• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Denver Broncos

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I am ok with the Lockett signing is because he is the best kick returner in the league and losing him means we would have to spend resources acquiring a WR that would have been a wasted 2nd round pick. Honestly if this team can just freaking run the ball like we did when we had lynch we wouldnt be worried so much about the receivers.

That has been the number 1 problem for years was the running game not wilson, not recievers, not the defense, not anything. If we were a top 5 rushing attack we are a 11 win team atleast

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I am ok with the Lockett signing is because he is the best kick returner in the league and losing him means we would have to spend resources acquiring a WR that would have been a wasted 2nd round pick. Honestly if this team can just freaking run the ball like we did when we had lynch we wouldnt be worried so much about the receivers.

That has been the number 1 problem for years was the running game not wilson, not recievers, not the defense, not anything. If we were a top 5 rushing attack we are a 11 win team atleast

Not even close. He's average to slightly above average on kick offs, and he's one of the worst regular punt returners in the league. Bryan Walter (2014) had better numbers as a punt returner than Lockett has recently. 6.1 YPR over his last 29 games is just horrendous.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. He's average to slightly above average on kick offs, and he's one of the worst regular punt returners in the league. Bryan Walter (2014) had better numbers as a punt returner than Lockett has recently. 6.1 YPR over his last 29 games is just horrendous.

In kick returns not punt returns, he lead the entire NFL in kick return yards with almost 1,000 yards.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Penny never had much time returning punt but he got one and took it to the house so who knows. I think they need to find a way to get penny involved with out taking carries away from Carson. Speaking of Carson ...hold onto the damn ball please. Nothing will end your career faster than fumbles. Only people that make it that tend to fumble are the RB who make up for it by being tops in the league at everything else. ( TD, YPC, +10 yard runs etc etc )

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In kick returns not punt returns, he lead the entire NFL in kick return yards with almost 1,000 yards.

Sorry. I see kick returns as being both kick off returns and punt returns.

Yes, he led the league in yard last year - but was just 1 return away from leading the league in total returns as well. So, I'll stick with my above average comment - especially now that he's likely our #1 receiver, he's not really needed that much on kick offs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I thought your offense played fairly well. They had to put together many long drives to get points.y The TO's were bad though.

Agree on all points here. That punter for Seattle is something else. When he can average almost 60 yards a punt and 4 of his 6 end up inside the 20 is just ridiculous. Not often you can say a punter is a true asset like that. Definitely have to clean up the turnovers if the Broncos are going to do anything this year. Very seldom do you win a game when you turn the ball over 3 times. Turnovers were the story last year so hoping that trend stops this season. Good luck to the Seahawks the rest of the way. Hard to cheer against a guy like Russell Wilson. Just a bit jealous that you guys got him.