• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Seattle go 14-2?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The are one of 4 teams in the NFC I foresee competing for that #1 seed (49ers, Seahawks, Saints & Bucs).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because Russell Wilson is no longer surrounded by a bunch of trash-talking cut-throat teammates...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFCW is gearing up to be the best division in football again. 14-2 is unrealistic. If Wilson is healthy they're gonna be somewhere between 9 and 12 wins.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14-2 is a nice thought but the NFCW is tough and with AZ improving it wouldn't surprise me if they split and go 3-3. Also the D-line still needs to be improved whether it's Clowney coming back which I highly doubt or getting Griffen. A trade for D-line help isn't out of the question. Russ will be Russ but the RBs health are a question even with the addition of Hyde. Right now I would say on paper if no more moves are made, they're a 10 possibly an 11 win team.

I already had them splitting with Arizona. But they play a bunch of mediocre teams and teams they own. And as I said, they do not have to go to SF until week 17. Seattle has not played for the number one seed in a while week 17. That's a big deal. I don't see Seattle losing at home to SF two years in a row.

First we don't even know if they'll play 16 games.

Have to admit I stopped reading after you mentioned SF having the WC locked up. Why wouldn't it be Seattle having the WC locked up and SF taking the division?

At least you got the piece about the Rams correct. Well partially anyway. The Rams screwed themselve's like many of had been saying. They were a flash in the pan. But Seattle needs to take advantage of that over the next few seasons.

Jerseryhawk addressed the rest of the concerns. A lot of unknowns in Seattle right now.

SF can go 7-1 as well against those two divisions, but I don't think they're beating the Saints in NO two years straight. SF also gets more screwed by the schedule because they could have their third or fourth loss by week 10. If I think they lose to Arizona, Philadelphia, Seattle, and NO then Seattle has the division on lock week 17 if they win the aforementioned games. If they lose to Atlanta, then SF has a chance to tie week 17 in which they will win that tie-breaker. 13-3 will not get it done with 4-0 AFC record to TB's 3-1.

How's the Oline? You don't go 14-2 without the Oline.

This was some pretty in depth stuff on the schedule, OP. Thanks for doing the work. I wish you could write better. It does appear very favorable, but they still have to go to play in the East 5 times

And that East is mostly garbage. Of the two good ones, Seattle has owned one with these same regimes, and the other wins mostly on defense. Seattle doesn't lose to defenses more than offenses.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already had them splitting with Arizona. But they play a bunch of mediocre teams and teams they own. And as I said, they do not have to go to SF until week 17. Seattle has not played for the number one seed in a while week 17. That's a big deal. I don't see Seattle losing at home to SF two years in a row.

SF can go 7-1 as well against those two divisions, but I don't think they're beating the Saints in NO two years straight. SF also gets more screwed by the schedule because they could have their third or fourth loss by week 10. If I think they lose to Arizona, Philadelphia, Seattle, and NO then Seattle has the division on lock week 17 if they win the aforementioned games. If they lose to Atlanta, then SF has a chance to tie week 17 in which they will win that tie-breaker. 13-3 will not get it done with 4-0 AFC record to TB's 3-1.

And that East is mostly garbage. Of the two good ones, Seattle has owned one with these same regimes, and the other wins mostly on defense. Seattle doesn't lose to defenses more than offenses.

You neglect the fact that the D-line is weaker than last season unless a FA or trade is made and our RBs have to stay healthy. I'd love to see a 14-2 record but you can't dismiss the ? marks which is why I have them at 10-11wins which could still win the NFCW.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team certainly has some of those intangibles that lead to wins (Wilson, coaching, etc,) but it's undeniable that they need Dline help and an addition or young player improvement in the secondary to compete for a title.

There's still hope for Clowney or Everson Griffin coming in to fix one of those. The upcoming loss of Dunbar doesn't help the other.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's draw comparisons why don't we............

2015, the first year of decline
NFC North....3-1, toughest game, @GB
AFC North....3-1, toughest game, @Cincinnati
Carolina, fluke year-loss; @Dallas, injured year-win
3 losses outside division
Division 3-3

NFC South...2-2, toughest game @TB(Seattle doesn't have a good recent history against TB)
AFC East.....4-0, toughest game Buffalo or Miami (both were close but Buffalo was not week 1)
Philadelphia-win(as usual); @GB-loss
Division 3-2-1

NFC East....3-1, toughest game Washington
AFC South...2-2, toughest game, @Jacksonville
Atlanta-loss(2016 hype); @GB-loss
5 losses outside division
Division 4-2

NFC North...3-1, toughest game, @Chicago
AFC West....2-2, toughest game, @Denver or vs LAC(as it was later, ironically same week as Buffalo 2016)
Dallas-win; @Carolina-win
Division 3-3

NFC South...3-1, toughest game, NO
AFC North....3-1, toughest game, Baltimore
Minnesota-win; @Philadelphia-win
2 losses outside division
Division 3-3

So in all of these weaker years Seattle has still been able to get 3+ wins against the other two divisions. And they're trending upward. Furthermore, Minnesota lost a lot and will do even worse against them this time than before. And as I said, it's all on Atlanta. Either way, they could have 2 losses outside the division. And I don't think they split with everyone again. I see 12-4 as the floor. They went 11-5 last year, the best record they had since 2014.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear me out...

