• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Denver Broncos

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm sorry if the point went completely over your head.

I started by saying the seahawks were not going to win 10+ games as many of our base have been saying over the off season. THAT was 100% the point.

Wouldn't that mean obviously I was saying both units were bad? :L FFS, stop being a blind defensive homer. They went up against a totally shit offense and let them score 27 even after being gifted 3 turnovers. That's how I see the game. I honestly don't see that as a good offense that just beat this team and played better. I see it as a complete joke of a defense losing to a sub par offense. There aren't words that can change that view so save it.

Well I apologize that I haven't been on your board reading all of the thoughts of your fanbase to understand what you guys think of your team.

As for the Broncos the past two years with this offense has been some of the worst I have ever seen. Even against bad defenses the past two years we have made them look All-Pro. So then to go out and actually put up quite a few points and yards even against a bad defense is a sign of things actually improving and moving in the right direction.

As for them being a subpar offense I guess we will just have to see as the season progresses. I think they will be better than most think.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I apologize that I haven't been on your board reading all of the thoughts of your fanbase to understand what you guys think of your team.

As for the Broncos the past two years with this offense has been some of the worst I have ever seen. Even against bad defenses the past two years we have made them look All-Pro. So then to go out and actually put up quite a few points and yards even against a bad defense is a sign of things actually improving and moving in the right direction.

As for them being a subpar offense I guess we will just have to see as the season progresses. I think they will be better than most think.

I don't think Seattle has a bad D, just new young players that need time to gel and grow. You caught Seattle at the right time and Keenum made enough plays to get the W. I think your O will be good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Seattle has a bad D, just new young players that need time to gel and grow. You caught Seattle at the right time and Keenum made enough plays to get the W. I think your O will be good.

To me this was one of those games that was so hard to figure out who would win because of so much youth expected to get key roles. Both teams allowed some huge plays and both teams made some nice plays on both sides of the ball. Just going to take time to see how consistently good or bad these players can become.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this was one of those games that was so hard to figure out who would win because of so much youth expected to get key roles. Both teams allowed some huge plays and both teams made some nice plays on both sides of the ball. Just going to take time to see how consistently good or bad these players can become.

Agreed. I think by mid season we'll see big improvements on both teams. At least for me, by mid season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our last 3 drives of the game resulted in being sacked on 3rd down... 9 pass attempts and only 2 rush attempts...
I don't have a huge issue with a sack on 3rd down (vs 1st or 2nd). Throwing it away still results in a punt. If Russ needs to hold onto it and try to make it happen, a sack is getting us pretty much at the same place that a throwaway does, but the possible upside is there if he keeps. And now we have a punter who can kick it from his own 10 and hit it out of bounds inside the other 10.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a huge issue with a sack on 3rd down (vs 1st or 2nd). Throwing it away still results in a punt. If Russ needs to hold onto it and try to make it happen, a sack is getting us pretty much at the same place that a throwaway does, but the possible upside is there if he keeps. And now we have a punter who can kick it from his own 10 and hit it out of bounds inside the other 10.

I see what you're saying but it changed Field position quite a bit at one point... Instead of punting from the 40, we punted from our 25... Can pin a team back by taking long sacks on 3rd down... With that said, you gotta throw it away in that situation...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you're saying but it changed Field position quite a bit at one point... Instead of punting from the 40, we punted from our 25... Can pin a team back by taking long sacks on 3rd down... With that said, you gotta throw it away in that situation...

When you have a guy like Dickson punting, that definitely allows Russ to take more chances like that.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have a guy like Dickson punting, that definitely allows Russ to take more chances like that.

That's no excuse for not playing smart in that situation... Dickson is just a rookie... He hasn't really proven much yet as an NFL player...

On the last drive we punted from our 18 instead of our 27... Could'a pinned them deep - instead Denver starts at their 20...

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's no excuse for not playing smart in that situation... Dickson is just a rookie... He hasn't really proven much yet as an NFL player...

On the last drive we punted from our 18 instead of our 27... Could'a pinned them deep - instead Denver starts at their 20...

