• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Seahawks if Lynch retires?

Without lynch, how do the Seahawks end next season

• Losing season, no playoffs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 or 2 seed and Lose in Super Bowl

• 0-16, I'm clearly a hater.

• Total voters

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thread about our impending demise.

Pete built this team to be a run 1st team that has an excellent D.
While Lynch is a beast, this team will go on without him.
I believe you can plug in any decent RB and he will get 1000 yards. Pete will find avenues to pick up the slack if Marshawn leaves. It is only a matter of time until the Seahawks move on without him.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe you can plug in any decent RB and he will get 1000 yards. Pete will find avenues to pick up the slack if Marshawn leaves. It is only a matter of time until the Seahawks move on without him.

Why do you get so defensive? I think it's a valid topic that everyone should be interested in. Lynch is a big part of that team. He's one of the 2 best running backs in the game. The gap between him and the next best running back is quite large as well. With him. The Seahawks are the best in the NFC and a Super Bowl contender. Without him, can they return to such heights? It's a completely valid topic, but since were talking about the Seahawks, it's about their impending demise?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You need more than 1000 yard RB. Lynch got 1300 this year and only carried 280 times (4.7 ypc).

That is a lot harder to replace than people think especially when you don't have a great natural pocket passer at the helm forcing defenses to play the pass first.

Whoever is Seattle's RB is next year will put up some good fantasy stats. But Seattle needs more than accumulated stats from the RB position if they don't find some real playmakers at WR.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Smith? Was a pro bowler in 2000 and retired then...played 7 years coming out of the Ohio State University. Dude was a very good runner and incredibly intelligent. Second to only AP in rushing for the Vikings.

I forgot about him. I don't know how. As a Lions fan I was glad to see him hang em up. He was great. He also had a lot more going for him aside from football than Lynch. Wasn't he with ESPN for awhile and I think he also has a medical degree.... don't know if he did anything with it.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just voting so I won't get fined

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really believe it is time for Lynch to go. It is time for Seattle to protect the nucleus of the team but make some changes. Lynch is too much money for this point of his career. It would be bad PR to low-ball lynch for the end of his career - better for him to "retire" and better for his health. You could do a lot with that cap space. I think Seattle could improve this team with Lynch moved out.

Not trolling.......

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you get so defensive? I think it's a valid topic that everyone should be interested in. Lynch is a big part of that team. He's one of the 2 best running backs in the game. The gap between him and the next best running back is quite large as well. With him. The Seahawks are the best in the NFC and a Super Bowl contender. Without him, can they return to such heights? It's a completely valid topic, but since were talking about the Seahawks, it's about their impending demise?

Maybe I came across that way, but this Seahawk fan has read a few thousand posts about what we can't accomplish.
We all understand Marshawn's value and the only person calling the shots is him.
Seattle has had some pretty effective RB's throughout team history. Same goes for the FB position. Yet, we have never done that great at the WR position other than Largent and Blades, who was our last WR elected to the pro bowl. 1989 IIRC.
Our OL is not highly rated but they are decent at the zone blocking scheme that Cable likes to run. Those are a couple of reasons why I think the team will still do well. Plus, having Russell and our D tends to keep us in almost every game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what moves we make in the offseason and in the draft... Obviously Lynch is a force and losing him would hurt... Our defense is still gonna be good though with all our key players back ... I"m sure Carroll will add to our D line also because our pass rush wasn't nearly as good as 2013 ... Seattle also need weapons for Russ if were gonna start passing more if Lynch is gone....

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micheal averaged over 5 yards a carry and Turbin averaged 4.2. The D and O line are more important than Lynch

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micheal averaged over 5 yards a carry and Turbin averaged 4.2. The D and O line are more important than Lynch

Not equal. Turbin gets a lot of outside carries. Pretty much all of Lynch's are between the tackles.

Now if someone can show me both of their stats for yards after contact....

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would prefer a option that said "Will not matter much overall"

RB's do not have the same impact they once did. Patriots have proved that year after year when they put just about anyone back there and they have success. Lynch is awesome but I honestly just think that the team can adapt and move on rather easily.

I agree...Pete knows the importance of sticking with the run game (SB lol) and I've been impressed with the backups although they really haven't been called on that much. The passing game will surely get a boost at WR and not to mention an improved OL. I think the coaching is very strong and is the main cog in the wheel.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch breaks a ton of tackles, his back ups haven't. Maybe with full time duty, they'll show more. I do think Turbin and Micheals can be productive, but in a different way and not to the extent Lynch is. When Lynch retires, the offense will start changing. The passing attack will become more important.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lynch (even though he's a Seahawk..) and would agree he would be missed if he should decide to pack it in. How much they'd miss him is another matter. For sure the other backs they have are not Beast Mode worthy. He is a one off.

I've always been amazed at how he could play an entire season the way he plays. He takes so many hits the wear and tear has to catch up to him eventually.

Hopefully he doesn't have it all rushing up to him in later years like others have so much recently. Like a Tony Dorsett, who was much more of a sweetheart than Lynch, didn't go in fot a lot of the rough and tumble stuff and still is feeling the effects.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Turbin and Micheal would be just as successful running as Lynch...just different styles. The key is O line...

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since they don't hand the ball to him when it matters most I'd say this is irrelevant.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lynch retires, the Seahawks won't win the division. He is the MAIN piece to their offensive production. The defense is great, but they can't shut everybody out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lynch (even though he's a Seahawk..) and would agree he would be missed if he should decide to pack it in. How much they'd miss him is another matter. For sure the other backs they have are not Beast Mode worthy. He is a one off.

I've always been amazed at how he could play an entire season the way he plays. He takes so many hits the wear and tear has to catch up to him eventually.

Hopefully he doesn't have it all rushing up to him in later years like others have so much recently. Like a Tony Dorsett, who was much more of a sweetheart than Lynch, didn't go in fot a lot of the rough and tumble stuff and still is feeling the effects.

The old Lynch will be missed, wheather he stays or not. This years Lynch will be winding down if he stays. I think the Seahawks can do more without him - if they spend the money wisely.....