• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle D vs. our D

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone worried that Seattle D basically stayed intact this past offseason, has 2 quality young safeties, and it's pretty good across the board (also very young).

At the same time our D seems to be going through a transition.

My biggest worry is our D loses ground to Seattle's, and Seattle's becomes even better. We may be then leaning on Kaep to be a miracle worker to beat the Seahawks.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldson was big hitter but how many times did he look bad in coverage? Sop and RJF are not big losses I think. Just wait and see

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if we kept this 2012 defense intact, we might've lost more ground? we can't keep thinking this is the 2011 unit. just by reading this board you can tell some of these guys didn't play up to 2011.

with more draft picks to work with, near future cap concerns, a deep draft class (not top heavy), this would be the time to infuse young talent. granted, there is an argument for "built for now".

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if we kept this 2012 defense intact, we might've lost more ground? we can't keep thinking this is the 2011 unit. just by reading this board you can tell some of these guys didn't play up to 2011.

with more draft picks to work with, near future cap concerns, a deep draft class (not top heavy), this would be the time to infuse young talent. granted, there is an argument for "built for now".

Is the QB position also in need of an infusion in young talent? :laugh3:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

my point is to draft the most talent you can. ie look at the prospects and get value. Need is there but not the larger factor, expecially for QB.

whereas you're missing it, you're just looking at pure Need.

don't mind if your opinion differs, thats the message board, but at least get it right. anyway, thanks for trying.

All8up

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Avril to that defense.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it's not really about our D vs. their D. It's about our O vs. their D. Our O-line is still the biggest and baddest in the league and our games with Seattle will come down to how well we run the ball vs them. They have a great secondary but their LBs are avg, and while their Dline is good they will probably lose Branch. I'm not worried about scoring points against them...I think we're built well for that as long as we come in with a good game plan and stick to the run/play action. I'm more worried about our D vs. their O. Wilson is very crafty and we don't do well against mobile QBs. It's going to be huge for us to bring pressure, especially up the middle where we can get in his face and exploit his lack of height - Brooks and Aldon can contain the outside. That's why I'd love to see us bring in Seymour and draft a stud so we can provide some sort of rotation to keep our guys fresh. The interior pass rush will be crucial.

Our last game with Seattle was a product of their stadium noise, their confidence, our injuries/lethargy, and their excellent game plan (hate to give credit to that d***). I don't see that happening again as long as we improve our pass rush or at least make sure our D-line is fresh/rested/injury free as the season goes on. I think both games should be tight and I see us splitting just like last year.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my point is to draft the most talent you can. ie look at the prospects and get value. Need is there but not the larger factor, expecially for QB.

don't mind if your opinion differs, thats the message board, but at least get it right. anyway, thanks for trying.

Gezus Dude - Do you ever just answer someones question? The question seems fairly elementary - "Is the QB position also in need of an infusion in young talent?"

According to you Baltimore and every team in the league should be looking to draft a FQB prospect before anything else regardless of whether they already have a FQB or not.

Suggesting that teams look for talent is tantamount to saying GM's should be looking to draft only male players. Every GM is looking for talent with every single pick in every single draft.

Why do you not know this or why are you not able to understand that if you already have a young FQB then you DO NOT draft another one. And, according to you, another one and another one and another one and another one!

At some point you kind of have to look at other positions Deep - at some point Need trumps drafting a FQB unless of course a FQB is what you NEED.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I like Seattle's secondary way better than ours but I like our front 7 way better than theirs.

Still too early to compare D's though because FA isn't over yet and we still might swing a move to bolster our secondary.

Also the draft is going to play a big role as well and with the number of picks we have it will play a bigger role for us than Seattle. I mean in the 1st two rounds alone we'll pick twice way ahead of Seattle and once a little after them.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

How about answering my damn question, instead of conveniently dodging it.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
having both Smiths healthy makes a HUGE difference for our D. I think it's going to be very interesting to see where our D is at a few years from now...it's crazy how much $$$ we have tied up in our 2 ILBs