• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, just need to have him not involved in the draft. He actually coaches pretty good.
You do know that he's a massive board troll that is also sporting a Panthers icon right? Waste of time to try to reach him.

As for everyone else, the season is over. Easy to sit and pick at how this game ended up and every decision in it, but they didn't do what needed to be done against a dangerous team. They took an entire half of football off and came up short on the bounce back.

They are still a top 5 team in the league. They have a core of young players able to take them places. That hasn't changed. That won't change over the off season. They do have problems and do need to make some changes, but we can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

KR needs to go IMO. Carroll is the defensive mind of the team, but he has too many things going on to actually call plays and KR really didn't do a good job of that this year. The in game adjustments were terrible. Something that was glaring compared to the defense of prior years. The plans were still fairly solid which shows Carroll's input, but they gave up way too many close games they wouldn't have in prior years.

Cable was an easy target early on, but the line did come together and I'm not sure how much of the taking so many young guys at once and trying to turn them into linemen was his fault, and how much of it was just that's all the cap room left for them when they overspent on other position groups. For now I wouldn't do anything with him, but someone keep him from making personnel decisions please.

Bevell is always most people's low lying fruit / easy target, but when Lynch and Rawls went down and they lost Graham and he was allowed to open up the offense it shined and shined big. Carroll is the reason you don't get the dynamic passing so many of you blame on Bevell and that's just as plain as day to me. Getting rid of him does nothing to help your team.

Lynch is done. He's probably going to announce his retirement before the SB. Should we all be wrong given that he's always been unpredictable you at least bring him in if the price is right, but better have backup plans solidified if you do. If Rawls is everyone's choice for feature back going into next year then I hope you all get what you think you are getting. I'd still like to see them go after a solid running threat. This team is built around it. It's not a minor component.

Irvin is probably gone. Kam is likely gone. Are Bennett or Avril going to be problems in keeping? Mebane gone? Some big pieces to be losing all at once. While they are looking at KR and his problems, now you are rebuilding a substantial part of that unit.

Okung MUST FUCKING GO. It's time to move on. Stop wasting time on a guy that can't stay healthy and isn't a pro bowl caliber LT even when healthy.

Really running back and Online depth are the only things I'm terribly concerned with for next year on the offense. Graham will be back and maybe Richardson makes a comeback. They have weapons to win with on that unit. Just need to get Wilson some damned protection.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
against teams WITH A PULSE.

oh, and Hawks also got SWEPT by the Rams.
Thank you Captain Obvious, but you didn't specify whether the team had a pulse, did you? You said, or implied they didn't put more than one complete game together. Come on man, own your words.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that he's a massive board troll that is also sporting a Panthers icon right? Waste of time to try to reach him.

As for everyone else, the season is over. Easy to sit and pick at how this game ended up and every decision in it, but they didn't do what needed to be done against a dangerous team. They took an entire half of football off and came up short on the bounce back.

They are still a top 5 team in the league. They have a core of young players able to take them places. That hasn't changed. That won't change over the off season. They do have problems and do need to make some changes, but we can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

KR needs to go IMO. Carroll is the defensive mind of the team, but he has too many things going on to actually call plays and KR really didn't do a good job of that this year. The in game adjustments were terrible. Something that was glaring compared to the defense of prior years. The plans were still fairly solid which shows Carroll's input, but they gave up way too many close games they wouldn't have in prior years.

Cable was an easy target early on, but the line did come together and I'm not sure how much of the taking so many young guys at once and trying to turn them into linemen was his fault, and how much of it was just that's all the cap room left for them when they overspent on other position groups. For now I wouldn't do anything with him, but someone keep him from making personnel decisions please.

Bevell is always most people's low lying fruit / easy target, but when Lynch and Rawls went down and they lost Graham and he was allowed to open up the offense it shined and shined big. Carroll is the reason you don't get the dynamic passing so many of you blame on Bevell and that's just as plain as day to me. Getting rid of him does nothing to help your team.

