• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

Russell Wilson -
Russell's amazing production continues, despite not having the full use of his athleticism. He's on pace for a career high in yardage, and he still has just 1 interception thrown this season. His scoring passes have been down thus far this season, but he's only 1 behind last year at this time. Arizona was the last team to hold him to under 200 yards passing in the regular season - but he threw 3 TDs that game. Since losing his first career start in Arizona, Wilson has dominated there (57-88 771 8-0 in 3 games).

C.J. Prosise - Hard to believe that a RB that has little playing time would be on here, but bear with me. Spiller was brought in to fill the hole that Prosise's injury created, but other than that early touchdown, he's just been horrible. Dropping passes and missed assignments. With Russell depending on the running backs more and more in the passing game - nearly 8 targets a game - having Prosise back could be a huge boon for the offense.

Richard Sherman - There has been a lot in the media about Sherman's outburst on the sidelines last week, and the miscommunication that caused the 2 touchdowns, but Sherman is still one of the best. Look for Sherman to be super aggressive this game - as 1/4 of his career picks have come against Arizona.

Negatives:

David Johnson -
This dude is as versitile as they come. He runs well, catches passes well and even blocks well. He has been a nightmare for opposing defenses since he came into the league, and even more so this season, now that he isn't splitting carries with Chris Johnson. Someone will have to have an eye on him whenever he is on the field, don't let him hurt you - if the Hawks can take him away - the Cardinals are in serious trouble.

Double 10 - Arizona is the first real test the Hawks will have. They are ranked in the top 10 in both offense and defense, so they play both sides of the ball extremely well. As long as they can keep their own turnovers down - they are a dangerous team to face. With 10 turnovers in the last 2 losses and 0 in each of their wins - the formula is to make them lose the ball and keep it yourself, cause they've cause at least 1 turnover in each game and have 14 overall. I know, it's earth shattering stuff.

Cam Chancellor - I like McCray and think that he's a better pass defender than Chancellor is overall, but Chancellor's hitting had been back on track this season, and the intimidation factor that brought to the table just isn't there when he's out.

Overview:

No match ups today. This is the matchup of 2 preseason Super Bowl contenders who haven't really had good starts to the season (despite Seattle's 4-1 record). Both teams need the win today - Seattle to have a nice cushion going into their most difficult stretch of the season, Arizona to avoid falling 3 1/3 games back in the division and a losing record. Look for this to be a hard fought - hard hitting slugfest, as both teams will be looking to establish dominance. Away teams have had the advantage in these matchups - with Seattle being particularly dominate in Arizona.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

Cam Chancellor - I like McCray and think that he's a better pass defender than Chancellor is overall, but Chancellor's hitting had been back on track this season, and the intimidation factor that brought to the table just isn't there when he's out.

I also think Chancellor is going to prevent any miscommunications that occurred during the ALT game. Also F the rams. Lose to everyone else but SEA. Ow well helps us in the end.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought chancellor was ruled out

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be quieter for the defense playing an away game. Maybe that will help with the communication issues.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought chancellor was ruled out

Yes, he is. That's why it's a negative, he isn't playing. Which I should have stated instead of just inferred, as I can see how it looks like I am saying he is playing.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that was a push off... refs gotta start calling receivers for pushing off...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read option when Wilson is healthy? Sure. Read option when Wilson has a bum knee and ankle? No

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like karma is collecting our bebt from last week. Should have been a facemask.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what, as the "Glass 1/2 Full Guy" I say at 4-1 we have having great success with RW being injured and CC and TR being Out.

Bring it Hawks.

Let's see where we are on week 12.

8-4?
9-3?
6-6?

or Better.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Sherman, Fitzgerald did not have that first down.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gah, wtf has happened to our offense?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00