• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC remains at 8 conference games

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The really big screw up here is the SEC basically gave teams from other conferences leverage when negotiating with SEC teams. You are not going to see BSC schools selling out for to play away anymore or 2 for 1 trades. This is going to make SEC teams travel to places like Pullman Washington.

This is great for Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina and Florida they can meet the requirement every year and not leave their states. Scheduling is going to be a bitch and the prices are going to go up. So nothing changes it just got more expensive.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The really big screw up here is the SEC basically gave teams from other conferences leverage when negotiating with SEC teams. You are not going to see BSC schools selling out for to play away anymore or 2 for 1 trades. This is going to make SEC teams travel to places like Pullman Washington.

This is great for Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina and Florida they can meet the requirement every year and not leave their states. Scheduling is going to be a bitch and the prices are going to go up. So nothing changes it just got more expensive.
- I am sure that Auburn having to go to Lawrence to play Kansas isn't as problematic as Florida having to play FSU every year, USCe v. Clemson, etc.

- Flexibility to schedule less talented BCS schools even if you have to travel to Pullman (an outlier location if there ever was one) > having to play FSU, Louisville, GaTech and Clemson every year.

- I can only speak of UGa, but in the Richt Era, they've played an OOC game against a BCS school IN ADDITION to GaTech in all but 2 years. That's even with an annual neutral site game with Florida.

I don't see this as a problem.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nothing new for the SEC. Mike Slive is all about making sure that the SEC maintain its image as the top conference. He is willing to massage the schedules to make sure that at the end of the year, at least two SEC teams are in the running for the NC, even if it means gaming the games. Here are facts that cannot be disputed.

1. The SEC has made sure that 7 of the 8 conference games will be against set opponents, giving the superior teams huge competitive advantages. So in any given year, the top teams in one division will only play a few of the top teams from the other in round robin play. It's possible, indeed likely, to play 4 or 5 years and never see at least one team from the other division.

2. Almost every SEC school plays an easy non conference schedule. As a league they play more FCS teams, more low end FBS teams, and travel less than any other conference. Even the "big" OOC games are carefully arranged to be in SEC friendly cities at so-called neutral sites.

3. All SEC teams play more home games than road games. Most set up their schedules so that some sad sack team is hired to come in before a big rivalry game. And the top teams seem to get special consideration.

4. In any given year, one can count on one hand the number of games in which "name" SEC schools play games against "name" opponents from outside the South.

Again, Slive does this deliberately, in my opinion. And in the mentality of the SEC, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. We all get it, of course, even my SEC friends, if they are honest. It's about working the system to one's advantage. I suppose that technically, it's not cheating, since they've set up the new playoff system to virtually guarantee one or two SEC schools every single year. And hiring hookers, er, sorry, FCS schools and last place Sun Belt Squads, to come to town on a Saturday night and lay down for the home boys is a time honored tradition. Just ask any frat boy.:whistle:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nothing new for the SEC. Mike Slive is all about making sure that the SEC maintain its image as the top conference. He is willing to massage the schedules to make sure that at the end of the year, at least two SEC teams are in the running for the NC, even if it means gaming the games. Here are facts that cannot be disputed.

1. The SEC has made sure that 7 of the 8 conference games will be against set opponents, giving the superior teams huge competitive advantages. So in any given year, the top teams in one division will only play a few of the top teams from the other in round robin play. It's possible, indeed likely, to play 4 or 5 years and never see at least one team from the other division.

2. Almost every SEC school plays an easy non conference schedule. As a league they play more FCS teams, more low end FBS teams, and travel less than any other conference. Even the "big" OOC games are carefully arranged to be in SEC friendly cities at so-called neutral sites.

3. All SEC teams play more home games than road games. Most set up their schedules so that some sad sack team is hired to come in before a big rivalry game. And the top teams seem to get special consideration.

4. In any given year, one can count on one hand the number of games in which "name" SEC schools play games against "name" opponents from outside the South.

Again, Slive does this deliberately, in my opinion. And in the mentality of the SEC, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. We all get it, of course, even my SEC friends, if they are honest. It's about working the system to one's advantage. I suppose that technically, it's not cheating, since they've set up the new playoff system to virtually guarantee one or two SEC schools every single year. And hiring hookers, er, sorry, FCS schools and last place Sun Belt Squads, to come to town on a Saturday night and lay down for the home boys is a time honored tradition. Just ask any frat boy.:whistle:

tcaYxrl.gif

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- I am sure that Auburn having to go to Lawrence to play Kansas isn't as problematic as Florida having to play FSU every year, USCe v. Clemson, etc.

- Flexibility to schedule less talented BCS schools even if you have to travel to Pullman (an outlier location if there ever was one) > having to play FSU, Louisville, GaTech and Clemson every year.

- I can only speak of UGa, but in the Richt Era, they've played an OOC game against a BCS school IN ADDITION to GaTech in all but 2 years. That's even with an annual neutral site game with Florida.

I don't see this as a problem.