Lynch is done. He's probably going to announce his retirement before the SB. Should we all be wrong given that he's always been unpredictable you at least bring him in if the price is right, but better have backup plans solidified if you do. If Rawls is everyone's choice for feature back going into next year then I hope you all get what you think you are getting. I'd still like to see them go after a solid running threat. This team is built around it. It's not a minor component.

Irvin is probably gone. Kam is likely gone. Are Bennett or Avril going to be problems in keeping? Mebane gone? Some big pieces to be losing all at once. While they are looking at KR and his problems, now you are rebuilding a substantial part of that unit.

Okung MUST FUCKING GO. It's time to move on. Stop wasting time on a guy that can't stay healthy and isn't a pro bowl caliber LT even when healthy.

Really running back and Online depth are the only things I'm terribly concerned with for next year on the offense. Graham will be back and maybe Richardson makes a comeback. They have weapons to win with on that unit. Just need to get Wilson some damned protection.

Will I know I don't think of him as a Seahawk fan, but I try to be tolerant. Unless others shout for him to be gone I'll put up with him.

Also I don't know about letting Okung walk. Yeah he under performs for a high draft pick, but servicable LT are nearly as hard to find as QBs.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality is, we lost to a 15-1 team who had HFO, 31-24... Perspective is lost quite often w/ passionate fans...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will I know I don't think of him as a Seahawk fan, but I try to be tolerant. Unless others shout for him to be gone I'll put up with him.

Also I don't know about letting Okung walk. Yeah he under performs for a high draft pick, but servicable LT are nearly as hard to find as QBs.
Droider is a massive troll on the CFB boards. Didn't suggest he did anything wrong here. Just pointing out he's a known troll that is sporting a Panther icon so he's not really interested in Seahawk talk.

Okung has cost this team games. Both by being injury prone and forcing us into backups often, and by being dominated by some teams when he is in the game.

I guess there can be a debate up here all this off season as to whether it's better to hold onto the guy that's somewhat holding us back in lieu of taking a risk on developing the next guy, but I'll be on record as saying I'd be very much in favor of trying to improve in that slot.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality is, we lost to a 15-1 team who had HFO, 31-24... Perspective is lost quite often w/ passionate fans...
Reality is you came into a game in back to back weeks on the road at 10am and looked like you weren't ready to play and couldn't work the same magic that has bailed them out of so many bad starts throughout their run.

You can't spot any team in the NFL 31 unanswered points and expect to win. Their failure came on all 3 phases of the game and included the coaches. It was a total and complete collapse.

Coming back after a team more or less switches it off and goes into prevent mode is not really that impressive. Holding the defending NFC champs to no points in the first half when the game was actually being played while scoring 31 of your own is impressive.

This team sucked ass today. That's the reality.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think all of us are in favor of improving that slot, but dang hard to do drafting in the spot the Seahawks will have and that's the problem. From what I heard the plan is to switch Gilliam from RG to LG if Okung leaves. I don't find that appealing or a up grade at all.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality is you came into a game in back to back weeks on the road at 10am and looked like you weren't ready to play and couldn't work the same magic that has bailed them out of so many bad starts throughout their run.

You can't spot any team in the NFL 31 unanswered points and expect to win. Their failure came on all 3 phases of the game and included the coaches. It was a total and complete collapse.

Coming back after a team more or less switches it off and goes into prevent mode is not really that impressive. Holding the defending NFC champs to no points in the first half when the game was actually being played while scoring 31 of your own is impressive.

I feel this kind of game and season will make us a better team next year... The leadership, tenacity, relentlessness this team shows each and every game is second to none, which is why I'm not concerned with the fact of us not being able to be one of the better teams in the league... We sucked in the 1st half, that is it... What we showed in the second half, is a building block for us next season imo...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seahawks lost, it was to a good team. Frustrating that they didn't have their A game from the get go, instead they brought their F game for the first half, all season the Seahawks seemed flawed this year. We've gotten spoiled with their success and find this hard to take , but a lot of other fan of teams would love to have the same season. It really was to much to expect the playoff run the Seahawks have had to continue without some speed bumps like this year happening. Let's just hope things get addressed and next is a better year.