• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Seahawks if Lynch retires?

Without lynch, how do the Seahawks end next season

• Losing season, no playoffs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 or 2 seed and Lose in Super Bowl

• 0-16, I'm clearly a hater.

• Total voters

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lynch retires, the Seahawks won't win the division. He is the MAIN piece to their offensive production. The defense is great, but they can't shut everybody out.

Ok, I will bite. If Lynch retires, who do you like and why?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I will bite. If Lynch retires, who do you like and why?
Assuming the entire division stays healthy, which is a crazy thought, I like AZ or the Rams. I think this will be somewhat of a down year for the NFC west overall. 10 wins may win the division.

At this point it is nearly impossible to say considering we have know idea what free agent signings will happen. However, I believe Lynch is crucial to the success of the Seahawks. He keeps the defense off the field so they remain fresh, he takes the load of RW and he simply wears down opposing defenses.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the entire division stays healthy, which is a crazy thought, I like AZ or the Rams. I think this will be somewhat of a down year for the NFC west overall. 10 wins may win the division.

At this point it is nearly impossible to say considering we have know idea what free agent signings will happen. However, I believe Lynch is crucial to the success of the Seahawks. He keeps the defense off the field so they remain fresh, he takes the load of RW and he simply wears down opposing defenses.

Rams? So you think Bradford return will do the trick, or did you just throw the Rams in to make it look like you weren't being a homer?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch retires offense that isn't great now will be really bad. Wilson will have 0 weapons on offense. I do think seattle would draft a RB in the 1st rd if this happen. If he stays they draft one in the 2nd or 3rd rd.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so you say the Rams or the Cards.

Ok, it looks like you think it would be the Rams or Cards winning the West with Seattle/SF fighting it out for 3rd or 4th.
Who has the best D in the West?
Who has the best QB in the West?
If Marshawn retires how do you rate the running game of the NFCW?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch retires offense that isn't great now will be really bad. Wilson will have 0 weapons on offense. I do think seattle would draft a RB in the 1st rd if this happen. If he stays they draft one in the 2nd or 3rd rd.

Lynch didn't move the offense by himself, keep that in mind. Also who knows what the offseason will bring in the way of weapons. Wilson doesn't need a lot of weapons.

Besides this is a "if" thread. Most likely won't happen.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams? So you think Bradford return will do the trick, or did you just throw the Rams in to make it look like you weren't being a homer?
Anyone who knows me on these boards already knows i'm a homer. No need to try an hide it. Is my prediction really that much of a stretch?

You don't like the Rams? I was very impressed with how they played considering all the injuries.

You don't like the Rams? I was really impressed with how they played last year considering all the injuries. And yes, I think a healthy Bradford will make a huge difference for them.

BTW- It's no secret I'm a homer Harold. I have nothing to hide.

Zona - NFC West Champs...... Coming Soon!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="purguy12, post: 6250429, member: 4276"]Lynch retires offense that isn't great now will be really bad. Wilson will have 0 weapons on offense. I do think seattle would draft a RB in the 1st rd if this happen. If he stays they draft one in the 2nd or 3rd rd.[/QUOTE]

That is a possibility but in no way a guarantee. Before we figured out Percy was a bum, any fan would think we would be less of an offense without him than with him. Yet, go figure. One leaves which created openings elsewhere. So, we have no idea who picks up the slack, but a great schemer like Pete will figure out a way. We had the 4th highest guys on IR last year and still went a long way.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have know idea what I did there. I wrote the original post, then I thought I accidentely deleted it and tried to rewrite it. Scotch combined with this new board format is a bad combo. :L

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who knows me on these boards already knows i'm a homer. No need to try an hide it. Is my prediction really that much of a stretch?

You don't like the Rams? I was very impressed with how they played considering all the injuries.

You don't like the Rams? I was really impressed with how they played last year considering all the injuries. And yes, I think a healthy Bradford will make a huge difference for them.

BTW- It's no secret I'm a homer Harold. I have nothing to hide.

Zona - NFC West Champs...... Coming Soon!

Oh I like the Rams, just not a believer in Bradford. Don't think he can say healthy and not sure how good he is when healthy. Not good enough IMO, but then I'm a homer also.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have know idea what I did there. I wrote the original post, then I thought I accidentely deleted it and tried to rewrite it. Scotch combined with this new board format is a bad combo. :L
Scotch? Never again.
Not after a NATO debriefing in Edinburgh in the 70's with about 18 hrs to spend in Scotland. I haven't had a sip since. Smells like kerosene to me.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so you say the Rams or the Cards.

Ok, it looks like you think it would be the Rams or Cards winning the West with Seattle/SF fighting it out for 3rd or 4th.
Who has the best D in the West?
Who has the best QB in the West?
If Marshawn retires how do you rate the running game of the NFCW?
I think the way that SB ended is going to be damaging for RW. He didn't look particularly good in the playoffs all together and without Lynch, he may look worse. Just an opinion. nothing more.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the way that SB ended is going to be damaging for RW. He didn't look particularly good in the playoffs all together and without Lynch, he may look worse. Just an opinion. nothing more.