Dude we would kill to have Ga Tech as a permeant opponent. Ton of history there for Auburn vs Ga Tech but they aren't stupid getting them to play another SEC school gets more and more difficult. We really need to nail down that agreement with the ACC and make this scheduling thing easier.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the news that SEC teams will now need to schedule a BCS big five opponent each season as a non-conference game: " Everyone else already does that."

Teams in the SEC that "already does that" this year.

1. Alabama - West Virginia, Big12.
2. Florida - FSU, ACC
3. Georgia - Clemson and Georgia Tech, ACC
4. South Carolina - Clemson, ACC
5. Auburn - K.State, Big12
6. LSU - Wisconsin, Big10
7. Tennessee - Oklahoma, Big12
8. Arkansas - Texas Tech, Big12
9. Kentucky - Louisville, ACC
10. Missouri - Indiana, Big10
11. Ole Miss - Boise St

Now, I guess you could move Ole Miss down below technically, but Boise St is generally a good team and they switched a normal Big5 team they player with Boise St this year. Last 2 years they played Texas of course.

Leaving:

1. Texas A&M
2. Miss St.
3. Vandy.

So yeah, 3 whole teams the rule would affect. 2 of which nobody really cares about, and the 3rd I dunno what's up with, but they are running out of time on the whole conference switched screwed up our schedule excuse after this year.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, and Vandy normally plays Wake every year. This changes absolutely nothing

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit, i just looked at Texas' recent OOC schedule thinking it would be good :lol:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit, i just looked at Texas' recent OOC schedule thinking it would be good :lol:
You should be ashamed BYU and Ole Miss are quality opponents...especially when you lose to them.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas future OOC games: USC, Cal, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Arkansas, UCLA. Not too shabby

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be ashamed BYU and Ole Miss are quality opponents...especially when you lose to them.

Is Ole Miss only a quality opponent when they are a conference opponent? I have seen enough fans of SEC talking them up like they would win every single conference but they are stuck in the SEC.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"don't read" eh?

Ah, my dear friends are not yet willing to admit that I'm absolutely right. It's ok, I understand, the truth hurts, doesn't it?

Rest well.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"don't read"

Hitler-Youth-burn-anti-Ge-006.jpg

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Ole Miss only a quality opponent when they are a conference opponent? I have seen enough fans of SEC talking them up like they would win every single conference but they are stuck in the SEC.

Team SEC fans pretty much dismissed Ole Mrs as a quality SEC team when an average Texas team dropped 66 pts on them in Oxford in '12, especially after Mack showed extreme mercy and didn't embarrass the Rebs and drop 80 + pts (which he easily could have). After Ole Miss beat an average Texas team last year, Team SEC then proceeded to suck off Ole Miss and proclaim how quality of a team Ole Mrs is. Team SEC pole smokers are very fickle.....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams in the SEC that "already does that" this year.

1. Alabama - West Virginia, Big12.
2. Florida - FSU, ACC
3. Georgia - Clemson and Georgia Tech, ACC
4. South Carolina - Clemson, ACC
5. Auburn - K.State, Big12
6. LSU - Wisconsin, Big10
7. Tennessee - Oklahoma, Big12
8. Arkansas - Texas Tech, Big12
9. Kentucky - Louisville, ACC
10. Missouri - Indiana, Big10
11. Ole Miss - Boise St

Now, I guess you could move Ole Miss down below technically, but Boise St is generally a good team and they switched a normal Big5 team they player with Boise St this year. Last 2 years they played Texas of course.

Leaving:

1. Texas A&M
2. Miss St.
3. Vandy.

So yeah, 3 whole teams the rule would affect. 2 of which nobody really cares about, and the 3rd I dunno what's up with, but they are running out of time on the whole conference switched screwed up our schedule excuse after this year.

Spot on ^^^^^^ Never quite understood that lame excuse Aggy uses as to explain why their OOC schedule is a complete joke ever since they joined the SEC.....

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on ^^^^^^ Never quite understood that lame excuse Aggy uses as to explain why their OOC schedule is a complete joke ever since they joined the SEC.....

And I've never understood why it matters so much to you or other t-sips. Are we using it to vault up to the championship game? Is it hurting you in any way? Does it affect you in any way? Are you scared that A&M can use games against Louisiana directional as a recruiting tool?

Or are you just looking for a reason to bitch?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually it works the other way when an SEC team plays them they are a doormat but if someone OOC plays them then they are a ranked team and SEC West contender. Read through the sarcasm.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team SEC fans pretty much dismissed Ole Mrs as a quality SEC team when an average Texas team dropped 66 pts on them in Oxford in '12, especially after Mack showed extreme mercy and didn't embarrass the Rebs and drop 80 + pts (which he easily could have). After Ole Miss beat an average Texas team last year, Team SEC then proceeded to suck off Ole Miss and proclaim how quality of a team Ole Mrs is. Team SEC pole smokers are very fickle.....

Nobody in the SEC was sucking them off that was your own boys on this site doing that we just laughed our assed off at the 21 point beat down.