• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Seahawks if Lynch retires?

Without lynch, how do the Seahawks end next season

• Losing season, no playoffs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 or 2 seed and Lose in Super Bowl

• 0-16, I'm clearly a hater.

• Total voters

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would prefer a option that said "Will not matter much overall"

RB's do not have the same impact they once did. Patriots have proved that year after year when they put just about anyone back there and they have success. Lynch is awesome but I honestly just think that the team can adapt and move on rather easily.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Brown did as well. I never said at the top of their game though. I would've brought up backs like Davis, Holmes, and mendenhall as well. Think of it this way, Lynch can keep playing until he walks everywhere with a limp, or he can quit early and walk normally. I'm not saying he will or won't, but he very well could quit. He has nothing left to prove.

Priest Holmes? He was 34 when he retired.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but he could. Running backs retire early very often.

Let's see... RBs coming off a pro bowl season who retired at 28 NOT due to a crippling injury. Let me pull out my calculator here....

I got zero. You did you come up with ?

and I didn't even factor in the millions he'd be leaving on the table.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That neck injury did him no favors, however.

No. But it's not like he walked away at the right time because of the injury concerns. He retired after 07, but in hindsight, should have after 04.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do?
Barry Sanders did, who else of substance has retired early at the TOP of his game.

Lynch is at least a year younger than both Jim Brown and Barry when they retired. Brown had movie offers that were at least as lucrative as his Browns contract and Barry was sick of playing for a mediocre team and they wouldn't trade him. Neither of those factors applies to Lynch and as I said he's younger than those 2 anyway. Hell Barry would have been 31 the next season. That's 3 years older than Lynch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle would be screwed, lets not kid ourselves. They have no talent at WR, or TE. Wilson is a decent bus driver,but he's not winning many games if he has to carry the team on his arm.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If lynch retires = Seattle's/suicide ~hotline~ would be jammed for weeks....

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is a possible wild card team without Lynch.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good year to need to draft a RB. Draft is as deep at that position as it has been in years and years.

Seattle would miss Lynch....but the extra change in their pocket from not having to pay him could go to signing a WR that is actually slightly talented.

It's certainly not impossible for Seattle to actually improve without Lynch depending on how they use the extra cash and how they draft.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good year to need to draft a RB. Draft is as deep at that position as it has been in years and years.

Seattle would miss Lynch....but the extra change in their pocket from not having to pay him could go to signing a WR that is actually slightly talented.

It's certainly not impossible for Seattle to actually improve without Lynch depending on how they use the extra cash and how they draft.

If the Seahawks are lucky enough to draft Gordon then they wouldn't miss Lynch.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle would be screwed, lets not kid ourselves. They have no talent at WR, or TE. Wilson is a decent bus driver,but he's not winning many games if he has to carry the team on his arm.

Funny is that I saw him win many games with his arm in college. Guy threw for 20 more td's than Luck did in college and can get it done when needed. He is smart enough to utilize the running game with a superb back, but can throw for tds and 300 yard a game if called upon

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny is that I saw him win many games with his arm in college. Guy threw for 20 more td's than Luck did in college and can get it done when needed. He is smart enough to utilize the running game with a superb back, but can throw for tds and 300 yard a game if called upon

Wilson is very underrated despite all his success.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is very underrated despite all his success.

I obviously agree. For a guy who has the best winning percentage, and completion percentage, 2 super bowl appearances and one ring, for a guy only in the league 3 years, he is very much not just underrated but disrespected.

As for Lynch, really a tough question, He brings SO much to the table. But at the same time, Seattle runs the ball a Ton. and the o line is built to dominate at run blocking (to the extent they're poor pass blocking)

It he retires, they have lots of money to go find a WR and hopefully some olineman.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously agree. For a guy who has the best winning percentage, and completion percentage, 2 super bowl appearances and one ring, for a guy only in the league 3 years, he is very much not just underrated but disrespected.

As for Lynch, really a tough question, He brings SO much to the table. But at the same time, Seattle runs the ball a Ton. and the o line is built to dominate at run blocking (to the extent they're poor pass blocking)

It he retires, they have lots of money to go find a WR and hopefully some olineman.

Turbin and Michael both run behind the same line and have nowhere near the same impact.

Lynch is the center of that offense.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turbin and Michael both run behind the same line and have nowhere near the same impact.

Lynch is the center of that offense.

Nor do they have anywhere near the opportunity. Im in the middle of multi tasking right now but I would venture turbos YPC is pretty nice?

Again Im not saying they can step in and be lynch of course they can't, theres only one beast mode. But Seattles offense is built so that beast mode thrives.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see... RBs coming off a pro bowl season who retired at 28 NOT due to a crippling injury. Let me pull out my calculator here....

I got zero. You did you come up with ?

and I didn't even factor in the millions he'd be leaving on the table.

Robert Smith? Was a pro bowler in 2000 and retired then...played 7 years coming out of the Ohio State University. Dude was a very good runner and incredibly intelligent. Second to only AP in rushing for the Vikings.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Smith? Was a pro bowler in 2000 and retired then...played 7 years coming out of the Ohio State University. Dude was a very good runner and incredibly intelligent. Second to only AP in rushing for the Vikings.

DANG, now there's a name I forgot about. Robert Smith.... that guy put up some good #s before inexplicably (as far as I remember) retiring.