• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Denver Broncos

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't want to nitpick "playcalling" but I think in a tight game like that, we need more than 16 runs. Part of that was just the hard time we had converting 3rd downs, and maybe part of it was Denver's run D being very good, but I just really thought it was going to be a much bigger part of the offense than it turned out to be yesterday.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, a disappointing loss to be sure but hardly the end of the world.

We had 3 rookies starting on defense. We had 2 rookies starting or splitting a start on offense..

Which rookies on defense are you referring to? Griffith and Flowers are the only 2 I can think of that started...

Denver had 2 on both sides starting as well...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which rookies on defense are you referring to? Griffith and Flowers are the only 2 I can think of that started...

Denver had 2 on both sides starting as well...

Why do you keep calling him Griffith? It's Griffin.

Rasheem Green was the other rookie.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep calling him Griffith? It's Griffin.

Rasheem Green was the other rookie.

Probably cuz I can't get Robert Griffith out of my head...

I didn't realize that Green started or played much...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Dissly was definitely a very bright spot... Known for his blocking his RAC was incredible yesterday... Excited to see him grow... Reminds me of Zach Miller...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't want to nitpick "playcalling" but I think in a tight game like that, we need more than 16 runs. Part of that was just the hard time we had converting 3rd downs, and maybe part of it was Denver's run D being very good, but I just really thought it was going to be a much bigger part of the offense than it turned out to be yesterday.

Agreed... It seemed like we didn't even try to establish the run... I was looking at that as well... We actually only had 14 rush attempts that were called plays and 33 pass attempts... So about 29% of our plays called were rush attempts... That's no where along the lines of what Pete said he wanted to establish going into this season... We invested in our running game and we only have 14 attempts in a close game on the road? Don't get it...

Our last 3 drives of the game resulted in being sacked on 3rd down... 9 pass attempts and only 2 rush attempts...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... It seemed like we didn't even try to establish the run... I was looking at that as well... We actually only had 14 rush attempts that were called plays and 33 pass attempts... So about 29% of our plays called were rush attempts... That's no where along the lines of what Pete said he wanted to establish going into this season... We invested in our running game and we only have 14 attempts in a close game on the road? Don't get it...

Our last 3 drives of the game resulted in being sacked on 3rd down... 9 pass attempts and only 2 rush attempts...

14 out of 55 rushing attempts to plays is horrible. Maybe Penny wasn't hitting the hole (missing half of training camp, that's understandable) but Carson was running the ball pretty well (until the fumble). Maybe both sides of the ball should just burn the film from the last half of the 4th quarter.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We couldnt establish the running game because of how bad this offense is at starting drives. They always seem to go to 3 and out or even 1 first down then getting off the field. Overall they need to be on the field longer to run more plays.

The defense really missed KJ Wright the Bronco offense was running the ball and there was one TD in particular I believe in the 1st or 2nd quarter because Shaqueem couldnt get there on time. It was the flat pass to the running back. Also there was no pass rush from Jordan, Green, and aside from that 1 sack Clark seemed non existent.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your defense is decent, but that offense was putrid. Horrible. Just bad. Keenum is not the answer.

Putrid? they moved the ball at will in that game. If not for the turnovers that game is an absolute blowout. Keenum beyond the 3 interceptions did just fine and they have weapons on offense plus actually have an OL that looks like it could be the best they have had in years.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to the Denver D. That's without a doubt the best job a team has done keeping him contained in the pocket.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putrid? they moved the ball at will in that game. If not for the turnovers that game is an absolute blowout. Keenum beyond the 3 interceptions did just fine and they have weapons on offense plus actually have an OL that looks like it could be the best they have had in years.

Things are always much better when you can simply discard the bad plays.

Keenum should have 4 interceptions.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not saying he had a good game. I'm saying the offense looks much better than it has in years for the Broncos. They didn't have a single 3 and out in the game. Only team that can say that from yesterday. He for sure has to clean up those interceptions but the offense responded after the turnovers by driving down the field and scoring.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And my issue was more with the use of the word "putrid". Do putrid offenses put up 27 points in a game? That would have ranked as the 5th best offense in football last year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you accept 3 ints at home as part of a leet offense.

Neat.

