• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac Vs Zap: The Controversy Has Begun

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you and Mac should go hug each other somewhere.

Bailey Fucking Zappe
Will be relegated to back up this weekend. Wish he wasn't though would love to see how he looks against the Jets Defense in two weeks. That would be a potential indicator. It may very well be we have two QBs that are potential starters I seem to remember a lot of this same unfounded devotion for Jimmy G early on.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way this cannot IMO be a bad thing. If Mac comes back and does well we have a rookie QB BB can hold onto and take trade offers should he desire. If Mac does poorly the team can say he was in a lot of pain out there and team would still covet him.

Funny to me when the Pats selected Cole Strange a lot of people were like WTF????? Then he took the Zapster and people were like WTF? Now people are like WTF????

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be relegated to back up this weekend. Wish he wasn't though would love to see how he looks against the Jets Defense in two weeks. That would be a potential indicator. It may very well be we have two QBs that are potential starters I seem to remember a lot of this same unfounded devotion for Jimmy G early on.

For all of my gut reaction and whatnot over Zappe, no doubt that the job is Mac's to lose. I, too, would like to see Zappe go up against a solid defense like the Jets to see what we truly have. When I saw Zappe in preseason I really felt like this kid was going to be our starting QB someday and still do.

Jimmy G could've developed into a solid QB for NE if he wasn't such a little bitch. Matt Cassel looked fantastic in the "system" too. I believe BB can develop a solid QB into a great QB for NE if they buy into the program like Brady(and Cassel) did.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of my gut reaction and whatnot over Zappe, no doubt that the job is Mac's to lose. I, too, would like to see Zappe go up against a solid defense like the Jets to see what we truly have. When I saw Zappe in preseason I really felt like this kid was going to be our starting QB someday and still do.

Jimmy G could've developed into a solid QB for NE if he wasn't such a little bitch. Matt Cassel looked fantastic in the "system" too. I believe BB can develop a solid QB into a great QB for NE if they buy into the program like Brady(and Cassel) did.
All NE QBs really need to do is manage the game. The game plan historically opens up the passing game. Either way we may be blessed here.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me understand Macs frustration if there is any at all. We had an offensive system in place that worked. Our O- Coord get hired away, we replace him with a Ravioli TASTER seems to me he should be upset.

What makes you say that?

Did Brady get pissy when McD went to Denver to fail? I can't recall.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way this cannot IMO be a bad thing. If Mac comes back and does well we have a rookie QB BB can hold onto and take trade offers should he desire. If Mac does poorly the team can say he was in a lot of pain out there and team would still covet him.

Funny to me when the Pats selected Cole Strange a lot of people were like WTF????? Then he took the Zapster and people were like WTF? Now people are like WTF????
You need to read this!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Garrett has 5 sacks and is a force. He requires attention.
Sure does not negated the fact they are the 23rd ranked D in the league. Lots of ways to slow a pass rush DE or LB, run game for one. quick slants for two, TE on line for three. BB know how to negate an asset

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure does not negated the fact they are the 23rd ranked D in the league. Lots of ways to slow a pass rush DE or LB, run game for one. quick slants for two, TE on line for three. BB know how to negate an asset

I’m not arguing with you. But a QB has to be aware of Garrett. And I thought Zappe did a decent job of that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not arguing with you. But a QB has to be aware of Garrett. And I thought Zappe did a decent job of that.
You dont think every QB is aware of where Garrett is?