• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bittersweet moment because in my main fantasy football league the Seahawks defense only scored 3 points for my opponent. (He need 6 to win) It's also extra gratifying that he was talking mad shit up to the game. But I would have gladly taken the FFB loss if the game turned out differently.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a helluva lot happier with how the team played today compared to last week... besides some stupid offsides penalties our defense did a solid job overall and was much more disciplined, especially in the secondary... offensivley I thought once we opened up a bit on offense we started having more success... We just need to stop being so ultra conservative all the time, Russ is capable, let him take over more...

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad the Packers escaped with a hard fought win but I couldn't help but ask myself about 50 times, When the hell are they going to pass to Graham?

What a waste of a damn good talent

Hang in there. The Hawks are too good of a team for any of their fans to give up on them now.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a helluva lot happier with how the team played today compared to last week... besides some stupid offsides penalties our defense did a solid job overall and was much more disciplined, especially in the secondary... offensivley I thought once we opened up a bit on offense we started having more success... We just need to stop being so ultra conservative all the time, Russ is capable, let him take over more...

I agree, you don't pay a QB 20+ million dollars to be conservative. I understand if it was during his rookie and sophomore seasons but this is getting way too old. The Seahawks offense are at its best when Russell Wilson takes matter into his own hands and start scrambling, this opens up nearly all aspect of the game and we are able to move the ball a lot better.

Once again, I still cannot express this enough... the focus this week should be on how we are going to get the ball to Jimmy Graham. I believe we will be OK in this regards, but it as to be ASAP! We traded a 1st rounder and a pro-bowler to get him to waste his talent like this the first two games.

I struggled to understand why they couldn't find him in the preseason and assumed it was b/c of the vanilla offense they played, but it's apparent now that they are still trying to find out how to use him. The Saints way to utilizing Graham is that he is technically "open" if it's one-on-one coverage. The offense need to take a hard look at this.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad the Packers escaped with a hard fought win but I couldn't help but ask myself about 50 times, When the hell are they going to pass to Graham?

What a waste of a damn good talent

Hang in there. The Hawks are too good of a team for any of their fans to give up on them now.

I think everyone is asking the same question. Why do we even trade for Graham if he is only going to be a blocker?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone is asking the same question. Why do we even trade for Graham if he is only going to be a blocker?

and not a very good blocker at that

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and not a very good blocker at that

It was completely ridiculous that a back-up TE had more targets than Jimmy Graham did. It was a struggle last week as well because they didn't really get to him until the second half.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About what I expected from the game. Thought we would be able to run a little bit better, but I'm not surprised at all that GB loaded up against the run and/or had a much better showing there than last week -- it's what NFL teams do.

Not time to panic. Two tough road matchups to start things off, and we fell just a bit short in both. We'll get right over these next two weeks at home.

One thing I'm going to keep an eye on though is Lynch. I know our line is not good and teams are focusing more on stopping him than other parts of our O, but he gave us just about nothing last night and wasn't anything special in week 1.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, you don't pay a QB 20+ million dollars to be conservative. I understand if it was during his rookie and sophomore seasons but this is getting way too old. The Seahawks offense are at its best when Russell Wilson takes matter into his own hands and start scrambling, this opens up nearly all aspect of the game and we are able to move the ball a lot better.

Once again, I still cannot express this enough... the focus this week should be on how we are going to get the ball to Jimmy Graham. I believe we will be OK in this regards, but it as to be ASAP! We traded a 1st rounder and a pro-bowler to get him to waste his talent like this the first two games.

I struggled to understand why they couldn't find him in the preseason and assumed it was b/c of the vanilla offense they played, but it's apparent now that they are still trying to find out how to use him. The Saints way to utilizing Graham is that he is technically "open" if it's one-on-one coverage. The offense need to take a hard look at this.

Yep, Jimmy needs to get involved ... We can't rely on the ultra conservative approach every game ...

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Jimmy needs to get involved ... We can't rely on the ultra conservative approach every game ...

Look what happened in the 3rd quarter when they let Wilson be well Wilson, he made things happen either with his arm or his legs. Maybe they should try and let that happen all game long.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look what happened in the 3rd quarter when they let Wilson be well Wilson, he made things happen either with his arm or his legs. Maybe they should try and let that happen all game long.

Yep. This is his fourth year in the NFL. Time to give the GB the reigns of the offense.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont be too hopeful that the idiot bevell will figure out how to use a 6 foot 7 giant at te. He wont.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True... If they start doing that the run will be there, right now teams are hell bent on stuffing Lynch..

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont be too hopeful that the idiot bevell will figure out how to use a 6 foot 7 giant at te. He wont.

I just read that they called several plays that would go to Graham, but said plays didn't workout that way.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sucks, but ultimately we will be alright.
Based on what?

They have no defense when they need to keep a lead, they don't use the receivers that they need at certain times, they're an absolute MESS right now.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what?

They have no defense when they need to keep a lead, they don't use the receivers that they need at certain times, they're an absolute MESS right now.

Based on the fact that they started slow last year and were strong down the stretch and I feel like that will happen this year. Also I'm not going to freak out over a loss in Green Bay or a place where they always struggle in St. Louis.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that they called several plays that would go to Graham, but said plays didn't workout that way.

They'll say anything at this point. Fact of the matter is, he has done more blocking than trying to get him the ball He's a big target so how hard is it to get him the ball on one-on-one coverage? That's an issue. Should he be upset? Absolutely.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya and the onside kick was an accident. Its called smoke and its all up your ass right now.

What i saw was graham blocking the going two yards deep multiple times. That is a complete waste of his talent.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. This is his fourth year in the NFL. Time to give the GB the reigns of the offense.
I think negotiating Lynch's ego this season is going to be a challenge. I'm becoming more and more convinced that what we're seeing right now is the transition from "running team" to "put it on RW" and that's not going to sit well with the Beast. ML has had a great run here, but I'm starting to think the quicker we move on from him, the better off we will be. Not saying we should just cut him or anything, but he's gonna be butt hurt this year, bank on it.