• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot I may have to join this train. Why didn't we use Graham?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot I may have to join this train. Why didn't we use Graham?

Saw him lined up with Luke Willson on a couple of series and while Willson was downfield, Graham stayed behind to do the blocking. Yup, that's how we've been using him the past couple of games.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUC MAN we are only 0-2 calm down...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to be 0-2 but if they take care of business at home this season they should be fine. I actually thought the defense played alright tonight. Shead was decent in place of Kam. Playing on the road against Rodgers when your offense couldn't move the ball in the first and fourth quarters...well it could have been a lot worse. Don't understand why they rushed three so often there at the end, but whatever.

It'll get better after a few home games. Offense got in rhythm there for awhile but just couldn't keep it going.
Jimmy Graham with 1 reception for 11 yards though? Gotta do something about that shit.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that it sucks to be 0-2, and it's very easy to overreact. Also the whole thing with Graham will workout in the end, plus he isn't a headcase like Harvin was. If by week 10 things haven't improved then freak out.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to start getting Graham down field.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay lost 3 key guys during the game, otherwise we would've easily lost by 17+

Disagree. Starks seems to always run better against Seattle than Lacy. I knew that wasn't going to affect them much when he went down. Adams eventually came back. I doubt it changes too much if nobody gets injured.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh the next few games look winnable. Lions aren't the same without Suh/Fairly and Bears are a hot mess right now. We had a TOUGH road start. @ St. Louis where their line makes ours look like Swiss cheese and Bengals at home should favor us.

2-2 is a little bit of a rough start but do-able. Graham has been blocking a lot... would've really been nice to try and secure a better blocking TE. Zach Miller despite always being out was a really good blocker. We can probably rebound.

Turnovers really hurt us tonight. We came out the 2nd half doing really well. The 12 man on the field during that 1st TD was a killer too. I think we'll still be okay. Packers away, great team... they wanted revenge, not a surprise we lost this one. I was HOPING we'd finish the first road series 1-1 but after losing to the Rams it was a stretch.

Lots of games left to be played.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus fuckin' christ guys RELAX. It;s game 2. IT WILL GET BETTER!

People said " relax it's only preseason who cares if they have not shown anything", now two games in it's "relax it will get better". Preseason showed us everything we needed to know. Will it get better? yes but they are still playing no better than they did in preseason.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quote Aaron Rodgers "R.E.L.A.X". They started the same way last year and very nearly went to the superbowl.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People said " relax it's only preseason who cares if they have not shown anything", now two games in it's "relax it will get better". Preseason showed us everything we needed to know. Will it get better? yes but they are still playing no better than they did in preseason.

I just get tired of overreactions, it's almost comical.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times did we blitz in that game? Anybody keep track? Just curious because it was frustrating seeing Rodgers sidestep the three man rush al night.

Graham - 1 catch for 11 yards. Thats not going to cut it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just get tired of overreactions, it's almost comical.

thing is there is no "OVERREACTIONS", people have a right to be upset as the Seahawks are beating themselves with stupid fouls, bad play calling and untimely turnovers, They look like crap right now just like they did in the preseason. they are showing a trait all ready this preseason AND regular season of not using Graham who in my eye if used more in both the Rams and Green bay games could have changed the outcome.

I just am not screaming and all pissed off like some of the Hawk posters because i saw this coming this preseason when they showed they had the worst offensive line in the NFL and couldn't score any TD with the first unit until they were faced against 2's and 3's in the Raider game .

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing is there is no "OVERREACTIONS", people have a right to be upset as the Seahawks are beating themselves with stupid fouls, bad play calling and untimely turnovers, They look like crap right now just like they did in the preseason. they are showing a trait all ready this preseason AND regular season of not using Graham who in my eye if used more in both the Rams and Green bay games could have changed the outcome.

They don't look great right now, and they are definitely not using Graham well. No doubt about that, and I am worried. But I'm not going to panic unless they lay a big turd next week against Chicago at home.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to be 0-2 but if they take care of business at home this season they should be fine. I actually thought the defense played alright tonight. Shead was decent in place of Kam. Playing on the road against Rodgers when your offense couldn't move the ball in the first and fourth quarters...well it could have been a lot worse. Don't understand why they rushed three so often there at the end, but whatever.

It'll get better after a few home games. Offense got in rhythm there for awhile but just couldn't keep it going.
Jimmy Graham with 1 reception for 11 yards though? Gotta do something about that shit.

Pretty much agree.

I do have to question our offensive strategy these days. We take the best our opponent can offer in the first half, adjust at half time, and usually win. A great strategy when you have an elite defense...but are we still elite? We're still good. Probably very good. Maybe even excellent. But elite? Not so sure right now. I really think we need to take a hard look at how we come into games. Open things up a bit and take some pressure off the defense until they get their house in order.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looked bad against an already beat up GB team

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the offense to sputter early on, get going out of desparation, then sputter again when the game is on the line.

wow looks like I was spot on. this is the bevell formula folks. until he is gone it will continue to be this way. this team has won because of our defense not our offense. wilson is a good QB but our offense sputters and stutters because there is no rhythm or sense to it.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey great game am sitting on a bus stuck in traffic on the way home from the game. I was thinking Lacy was going oit rush beastmode but I was wrong on that. was hoping for a td on the last score to make it 31 - 17 since I predicted 31 - 16 back in the smack thread.