I agree that taking a sack is never good. But the fact that we STILL gave them the ball at the 20 is kinda remarkable. It was a 63 yard punt. With 10 yards of bounce.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's pretty much what I was trying to say. On 3rd down, I would rather see Russ hang in there an extra beat or 2 for a chance to make a play rather than just give up the possession by throwing it away. Dickson's leg mitigates the risk (and yes, I think he's proven enough at this point to know what he can do). But on 1st or 2nd down I think the strategy is a bit different. Live to play another down and avoid 2 & 22 or 3rd & 17.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also there was no pass rush from Jordan, Green, and aside from that 1 sack Clark seemed non existent.

Jordan only saw 15-16 snaps? they had him on a very low Pitch count. Even in those limited snaps he flashed and thats a good sign. He didn't do much but he was disruptive and had he got more snaps i believe he would have been more so. I wanted to see Ford out there. He was un-blockable 1 on 1 in preseason but i think they had him inactive for the game but i could be wrong.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Poona Ford was inactive. Would like to see him get some time. He is a unique prospect. Not often do you see a 5 foot 10 300+ pound DT that slides and no one seems able to get leverage on him because he is so small and he has Really long arms for his size giving him another weapon. Ford looked extremely Strong to go with it, 24 reps on the Bench is solid.

40: 4.94
Pro agility: 4.47
Vert: 29
3 cone: 7.4
Bench: 24
Broad: 9’3

Those are his Texas pro day numbers and those numbers are impressive when you think about his size.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know that feeling when you don't have a QB that can get it done... 92 Seahawks had a great defense but some of the worst QB play I've ever seen, makes life tough... I think our case right now is an O-line that needs to develop, a running game at least worth thinking about, and a bunch of young guy's on D that need to grow... We have the QB to get it done, but other things need to come together... You guy's have a better QB now, he's not elite, but he's shown he can make some play's, he did good in Minny last year...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan only saw 15-16 snaps? they had him on a very low Pitch count. Even in those limited snaps he flashed and thats a good sign. He didn't do much but he was disruptive and had he got more snaps i believe he would have been more so. I wanted to see Ford out there. He was un-blockable 1 on 1 in preseason but i think they had him inactive for the game but i could be wrong.

Regardless this isnt acceptable if your job on this defense is to rush the passer as a whole they need to do better than one sack for the whole game. I barely saw pressure on the QB also he has been kept on a limited role because of fear of injury for half a season last year and had the whole offseason to recover if he cant get healthy soon then I dont see why he should be on this team

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless this isnt acceptable if your job on this defense is to rush the passer as a whole they need to do better than one sack for the whole game. I barely saw pressure on the QB also he has been kept on a limited role because of fear of injury for half a season last year and had the whole offseason to recover if he cant get healthy soon then I dont see why he should be on this team

I was honestly a lot more concerned with the rushing defense that the pass rush.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree, they did not have many QB hurries or hits, which allowed Keenum to sit back there comfortably w/out having any pressure...

On the flipside, Lockett played all but 1 snap and wasn't that productive... Not a good sign moving forward w/out Baldwin...

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flipside, Lockett played all but 1 snap and wasn't that productive... Not a good sign moving forward w/out Baldwin...
Well, we had a pretty tough time getting balls to WRs most of the game and especially the first half. I am not sure that's a ding on Lockett's projected effectiveness or productivity, but of course he did make a 51 yard TD. May be more opportunities out there as well if we can run more than 16 plays in a half of football.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we had a pretty tough time getting balls to WRs most of the game and especially the first half. I am not sure that's a ding on Lockett's projected effectiveness or productivity, but of course he did make a 51 yard TD. May be more opportunities out there as well if we can run more than 16 plays in a half of football.

Wasn't a ding at him being a #2 or #3 on this team... However with Lockett basically our #1 now like he was in game 1, it's going to be much tougher for RW...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks Pass rush was the worst in the NFL week one. Pressure on 12.5% ( 5 plays ), The Bronco's, to give you bookends almost, ( they were 4th best ) pressure on 42.5% ( 18 plays )

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putrid? they moved the ball at will in that game. If not for the turnovers that game is an absolute blowout. Keenum beyond the 3 interceptions did just fine and they have weapons on offense plus actually have an OL that looks like it could be the best they have had in years.
FWIW, I thought your offense played fairly well. They had to put together many long drives to get points.y The TO's were bad though.