• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree that the offense gets the most blame for this tie

Hmm, pretty sure they get all the blame.

For Seattle's D to come in and shut out a top 10 offense with special teams plays and Seattle sporting a top 10 worst offensive performance in franchise history up until the end of the game/OT is pretty remarkable.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, pretty sure they get all the blame.

For Seattle's D to come in and shut out a top 10 offense with special teams plays and Seattle sporting a top 10 worst offensive performance in franchise history up until the end of the game/OT is pretty remarkable.
I'm gonna put some of the blame on a kicker that misses a 27 yard field goal. He doesn't get a pass for that.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that D played as well as you could have ever asked them to. The TOP was crazy. How they didn't end up gassed and giving up the game winner down the stretch says so much about that unit. No communications problems and they looked sharp.

It's that damned O line.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna put some of the blame on a kicker that misses a 27 yard field goal. He doesn't get a pass for that.

Sure. If Seattle was an elite team though and 100% SBOWL bound it should've never come to that. Seattle probably put on a top 5 defensive single season performance tonight... yet we nearly lost, several times.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O hadn't crossed mid field on their own until the late seconds of the 4th quarter.

This is the worst offense we have seen in the Wilson era. Little of it is Wilson's injuries and overall play. Little of it is not having that stud RB anymore. And a LOT of it is that garbage line.

We should NEVER have been in a situation that required a FG to win it.

And he's always had issues kicking on this field for some reason. Why you kick it on 2nd down with time still on the clock? That's on Carroll.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just atrocious play on all ends.

How Arizona's D plays that well and Arizona is still into OT via special teams is atrocious.
How Seattle's D plays that well and Seattle is still into OT via crap offense is atrocious.

About the only certain thing, is Minnesota+Arizona+Seattle should make one HELL of a boring game according to announcers in the NFL. I SWEAR I hope these 3 teams make it along with.. I dunno, give me PHILLY or something who gets pounded?

Basically if Minny/Seattle/Arizona are the class of the NFC and all suck offensively/STEAMS but are great defensively I'll be laughing my ass off while the NFL tries to write something other than, "RODGERS AND BRADY OFMOZMGOMFGFF!!!"

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizard, he just saw Ariens make the mistake of not kicking it sooner, the Football gods had determined that this game was going to be a tie and no coach or kicker or Great D by each team was going to change that. Most Bizzarre Game I've ever seen. And then the opening half hour of Walking Dead made it a double OMG evening.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we all knew that it was going to be new tackle(s) next year and the year after anyway.

Good D's are going to eat our lunch until Russ gets his mobility back.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizard, he just saw Ariens make the mistake of not kicking it sooner, the Football gods had determined that this game was going to be a tie and no coach or kicker or Great D by each team was going to change that. Most Bizzarre Game I've ever seen. And then the opening half hour of Walking Dead made it a double OMG evening.
I record TWD and watch it later. Don't spoil it. :lol:

I never watch those when they air. Love FF through commercials.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kearse snagged that ball down the sideline in OT, i was sure you all had it in the bag

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kearse snagged that ball down the sideline in OT, i was sure you all had it in the bag
I was sure we were going to lose before I was maybe sure we were going to lose and then was sure we had a chance to win before another sure we were going to lose only to get jacked up for a miracle win and laughed when he shanked that thing.

Such a crazy game.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. Fucking. Game.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling joe thomas.....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just atrocious play on all ends.

How Arizona's D plays that well and Arizona is still into OT via special teams is atrocious.
How Seattle's D plays that well and Seattle is still into OT via crap offense is atrocious.

About the only certain thing, is Minnesota+Arizona+Seattle should make one HELL of a boring game according to announcers in the NFL. I SWEAR I hope these 3 teams make it along with.. I dunno, give me PHILLY or something who gets pounded?

Basically if Minny/Seattle/Arizona are the class of the NFC and all suck offensively/STEAMS but are great defensively I'll be laughing my ass off while the NFL tries to write something other than, "RODGERS AND BRADY OFMOZMGOMFGFF!!!"

Personally I love low scoring defensive games... I despise shoot-outs where teams just march up and down the field on each other... Some of the penalties got frustrating for sure, but overall I appreciated both teams playing solid defense...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CaptainRecon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense played their ass off. Pretty fucking obvious the oline needs some fucking help.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case no one else has said it. First tie in Seahawks history. Until this game - Seattle had been the longest tenured franchise without a tie, no longer....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I know everyone is in love with the defense right now, but aren't we giving a little too much praise to a unit that gave up 440 yards of offense? I mean, I know the offense was a steaming pile for much of the game, but the defense didn't do themselves any favors all night long. Whether it be not getting off the field on 3rd down (10-21) or stupid penalties that gave the Cards chunks of yards (and first downs), our defense constantly gave Arizona boosts. The only credit the defense deserves right now is that they kept the Cards out of the end zone, which they did.

Arizona was the reason Arizona lost. If Arians doesn't get cute with the 4th down in the red zone, and just kicks the field goal - chances are the worst they are looking at right now is a 6-3 win in regulation.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I know everyone is in love with the defense right now, but aren't we giving a little too much praise to a unit that gave up 440 yards of offense? I mean, I know the offense was a steaming pile for much of the game, but the defense didn't do themselves any favors all night long. Whether it be not getting off the field on 3rd down (10-21) or stupid penalties that gave the Cards chunks of yards (and first downs), our defense constantly gave Arizona boosts. The only credit the defense deserves right now is that they kept the Cards out of the end zone, which they did.

Arizona was the reason Arizona lost. If Arians doesn't get cute with the 4th down in the red zone, and just kicks the field goal - chances are the worst they are looking at right now is a 6-3 win in regulation.

Easy

Look at the WHOLE PICTURE. AZ had the ball for 46+ minutes, 14 minutes less than a FULL GAME for Both teams and we are only talking ONE TEAM. They also had 90 plays. AZ was 0-2 in the redzone. ( so was Seattle ). The ONLY reason they had so many yards is because of the time they had the ball. They would do little to nothing with it when they had it but just a tiny bit more than Seattle did when they had it on O. 4.9 yards per play to 4.5 yards per play.

Johnson had 113 yards on 33 carried but hold on 33 carries? Well if a team has one RB with 33 carries and the whole team had 37 carries then they must have thrown the ball only 20 times right? try 49 times.

The defense was on the field for damn near 2 games worth of time ( average against Seattle is 27min) When the Cards had 32 minutes of ToP they only had 260 total yards.

Yes the Defense played lights out for as much as the offense put them on the field.