• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mac Vs Zap: The Controversy Has Begun

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question if controversy is the correct term. Maybe QB battle or competition.

Everyone on this board should remember when your starting QB gets hurt it's next man up, Sometime that guy turns out to be or be a Tom Brady
The football world would explode if BB found anything close to a TB.2

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repost from May ( @Yankee Traveler )

Nice and unbiased. What does Zappe's mom think? If we get her approval we might be able to start the TB12 comparison's. If you remember back 22 yrs ago it was TB's mom who first predicted his greatness.

I'm not a BZ critic. I just think we need to see him earn real praise before we shower him with cudos for wins against subpar teams who didn't specifically design their game plan to stop him. Again, pump the brakes and not scrap the car.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice and unbiased. What does Zappe's mom think? If we get her approval we might be able to start the TB12 comparison's. If you remember back 22 yrs ago it was TB's mom who first predicted his greatness.

I'm not a BZ critic. I just think we need to see him earn real praise before we shower him with cudos for wins against subpar teams who didn't specifically design their game plan to stop him. Again, pump the brakes and not scrap the car.

I'm gonna trust BB to make the decision that is in the best interest of the Patriots.

That said, there's something likeable about Zappe and his playing style that goes back to preseason and he was just more fun to watch. Additionally, as a Pats fan it's going to be hard for me to get past seeing Mac cry like a little bitch when he got hurt.

But whatever decision BB makes is the one I'm rooting for.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna trust BB to make the decision that is in the best interest of the Patriots.

That said, there's something likeable about Zappe and his playing style that goes back to preseason and he was just more fun to watch. Additionally, as a Pats fan it's going to be hard for me to get past seeing Mac cry like a little bitch when he got hurt.

But whatever decision BB makes is the one I'm rooting for.

Just win baby. And he has.

I think he's got a touch more creativity than Jones. More likely to make something out of nothing.

But I've been wrong before.

The just win baby thing has a lot to do with the excitement with BZ. BB makes the decision is pretty much accepted so most of the discussion here is "fun talk". As for Mac, I can accept him for who he is, as I was for Cam, as long as "he just wins, baby" (which Cam failed to do). Adding to that I can say I like Cam a lot more now than four years ago, now that I see his shtick was part of who he was and not a "better than though prima donna attitude". I don't mind the goofiness Mac brings, dorkiness and all.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'll notice I posted with no comment. It was for your reading pleasure.
What do I think? The coach was genuine and so was Brady's mom.
Do I think we have found the next Brady? I sincerely doubt it.
It is not too early to be excited for the kid.

Are you one of those guys that sees your team ahead at 28-0 at the half and says, "wait until the games over before getting excited!"
I have agreed with you on most of your posts about the Zappe "controvesy" but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll notice I posted with no comment. It was for your reading pleasure.
What do I think? The coach was genuine and so was Brady's mom.
Do I think we have found the next Brady? I sincerely doubt it.
It is not too early to be excited for the kid.

Are you one of those guys that sees your team ahead at 28-0 at the half and says, "wait until the games over before getting excited!"
I have agreed with you on most of your posts about the Zappe "controvesy" but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.
The target of my sarcasm was the article. It's tough to differentiate in a post though I should clarify before I post. That led BK to name me public enemy #1. I appreciate you posting it and giving me the opportunity to have fun with it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The just win baby thing has a lot to do with the excitement with BZ. BB makes the decision is pretty much accepted so most of the discussion here is "fun talk". As for Mac, I can accept him for who he is, as I was for Cam, as long as "he just wins, baby" (which Cam failed to do). Adding to that I can say I like Cam a lot more now than four years ago, now that I see his shtick was part of who he was and not a "better than though prima donna attitude". I don't mind the goofiness Mac brings, dorkiness and all.

I have sweet fuck all against Jones and was really happy they drafted him. But it seems he has plateaued somewhat.

I don't pay any attention to college athletics but almost 6,000 yards and a bucket load of TDs has to indicate a bit of an offensive mindset. He was a worthy pick.

Sometimes these shots in the dark sort of work out. He never won a SB or oodles of playoff games but Romo is a similar kind of thing.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look Out, Mac Jones? Bailey Zappe’s Colege Coach Thinks Patriots QB Will Push For Job​

Don't want to be too picky, but what the fuck is a colege coach???

Is that anything like a colon oscopy?

Cole Strange plays LG

I love Cole Slaw.

The color I'm painting my house is Cole Stone.

I'm perplexed.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look Out, Mac Jones? Bailey Zappe’s Colege Coach Thinks Patriots QB Will Push For Job​

Don't want to be too picky, but what the fuck is a colege coach???

Is that anything like a colon oscopy?

Cole Strange plays LG

I love Cole Slaw.

The color I'm painting my house is Cole Stone.

I'm perplexed.

I thought you said you didn't drink?