• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, did anyone notice Frank Clark on the field at all last night? I didn't, not one time. I'm sure he played, but if he did he was a total non-factor. Pretty much the same for week 1.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and it's not why we lost or anything but I just think it's interesting. During the 52 yd PI on Sherman, I was wondering at the time why the play wasn't blown dead. Bennett jumped and then one of the GB linemen popped up before the snap. By rule, the ref is supposed to whistle and then march off 5 against whoever made the infraction (in this case the D). They totally incorrectly officiated that play. Should have been a 5 yard penalty and re-play the down without the option to take the PI that shouldn't even have happened.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and it's not why we lost or anything but I just think it's interesting. During the 52 yd PI on Sherman, I was wondering at the time why the play wasn't blown dead. Bennett jumped and then one of the GB linemen popped up before the snap. By rule, the ref is supposed to whistle and then march off 5 against whoever made the infraction (in this case the D). They totally incorrectly officiated that play. Should have been a 5 yard penalty and re-play the down without the option to take the PI that shouldn't even have happened.

Before I say anything about the refs, let me say that I'm not making any excuses for the lost last night :D

Anyways, not only do I agree with what you wrote in regards to the PI play, once the offensive linemen made any movement the play should be dead.

Then there was the INT and the ensuing fumble was poorly officiated as well and Pete Carroll addressed it today and you could tell he was not happy with it.

Yes, the INT did happened, but then the runner fumbled the ball, whatever happened in that pile after the fumble is fair game and Britt ended up walking away with the ball. Instead, the refs claimed they blew the play dead, downed or whatever and GB still maintained possession. When the hell did they ever ruled a fumble dead? That had a huge impact on the game as there was nearly 7 minutes left to play.

I'm surprised couple of these critical mistakes were not addressed by our fans.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I say anything about the refs, let me say that I'm not making any excuses for the lost last night :D

Anyways, not only do I agree with what you wrote in regards to the PI play, once the offensive linemen made any movement the play should be dead.

Then there was the INT and the ensuing fumble was poorly officiated as well and Pete Carroll addressed it today and you could tell he was not happy with it.

Yes, the INT did happened, but then the runner fumbled the ball, whatever happened in that pile after the fumble is fair game and Britt ended up walking away with the ball. Instead, the refs claimed they blew the play dead, downed or whatever and GB still maintained possession. When the hell did they ever ruled a fumble dead? That had a huge impact on the game as there was nearly 7 minutes left to play.

I'm surprised couple of these critical mistakes were not addressed by our fans.
Yeah, I didn't address the pile up thing because that could have been the ref seeing a GB player recover, then awarding them the ball, and whatever happens after that (e.g. Britt wrestling it away) doesn't really matter. I am unclear on what the ref saw.

But on the PI at the end of the first half, it was just plain improperly officiated..... as in: the refs did not apply the rules correctly.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I didn't address the pile up thing because that could have been the ref seeing a GB player recover, then awarding them the ball, and whatever happens after that (e.g. Britt wrestling it away) doesn't really matter. I am unclear on what the ref saw.

But on the PI at the end of the first half, it was just plain improperly officiated..... as in: the refs did not apply the rules correctly.

It was no doubt an incorrect call and the refs did not get it right so perhaps they need to go back and review them. There are 4 types of fouls at the line of scrimmage. False start, offsides, encroachment, and neutral zone infraction.

By definition, yesterday's offside foul which resulted in a free-play and 52yard PI was a Neutral Zone Infraction as the offside foul by Bennett caused the offensive lineman to false start and a 5 yard penalty should've been assessed as opposed to giving the opposing offense a free-play. Huge difference between a 5 yard penalty vs a 52 yard PI on a free play.

Once again, not complaining about it but the refs clearly got that one wrong.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, did anyone notice Frank Clark on the field at all last night? I didn't, not one time. I'm sure he played, but if he did he was a total non-factor. Pretty much the same for week 1.

It was his legal twitch that caused the false start in the second half, I'm pretty sure. The one where the tackle moved and tried to pin it on Clark jumping into the neutral zone. That's all I remember. But it means Clark's already better than Michael Bennett at something.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were making up for the complete non call when no flag was pulled when there was offsides in the Championship game and Rodgers thought he had a free play that was not given and Sherman got the pick. It all evens out over time :suds:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were making up for the complete non call when no flag was pulled when there was offsides in the Championship game and Rodgers thought he had a free play that was not given and Sherman got the pick. It all evens out over time :suds:
This is true.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine then. No more mention of fail Mary passes.:suds:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think by the end of tonight we may feel a bit better about how we showed up in GB last week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think by the end of tonight we may feel a bit better about how we showed up in GB last week.
Hoping the Packers lay a egg myself, not to hopefully though. I'm still holding on to hope for first seed.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping the Packers lay a egg myself, not to hopefully though. I'm still holding on to hope for first seed.
Of course, me too. But it's not looking good for KC right now, and they may be out of this game before too long whereas we had a 4th qtr lead.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle played tough, just a difficult place to get a win no matter the time of year. Looks like KC might get run out of town by halftime.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle played tough, just a difficult place to get a win no matter the time of year. Looks like KC might get run out of town by halftime.
I got bored with the game last night, but it looks like KC made a slight come back.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like every time i started to watch tiny hands alex smith was taking another sack.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's still plenty of time. GB is increasingly banged up and they aren't known for being road warriors against good teams.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got bored with the game last night, but it looks like KC made a slight come back.

At least they tried in the second half. KC could have rolled over, died and lost by 40.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This didn't really fit anywhere, and I didn't want to start another thread.

"
The Green Bay Packers were not kind to San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick on Sunday.

In total, Kaep threw for just 160 yards, no scores and one interception.

To add insult to ineffectiveness, linebacker Clay Matthews mocked Kaep’s patented bicep-kiss celebration after a third-quarter sack.

And as if that weren't enough, the Packers defensive star could also be heard telling the QB after a short run, “You ain’t Russell Wilson, bruh!”

No—no, he’s not."

Clay Matthews to Colin Kaepernick: 'You Ain't Russell Wilson, Bruh!' | Bleacher Report

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This didn't really fit anywhere, and I didn't want to start another thread.

"
The Green Bay Packers were not kind to San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick on Sunday.

In total, Kaep threw for just 160 yards, no scores and one interception.

To add insult to ineffectiveness, linebacker Clay Matthews mocked Kaep’s patented bicep-kiss celebration after a third-quarter sack.

And as if that weren't enough, the Packers defensive star could also be heard telling the QB after a short run, “You ain’t Russell Wilson, bruh!”

No—no, he’s not."

Clay Matthews to Colin Kaepernick: 'You Ain't Russell Wilson, Bruh!' | Bleacher Report

Nice! Got to love hearing that!