• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Selection Sunday thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
560+ miles? Your home territory keeps expanding.

It's the closest site to their campus by almost 200 miles. And I'm going to guess the west coast is littered with Oregon alums. Meanwhile, Madison is 2,100 miles away from San Jose. It's a pretty clear advantage for Oregon. It's where they would have been placed if they were a protected seed as well.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oregon is playing a defacto home game in an entirely different state I an even more pissed about having to play Cincy in Columbus. That's in the same state you know...

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
560+ miles? Your home territory keeps expanding.

2nd biggest metro area for Oregon alums. They are everywhere in the Bay Area. It's also just a 1 day drive from Eugene.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oregon is playing a defacto home game in an entirely different state I an even more pissed about having to play Cincy in Columbus. That's in the same state you know...

Tennessee is probably more pissed though. Lol.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It'd be like Iowa playing in Chicago against a west coast team.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the closest site to their campus by almost 200 miles. And I'm going to guess the west coast is littered with Oregon alums. Meanwhile, Madison is 2,100 miles away from San Jose. It's a pretty clear advantage for Oregon. It's where they would have been placed if they were a protected seed as well.

I buy that it's on the West Coast. But to call it a defacto home game is a bit too much homerism. As for Oregon, they made a great season end run. Reminds me of the Brewers last year, Good for them. But until the tournament win, they weren't a lock to make the Dance.

I'll stand with my projection that no PAC-12 team gets past the round of 64.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee is probably more pissed though. Lol.
But for real why not just move Nevada or Wofford to that 7 and avoid that drama? They did the same shit with South Carolina s few years back and I just don't get it

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd biggest metro area for Oregon alums. They are everywhere in the Bay Area. It's also just a 1 day drive from Eugene.

Maybe they can meet up with the Wisconsin alum for a beer and a brat. There is just a few of them out there.

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is 12am ET. College Insider hasn't finalized their field for the CIT. Poor fucks are gonna burn through coffee and No Doz in order to finish up.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they've got a potential second round conference matchup with MsU and Minnesota . That's really odd unless 9 big 10 teams got in

When did they change that rule? I'm pretty sure it was a committee rule that 2 teams from the same conference couldn't be in the same half of a region unless that conference got at least 9 teams in the field, and even then they tried to put them on opposite sides of that half.

Gonzaga is the only #1 seed I can see not making it out of the 2nd round.

I haven't followed it too closely this year, but Virginia's offense is going to make some people think long and hard about how far to take them. Also don't be surprised if Utah St. gives North Carolina a tougher game than a lot of people expect.

Oregon seems to be the trendy 12/5 pick this year, which means you can pretty well bank on Wisconsin winning that game.

I'm not particularly happy with my first-blush reaction bracket, but I'm not sure what I'd change either. I've hit all the normal marks: multiple double-digit seeds to the Sweet 16, at least one 12 over 5, not all of the 2's surviving the opening weekend, etc. Maybe the uneasiness stems from only having one 1 seed in the Final Four, when that team is overly reliant on the health of one player.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Charles Barkley's Auburn team the last one to win the SEC Tourney? I heard 1985 and am assuming it is.
No

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did they change that rule? I'm pretty sure it was a committee rule that 2 teams from the same conference couldn't be in the same half of a region unless that conference got at least 9 teams in the field, and even then they tried to put them on opposite sides of that half.

I haven't followed it too closely this year, but Virginia's offense is going to make some people think long and hard about how far to take them. Also don't be surprised if Utah St. gives North Carolina a tougher game than a lot of people expect.

Oregon seems to be the trendy 12/5 pick this year, which means you can pretty well bank on Wisconsin winning that game.

I'm not particularly happy with my first-blush reaction bracket, but I'm not sure what I'd change either. I've hit all the normal marks: multiple double-digit seeds to the Sweet 16, at least one 12 over 5, not all of the 2's surviving the opening weekend, etc. Maybe the uneasiness stems from only having one 1 seed in the Final Four, when that team is overly reliant on the health of one player.
I think for UVA, Jerome will have to play better than he did in the ACC tournament for them to get far. They rely mainly on Jerome, Guy and Hunter to have big games every night. If they don't, than it could be another embarrassing one and done.
Hoping that Jerome finds his stroke again and Salt can continue his solid play from the ACC tournament. Teams that can hit their 3's can give UVA fits and it looks like Gardner-Webb has a couple of guys that could do that. I don't think that they'll be able to man handle us inside like Florida State did Friday night though.

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CIT field has been finalized and here's how it looks.
NOTE: Top 4 seeds get 2nd Round Bye

Quinnipiac at NJIT
Cornell at Robert Morris
Texas Southern at New Orleans
IUPUI at Marshall
Grambling at UTRGV
Presbyterian at Seattle
Green Bay at ETSU
FAU at Charleston Southern
St. Francis-Bkn at Hampton
CSU Bakersfield at CSU Fullerton
Kent State at ULM
Drake at Southern Utah
FIU at Texas State

No fucking clue who's seeded where, because CIT.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffs are winning the NIT. Choke on your own vomit if you don't agree.