• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Seahawks if Lynch retires?

Without lynch, how do the Seahawks end next season

• Losing season, no playoffs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 or 2 seed and Lose in Super Bowl

• 0-16, I'm clearly a hater.

• Total voters

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New

Patriots NFC least.... Miami, Jets, Bills..... LOL
Indy - Jax, Hou, Tenn additional laughter.
GB - Chi, Minn, Det - Now this is a tough division so it means a lot that they have a good record. Yeah Minnesota has been up and down but I have done any big anaylsis on the divison. I just know that every season it seems like there are three teams that have nearly 10 wins.

Pitts - Also a tough division.... Yeah Cleveland is usually a failure but they do manage to beat good teams occasionally. Cincinnati has improved. The Ravens are bad ass.

So, my point here is that the Pats, Colts, Chickens and Chargers are in divisions that are weak... or at least have been. Go check it out..... for the last decade people have been talking about how weak the NFC West is and how it's re-emerging. The AFC West up and down. They don't call them the San Diego Chokers for nothing.

A mediocre team in their own division.... only dominant against poor teams.... on a good day.

2014 5 - 1 couldn't even sweep the Rams.... LOL
2013 4 - 2 The Niners were 5 - 1 (Saints game cost the Niners the division)
2012 3 - 3 Just sad.... and chicken fans were saying that they were the better team.
2011 3 - 3 Par for the course.... hehehehe
2010 4 - 2 So were the Niners.... before Harbaugh....... hahahahahaha....

Ah seachickens.... you've had your moment in the sun because Manning is a choke artist. Now you've had the house fall on you like the wicked bitch of the west. Muah ah ahhhhhh!

Let me see if I can put it to you in a way you can understand. Those stats are nice.... and they LOOK like they might mean something. But winning a division that is weak doesn't make your team dominant in the league.

Seattle over the past decade won the division and then lost in the Wild Card round or Divisional round every year... EVERY YEAR.... sometimes it was to a divisional team. Except the one season they had it together enough to make it to the Super Bowl.... and they lost. Then they went back to being mediocre.

Now they have a new coach and a new QB but any truthful, objective (as in not a seachicken fan) will tell you that they got incredibly lucky over the past two years. Just getting to the Super Bowl the first time.... everything HAD to go your way. And I know that sounds like sour grapes but think about this. If Brooks doesn't get that bullshit Personal foul against Brees in the Saints game Seattle doesn't win the division and no Super Bowl run.

This season GB folds or Seattle is watching the Super Bowl. Everything went right.... until that last play. I think it's appropriate.... and well deserved.

There's your cream... it's sour cream...... LMAO.

Too long. Didn't read.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A mediocre team in their own division.... only dominant against poor teams.... on a good day.

You're already boring man; I hope you can bring something else to these boards.

49er_Rick

Drummer for Punk Rock Barbie - Party ON!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here... maybe this will make it easier for everyone.

2013 Super Bowl season

Panthers - Playoff team WIN - DeAngelo Williams fumbled on the Seahawks 8 yard line.
SF - Playoff team - Kaepernick choked.
Jax - 4 - 12
Hou - 2 - 14 This is a game where Houston dominated the Seahawks. Wilson put the team on his back and got them within 7.... then Matt Schaub gifts them the win.
Indy - Playoff team LOSS
Tenn - 7 point WIN against a 7 - 9 team.
AZ - WIN - 10 - 6 team
St.L - WIN - The Rams dominated the Seahawks and had 4 chances to win the game... they blew it. 14 - 9
TB - A 4 - 12 team led by 21 points and then collapsed.

ATL - WIN another 4 - 12 team
Minn - 5 - 10 - 1 WIN
NO - WIN Playoff team
SF - LOSS
NYG - WIN 7 - 9 team
AZ - LOSS
St.L - W

So here is the "dominant" 13 - 3 Seahawks team. All three losses were to playoff teams. Only 4 of there 13 wins were against teams over .500.

The underlined games are games they "nearly" lost. If any one of those games goes in the L column... no division because the Niners finished 5 - 1 but ended up 1 game behind in the overall record.

And no Super Bowl run.... just another Wild Card team. Does anyone think the seachickens go into that super frozen game in Lambeau and win?

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here... maybe this will make it easier for everyone.

2013 Super Bowl season

Panthers - Playoff team WIN - DeAngelo Williams fumbled on the Seahawks 8 yard line.
SF - Playoff team - Kaepernick choked.
Jax - 4 - 12
Hou - 2 - 14 This is a game where Houston dominated the Seahawks. Wilson put the team on his back and got them within 7.... then Matt Schaub gifts them the win.
Indy - Playoff team LOSS
Tenn - 7 point WIN against a 7 - 9 team.
AZ - WIN - 10 - 6 team
St.L - WIN - The Rams dominated the Seahawks and had 4 chances to win the game... they blew it. 14 - 9
TB - A 4 - 12 team led by 21 points and then collapsed.

ATL - WIN another 4 - 12 team
Minn - 5 - 10 - 1 WIN
NO - WIN Playoff team
SF - LOSS
NYG - WIN 7 - 9 team
AZ - LOSS
St.L - W

So here is the "dominant" 13 - 3 Seahawks team. All three losses were to playoff teams. Only 4 of there 13 wins were against teams over .500.

The underlined games are games they "nearly" lost. If any one of those games goes in the L column... no division because the Niners finished 5 - 1 but ended up 1 game behind in the overall record.