Wilson will be just fine , he handles set backs just fine. A 35 year QB coming off a major injury, now that's some thing to worry about.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now I would say it's close enough between the Cards and 'Hawks to where the loss of Lynch to retirement could possibly sway power within the NFCW. LONG road right now with the draft and FA in the way.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson will be just fine , he handles set backs just fine. A 35 year QB coming off a major injury, now that's some thing to worry about.
Believe me, I will be holding my breath every time he drops back. That's a tough way to try and enjoy a football season. Sometimes I wish I hated this game.

49er_Rick

Drummer for Punk Rock Barbie - Party ON!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I openly admit to hating the seachickens. So let's get that out of the way.

If Lynch isn't there.... that team is just not the same..... but let's take a closer look.

The chickens beat SF in 2012 right near the Niners SB appearance and then lost to Atlanta in the playoffs.

The following 2013 season everything HAD to go right... The INT against Houston, the 4 down failure against the Rams, the Tampa Bay collapse.... AND the Niners had to lose to the Saints with that bullshit call against Brooks... just for Seattle to win the division. THEN that ridiculous NFCCG where nearly every call went against the Niners... but they still had a chance to win it.... stupid fade pass AGAIN? You'd think Harbaugh/Kaepernick would have learned not to throw that one. NOPE.

Last season.... Arizona loses, QB1, QB2, RB1 and they can't compete. SF folds up completely.... otherwise the chickens don't even win the division. Think about that. If the Niners don't fold... and split with Seattle like they have since 2008 the chickens don't even win the division.... they're a Wild Card team....

And finally.... NFCCG - GB up by how many points with just minutes to go.... EPIC CHOKE! BUT.... all is not lost. The football Gods decided that Seattle's luck ran out right before that fateful pass.... in the Super Bowl. THANK GOD!!! Because the thought of those low class douche bags being back to back champs just makes me ill.

Baldwin mimicking taking a dump with the ball? Starting a fight with seconds left? NO CLASS!

So... with Lynch the chickens are a 10 - 6 team normally.... about 3 - 3 in the division.... great home team, lousy road team. 2014, (4 Loses) St. Louis, KC, San Diego, and Dallas in Seattle. 3 road loses. 2013 (3 loses) SF and Indy road, Cardinals at home. 2012 3 - 5 on the road. Obviously all 5 loses came on the road.

They're great at home... lousy on the road and not much else to talk about.... especially without Lynch.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Lynch isn't there.... that team is just not the same..... but let's take a closer look.

The chickens beat SF in 2012 right near the Niners SB appearance and then lost to Atlanta in the playoffs.

The following 2013 season everything HAD to go right... The INT against Houston, the 4 down failure against the Rams, the Tampa Bay collapse.... AND the Niners had to lose to the Saints with that bullshit call against Brooks... just for Seattle to win the division. THEN that ridiculous NFCCG where nearly every call went against the Niners... but they still had a chance to win it.... stupid fade pass AGAIN? You'd think Harbaugh/Kaepernick would have learned not to throw that one. NOPE.

Last season.... Arizona loses, QB1, QB2, RB1 and they can't compete. SF folds up completely.... otherwise the chickens don't even win the division. Think about that. If the Niners don't fold... and split with Seattle like they have since 2008 the chickens don't even win the division.... they're a Wild Card team....

And finally.... NFCCG - GB up by how many points with just minutes to go.... EPIC CHOKE! BUT.... all is not lost. The football Gods decided that Seattle's luck ran out right before that fateful pass.... in the Super Bowl. THANK GOD!!! Because the thought of those low class douche bags being back to back champs just makes me ill.

Baldwin mimicking taking a dump with the ball? Starting a fight with seconds left? NO CLASS!

So... with Lynch the chickens are a 10 - 6 team normally.... about 3 - 3 in the division.... great home team, lousy road team. 2014, (4 Loses) St. Louis, KC, San Diego, and Dallas in Seattle. 3 road loses. 2013 (3 loses) SF and Indy road, Cardinals at home. 2012 3 - 5 on the road. Obviously all 5 loses came on the road.

They're great at home... lousy on the road and not much else to talk about.... especially without Lynch.

That was a fun read, your rundown of the events that occured, you must understand, is a biased take on what unfolded and an equally biased rundown could be made in the Seahawks favor...the truth is somewhere in the middle.

And we're now back to the 'bad road team' crap again. I guess if I had to choose to be a crap road team or a crap home team (Santa Clara), I'd go with road team.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you realize what kind of bitch you sound like? This is obviously a very well rehearsed whine/"what-if"-fest you got going here.

BTW, welcome to the hoop, 49er_prick :yo:.

Last edited:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you realize what kind of bitch you sound like? This is obviously a very well rehearsed whine/"what-if"-fest you got going here.

BTW, welcome to the hoop, 49er_prick :yo:.

Seattle is not known as a great road team, but 11-5 over the last 2 regular seaso

You are a tough crowd. 11-5 on the road the last 2 years combined looks like wayyyyyyy above average to me.