• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same story all year, Hawks never played 4 quality quarters

most games they played 1.5 or 2 good qtrs max

bad coaching this year, team wasn't prepared or motivated

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m proud of how the Seahawks fought back! ... I feel a helluva lot better with the heart they showed...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Cards. Knock that shit eating grin right off Cam's juvenile little face.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao... Exactly right? This is why you take points when you can. The missed fg and the 4th down call was dumb dumb dumbbb

Agreed.... I"m just a big fan of taking the points early even if your behind... It all adds up in the end...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the Broncos/Steelers game is a good one...

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good comeback .... we needed every one of those 1st half points. I 'bout hit the roof on that TD Norman tipped.

droider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree, 110%

how could you disagree? outside of the meaningless Arizona game, the team never could string together a complete game performance.

Hawks were down 10-14 points in at least half of their games this season and the team wouldn't start waking up until after that. same thing happened today but this time it was a 31 point difference.

i attribute that to coaching and schemes. what other conclusion can one draw?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it. Give the Seahawks credit for battling back, even if they came up short.
Credit? Fk that. They dig themselves in holes all year long to see if they could climb out of them. They took a bite more than they could chew today. I have no doubt they will win if they didnt look like a retarded horse out of the gate

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw 31-0 at Church and got home to watch the last 24 scored by the Hawks. It was what I wanted to see, a team that didn't give up.

I'm still stunned at seeing 31-0, but I'll go watch the 1st half later this week.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, every one of those is part of this game. They had to make decisions at the time based on facts AT THAT TIME. Of course 3 would be good now, but they didn't have the luxury of knowing that at that time. All they knew then was NOTHING at all was working in any phase and they needed to try to make something happen. It's lame to now blame them for not having the vision to know the future. No coach ever has that on his play sheet.
Disagreed. If pete truly believes that his team is capable of coming back in the second half, he needs to take those points. The game was still early at the time of that decision.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit? Fk that. They dig themselves in holes all year long to see if they could climb out of them. They took a bite more than they could chew today. I have no doubt they will win if they didnt look like a retarded horse out of the gate
To be honest this squad had some major weakness. The OL and covering TE to name a couple. I actually think the Seahawks did well to have come as far as they had. The Panthers have only lose one game all year and have looked good all year, they were the better team. Hopefully things get addressed this off season. I think they will.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude go to the nfl forums with shit like that.

We never gave up. We played our hearts out and we were a couple plays from tying it. Im proud for the team for how hard we fought.

You sir show none

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this game reminded me of the Atlanta divisional game in 2013. Pete didn't take the points in the 1st half and it cost them the game vs atlanta. Look at the bright side though, Seattle won the superbowl the next season. Maybe next season will be better for us.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how could you disagree? outside of the meaningless Arizona game, the team never could string together a complete game performance.

Hawks were down 10-14 points in at least half of their games this season and the team wouldn't start waking up until after that. same thing happened today but this time it was a 31 point difference.

i attribute that to coaching and schemes. what other conclusion can one draw?
Really could never string together a complete game performance? First Minnesota game, Bears game, Browns, Ravens, 49'ers, but I understand everyone has their own criteria and expectations levels, no matter how ridiculous they may be.

Did the team underachieve? Probably, though there are reasons for this. Being the hunted, playing more games than any other team the last three seasons, a OL which neded time to gel, but despite all these things, I still say the future is bright and our SB window has far from been shut. I won't be surprised to see the team respond well after Lynch is let go, and I'll admit, it may be for the best because for the most part he showed a warriors mentality during the games. Can't wait for the draft and see more magic from the Front Office.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagreed. If pete truly believes that his team is capable of coming back in the second half, he needs to take those points. The game was still early at the time of that decision.
I disagree. Pete felt the Seahawks could score a TD, a FG seemed weak, as in at least we didn't get shut out. It was a amazing try at a come back, I didn't actually expect it. On to next year, the team has a great core just need to tweak a few things. Just think if Rawls hadn't got injuried, could of made a difference. He'll be back next year, keep improving the OL. Think they need to resign their OL and add in the draft to make the OL good.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm proud that they battled to the end too. They never gave up, even if some of us did. 31 points just was too deep of a hole. IMO the second half is more of an indication of how these teams stack up than the first, but I am also incredibly biased. Good season Seahawks. Looking forward to seeing you guys kick some ass again next year.

droider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really could never string together a complete game performance? First Minnesota game, Bears game, Browns, Ravens, 49'ers, but I understand everyone has their own criteria and expectations levels, no matter how ridiculous they may be.

Did the team underachieve? Probably, though there are reasons for this. Being the hunted, playing more games than any other team the last three seasons, a OL which neded time to gel, but despite all these things, I still say the future is bright and our SB window has far from been shut. I won't be surprised to see the team respond well after Lynch is let go, and I'll admit, it may be for the best because for the most part he showed a warriors mentality during the games. Can't wait for the draft and see more magic from the Front Office.

against teams WITH A PULSE.

oh, and Hawks also got SWEPT by the Rams.

droider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Pete felt the Seahawks could score a TD, a FG seemed weak, as in at least we didn't get shut out. It was a amazing try at a come back, I didn't actually expect it. On to next year, the team has a great core just need to tweak a few things. Just think if Rawls hadn't got injuried, could of made a difference. He'll be back next year, keep improving the OL. Think they need to resign their OL and add in the draft to make the OL good.

and Cable needs to be fired in the process