sound viable to anyone? And if so why the hell would BB not fire them on the spot? Sounds more like media fodder than fact IMO.

I ask this now does anyone feel Matty P should now be the teams official Ravioli taster?
Set the team up to fail? Or only undermine one player to fail with the plan of promoting "Their Guy".

I only ask this with the hind sight of the GOAT freezing out WR's he did not trust and intentionally not throwing to WR's that were WIDE OPEN which cost the Pats games and playoff standings in his final miserable year here.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Set the team up to fail? Or only undermine one player to fail with the plan of promoting "Their Guy".

I only ask this with the hind sight of the GOAT freezing out WR's he did not trust and intentionally not throwing to WR's that were WIDE OPEN which cost the Pats games and playoff standings in his final miserable year here.
To me it doesn't matter they are the same act of treason. I understand a QB going to a guy he is comfortable with but coaches setting the team or a player up to fail should never be acceptable. The fact this is even being talked about is unacceptable and unproffesional

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I heard, seen or read, this is what I 'think' may have happened.

Mac was very comfortable with Josh and his system. Josh leaves.
Mac asks questions in mini camp. Patricia and Judge either don't answer, avoid or say that they will get back to him. Typicalresponse when one doesn't know the answer or doesn't want to be questioned.

Ttraining camp opens and now everyone gets to see how things are starting to shape up. Opinions vary but the team does not look like a contender. Mac goes through through camp and complains (supposedly) to BB about not having full access to the playbook on the field. This is where I think the whole thing started. I don't think either Judge or Matt fully understood the complicated structure of Josh's offense and they had to dumb it down so that they would be more comfortable. Dumbing it down change the way the offense operated and the plays didn't work because the players were confused.

Mac and Hoyer get hurt and the plays use become even more limited and Zappe thrives as sson as they take him off center and let him play 80% from the shotgun , where he spent almost his entire college career.

Just my opinion, but I agree with Reb. Matty has never been an offense play guy and neither has Judge. They both were on the defense or special teams. These offenses have multiple hitches and giddy-ups and critical motions that are both decoys and main targets. My gut tells me that they still aren't one hundred percent comfortable and most important, hate using Josh's offense. Problem for them is that they don't have an offense of their own to implement. I think that they have to get their shit together and either tweak the hell out of Josh's offensive schemes or come up with a completely different playbook for 2023.

As I said, it's just the way I think this whole mess is fallout and coaching egos are hampering the team.