They play the two weakest divisions in the league. Against the NFC East, they're going 3-1 or 4-0. Against the AFC East, they're going 3-1 or 4-0.

The only losses against those two divisions I see are back to back home games, and they are not losing to both NE and Dallas.

They are going to better than NYG and Washington, and they have pretty much fleeced the Eagles. Not only that, they are better than the Dolphins and Jets. Bills are not a home advantage team. They will be coming off a home game against NE. Back to back home games are not ideal when the second team is superior.

So 7-1 at worst against those two divisions. Now the other stuff....

This is the best opportunity they have to kick the Rams while they're down. They need to sweep LA, and it's possible if they get the first matchup, they will. They do not have to go to SF until week 17, and week 7 SF will be coming off a road game AT NE, Garoppolo's former team. So if Seattle goes 4-1 in their division before week 17. If Seattle needs to sweep SF, and SF is already locked in the wild card, they won't be denied.

So now you have perhaps 12-2.

The Vikings have lost a lot this offseason and I don't think their defense will be as good, which is even more trouble trying to beat a team who hasn't lost in the last five tries.

Week 1...at Atlanta. I stressed this already. This is Seattle's make-or-break game for a dominant year. They run the risk of tying TB at 13-3, and the Seahawks only have a shot at one scenario.
Beating Dallas instead of NE, gives them a even conference record with the Bucs. The Bucs have to lose one to the Falcons.
Common Tie-breaker
Rams: Seahawks 2-1
Falcons: 2-2
Giants: 3-3
Vikings: 4-4

Next tie-breaker will be strength of victory. Seattle's best wins will amount to SF, Arizona, Dallas/NE, and Buffalo with lots of bad wins. TB's best wins will amount to NO, Chicago/GB, and not as many bad wins. I have not done the math officially on these teams so I cannot say who comes out on top. But as you can tell, an Atlanta win or sweeping the AFC and NFC East is a must.

They may not be the best team in the NFC on paper but the schedule could give them the biggest advantage they could ask for. They just need to take care of business the first three weeks and win week 10.

TMDNR

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear me out...

They play the two weakest divisions in the league. Against the NFC East, they're going 3-1 or 4-0. Against the AFC East, they're going 3-1 or 4-0.

The only losses against those two divisions I see are back to back home games, and they are not losing to both NE and Dallas.

They are going to better than NYG and Washington, and they have pretty much fleeced the Eagles. Not only that, they are better than the Dolphins and Jets. Bills are not a home advantage team. They will be coming off a home game against NE. Back to back home games are not ideal when the second team is superior.

This is the best opportunity they have to kick the Rams while they're down. They need to sweep LA, and it's possible if they get the first matchup, they will. They do not have to go to SF until week 17, and week 7 SF will be coming off a road game AT NE, Garoppolo's former team. So if Seattle goes 4-1 in their division before week 17. If Seattle needs to sweep SF, and SF is already locked in the wild card, they won't be denied.

The Vikings have lost a lot this offseason and I don't think their defense will be as good, which is even more trouble trying to beat a team who hasn't lost in the last five tries.

Week 1...at Atlanta. I stressed this already. This is Seattle's make-or-break game for a dominant year. They run the risk of tying TB at 13-3, and the Seahawks only have a shot at one scenario.
Beating Dallas instead of NE, gives them a even conference record with the Bucs. The Bucs have to lose one to the Falcons.
Common Tie-breaker

Next tie-breaker will be strength of victory. Seattle's best wins will amount to SF, Arizona, Dallas/NE, and Buffalo with lots of bad wins. TB's best wins will amount to NO, Chicago/GB, and not as many bad wins. I have not done the math officially on these teams so I cannot say who comes out on top. But as you can tell, an Atlanta win or sweeping the AFC and NFC East is a must.

They may not be the best team in the NFC on paper but the schedule could give them the biggest advantage they could ask for. They just need to take care of business the first three weeks and win week 10.
Anything is possible. :noidea:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear me out...

Common Tie-breaker

The success to Seattle's season is a good running game. If Carson and Penny come back strong, then yes anything is possible.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is still no, tbh. 10-6 type team that maybe could do better if things go their way. If they signed Clowney somehow, wake me up and I'll think about them edging out SF in the division.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is still no, tbh. 10-6 type team that maybe could do better if things go their way. If they signed Clowney somehow, wake me up and I'll think about them edging out SF in the division.
I think that's pretty fair all in all but they were an 11 win team last year with a rash of injuries down the stretch and within a yard of knocking San Fran out of the top seed despite being short handed. I think in the modern NFL, the term "if things go their way" applies to every team. With Wilson, they are pretty much a consistent 10 win team with a shot at 12 to 13 if the supporting cast can do their jobs well. No way of predicting anything though. God forbid if Wilson gets hurt, they could be a 6 or less win team.
The one thing I always find funny is the naysayers insistence that winning close games instead of blowouts actually means something. It really doesn't in this case. Pete's teams are always going to be in close games and Wilson is a guy that doesn't wilt under the preasure and actually embraces the challenge. There are a few in the game like that but many that can't handle it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will be a wild card team again.