First int was ENTIRELY on Keenam. Sure, Thomas is a pro bowler that will for sure take advantage of whatever he can, but no decent QB in the league attempts that pass. Period. Earl didn't have to abandon his lane to jump the route. It was very bad.

You can't take 3 ints in a game and lose that game. That's losing to an embarrassingly bad team on that night. Sorry if the facts get in the way.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you accept 3 ints at home as part of a leet offense.

Neat.

First int was ENTIRELY on Keenam. Sure, Thomas is a pro bowler that will for sure take advantage of whatever he can, but no decent QB in the league attempts that pass. Period. Earl didn't have to abandon his lane to jump the route. It was very bad.

You can't take 3 ints in a game and lose that game. That's losing to an embarrassingly bad team on that night. Sorry if the facts get in the way.

Again didn't say they were great or that Keenum had a good game. The offense though still put up 27 points even with 3 interceptions. 2 of those INT's were with them on the edge of being in scoring position. So the Broncos left a lot of points out there. The offense yards wise dominated the Seahawks. They have a lot of new pieces in place such as new OC, QB, RB, 3 new OL, new TE, and are running a lot of rookies in at the WR position. So for a first game of the year I'll take the W and the offense putting up 27 points with so many new pieces of the puzzle.

Sorry if the facts are showing that Seahawks defense could be one of the worst in football. The fact that they gave up 27 points even with getting 3 turnovers should show that unit is in trouble.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the thought behind discounting what the Broncos did on offense. They controlled that game from nearly the very beginning. Nearly had 300 yards in the first half. Ran the ball 32 times for nearly 150. Our defense couldn't keep up most of the game. TOP was more than 10 minutes in their favor.

Yeah, Keenum threw 3 picks. Yeah, those turnovers could hurt if they continue - but history would show that for Keenum that isn't going to happen. His career int % is 2.3. So yeah, there are things they could clean up - but they had their way with us this week - and there isn't any shame in admitting it.

The Broncos offense had a good game with some wrinkles that still need to be ironed out. Overall, I would love the Seahawks to be in their shoes right now (1-0 with 470 yards of offense and only 306 yards given up on defense).

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the thought behind discounting what the Broncos did on offense. They controlled that game from nearly the very beginning. Nearly had 300 yards in the first half. Ran the ball 32 times for nearly 150. Our defense couldn't keep up most of the game. TOP was more than 10 minutes in their favor.

Yeah, Keenum threw 3 picks. Yeah, those turnovers could hurt if they continue - but history would show that for Keenum that isn't going to happen. His career int % is 2.3. So yeah, there are things they could clean up - but they had their way with us this week - and there isn't any shame in admitting it.

The Broncos offense had a good game with some wrinkles that still need to be ironed out. Overall, I would love the Seahawks to be in their shoes right now (1-0 with 470 yards of offense and only 306 yards given up on defense).

Hell, I'd take the Broncs damn o-line right now.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle shot themselves in the foot too many times. RW taking too many sacks, drive killing penalties, little pass rush and not running Carson more. Total team loss that needs to get cleaned up quickly. This was a winnable game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again didn't say they were great or that Keenum had a good game. The offense though still put up 27 points even with 3 interceptions. 2 of those INT's were with them on the edge of being in scoring position. So the Broncos left a lot of points out there. The offense yards wise dominated the Seahawks. They have a lot of new pieces in place such as new OC, QB, RB, 3 new OL, new TE, and are running a lot of rookies in at the WR position. So for a first game of the year I'll take the W and the offense putting up 27 points with so many new pieces of the puzzle.

Sorry if the facts are showing that Seahawks defense could be one of the worst in football. The fact that they gave up 27 points even with getting 3 turnovers should show that unit is in trouble.
And I'm sorry if the point went completely over your head.

I started by saying the seahawks were not going to win 10+ games as many of our base have been saying over the off season. THAT was 100% the point.

Wouldn't that mean obviously I was saying both units were bad? :L FFS, stop being a blind defensive homer. They went up against a totally shit offense and let them score 27 even after being gifted 3 turnovers. That's how I see the game. I honestly don't see that as a good offense that just beat this team and played better. I see it as a complete joke of a defense losing to a sub par offense. There aren't words that can change that view so save it.