And no Super Bowl run.... just another Wild Card team. Does anyone think the seachickens go into that super frozen game in Lambeau and win?

6e55f624b752c3b08a5aefddcd24ae4235ca3dcb895d392a2478ce72f5231c3d.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has those close games throughout the season that could have gone either way. The great teams find a way to win those close ones and the bad teams in the NFL always find ways to lose them. We could go back over every single Super Bowl Champion and the season they won it in and find those type of games.

Let's just look at this past year for the Patriots...

1) Miami--Loss--Really bad game by the Patriots

2) Minnesota--This game was close for the 1st half but obviously blowout by the end

3) Oakland--This is a close game that honestly I think Oakland should have won but again the good teams find a way to win these grunt it out tough games

4) Kansas City--Probably one of the most embarrassing games of the BB era. Just everything went bad in this one.

5) Cincinnati--Great way to follow up a bad loss by a huge win

6) Buffalo--Another good win on the road in the division.

7) Jets--Another close one where they got lucky with a blocked field goal that could have cost them the game at home.

8) Chicago--Not even close

9) Denver--Dominated again

10) Indy--Really hitting their stride

11) Detroit--Again domination

12) Green Bay--one of the best games of the season that could have gone either way.

13) San Diego--Got dominated in the 1st half if I remember right but fought back and won

14) Miami--Just dominated

15) Jets--Again another one that could have gone either way

16) Buffalo--Throw away game since they already had the #1 seed wrapped up.

So that is 3 close games that could have gone either way. They lost to some non-playoff teams like Buffalo, KC, and Miami.

So see this can be done for just about every Super Bowl champ. This is the NFL where the bottom teams can quickly rise to the top in a matter of a season or two. Most games in the NFL are decided by a touchdown or less so it is just expected that there are always going to be close games every year for every team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to back SuperBowl appearances and hoping for three in a row. Seahawks fans are feeling OK.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guys, I think what Ricky Jr is saying when Seattle spanked his Whiners 42-13, it was because we only dominate against weak teams. Or was it the 29-3 game the next year? Dang. maybe the sweep this year?

He is merely squashed as a fan. The team he has invested so much in has shit it's own bed.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I think what Ricky Jr is saying when Seattle spanked his Whiners 42-13, it was because we only dominate against weak teams. Or was it the 29-3 game the next year? Dang. maybe the sweep this year?

He is merely squashed as a fan. The team he has invested so much in has shit it's own bed.

Normally I stay out of this kind of posting but this new poster should be just ignored as he has never posted on the 9ers thread and went straight to 'stirring shit up ' mode. I also would think better of the decent 'Hawk fans to just ignore this kind of poster and keep it real. IMO Lynch is a key RB for this team but could be replaced if needed. I have heard that he will be back so this thread is a non happening thing anyway.:suds:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I stay out of this kind of posting but this new poster should be just ignored as he has never posted on the 9ers thread and went straight to 'stirring shit up ' mode. I also would think better of the decent 'Hawk fans to just ignore this kind of poster and keep it real. IMO Lynch is a key RB for this team but could be replaced if needed. I have heard that he will be back so this thread is a non happening thing anyway.:suds:

dark, you make a solid point and I expect you know we are just swatting the fly that is buzzing around. I would venture none of the posts are directed towards the 9er faithful who are respected in these forums.
Sorry for the collateral damage.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dark, you make a solid point and I expect you know we are just swatting the fly that is buzzing around. I would venture none of the posts are directed towards the 9er faithful who are respected in these forums.
Sorry for the collateral damage.
No issues with you or many of the 'Hawk fan base. Carry on Split and we will continue this when the new season begins! :suds:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allow me to buy
No issues with you or many of the 'Hawk fan base. Carry on Split and we will continue this when the new season begins! :suds:
Allow me to buy please.:suds:

49er_Rick

Drummer for Punk Rock Barbie - Party ON!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.... everyone is pretty much replaceable.... I mean... I don't want to see Gore leave but we drafted Hyde and he's very talented.

Lynch is a vital part of the seahawks game but I think if he retired or left they would just find another way to move the ball.

Actually it's Wilson's scrambling and play making ability that is FAR more dangerous. That crazy ability he has to get away... run around and find somebody open down field. You gotta like that.

Oh... and I could post in a Niners thread... but what's the point. Our owner sucks, I think our GM wants to be the coach or is just acting like Al Davis... They promoted a DL coach to head coach with NO experience as and NFL Offensive or Defensive Coordinator.

And what I originally said is worth repeating. The seahawks have had a great run of luck over the past two years. Clearly Lynch has been a big part of that. If you lose him you're not going to be able to immediately bounce back. Even with him the odds of outright winning the division aren't great. The reason is... you're going to get a first place schedule... You have some very tough road games.

@ Dallas @ GB @ Bmore @ Cincy Plus the Cards will be healthy and the Rams... for what it's worth they beat you in St. Louis this season and nearly did it last season with Austin Davis. If the Niners split with you again I don't see you winning the division unless the Cards fall apart again.

Split couldn't swat me with both hands and a map. Because all the numbers in the world won't change the wins and loses. It isn't about if the Niners are better.... we both know that they haven't been better.... they had their chance and blew it.

What I've said... and meant is Seattle has had some remarkable luck. The ended on Super Bowl Sunday. Now it's a new season...... Let's do this. :):suds: