• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season Predictions

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You quoted me in post #93. Then went on to say the following:

See those to bolded words? That means you quoted me and then directed your post at me. Blatantly and intentionally misrepresenting what another poster says in the manner you did, is not "good, clean arguments about sports". If you can't differentiate between the two, then message boards may not be the best thing for you.

My apologies then, the post was meant to be directed at Shaqdaddy11. Sorry I presented you and Shaqdaddy to be the same poster. Apparently that's wrong (even though you two do seem to share much of the same values and opinions).:scratch:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies then, the post was meant to be directed at Shaqdaddy11. Sorry I presented you and Shaqdaddy to be the same poster. Apparently that's wrong (even though you two do seem to share much of the same values and opinions).:scratch:

No worries. We do have some similar opinions, we are fans of the same team. However, we also differ on things as well. For example, Shaqdaddy thinks the Lakers will win 50 games. I see that as an outside possibility and figure they will finish around .500 (if they stay healthy).

He thinks Clarkson will be a top 10 guard. I think Clarkson has the talent to be a top 10 guard, but I need to see how he develops. I liked a lot of what I saw from him in the summer league and think he could potentially end up being the steal of the draft.

But the summer league ain't the NBA regular season. He looked very good against teams made up mostly of guys who will ride the bench in the NBA or end up in Europe or the D-league. I need to see him against NBA players before I buy in.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Trojanfan, hopefully this is the last time you and I are sharing PM's to one another. I'm really tired of us taking basketball discussions personally. Really tired of this.

Come November, you have my consent to do whatever you want with my account, but right now, I have 18 posters waiting for me to set up their fantasy league and it'd be nice as man-to-man that you would cooperate. I really don't believe what took place in this thread is the end to all worlds.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Trojanfan, hopefully this is the last time you and I are sharing PM's to one another. I'm really tired of us taking basketball discussions personally. Really tired of this.

Come November, you have my consent to do whatever you want with my account, but right now, I have 18 posters waiting for me to set up their fantasy league and it'd be nice as man-to-man that you would cooperate. I really don't believe what took place in this thread is the end to all worlds.

I don't want to do anything with your account. Just follow what I've laid out in our PM's and on here and I'll have no reason to. :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers win 50 or anything close this year, I promise I will call you out and give you your props.

Until that happens, you're a 27-55 ball club and I don't have to prove my fanhood to you. I'm a Cubs fan for heaven's sake.

Get off your high horse and deal with it.

Really? Because as of right now we're a 0-0 ball club just like everyone else.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bump::bump2::bump:

At this point in the season it is always fun to see what we predicted in the preseason!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

The only loss we had this year is Pau Gasol, who has been on a steady decline over the years and has missed more than 50 games over the last two years. We more than made up for that with the drafting of Randle and the acquisition of Boozer.

We also lost Kendall Marshall and replaced him with Lin, a major improvement. Clarkson is also more skilled than Farmar and I'd rather have Ed Davis on the team than Kaman.

Oh, and a guy called Kobe Bryant is healthy too now. If he stays healthy, that alone gives us 15 more wins than last years team.

LOL

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow everyone was so off on the warriors. I had them as a lock as a 4 seed but I was thinking of going as high as 2-3 seed but kept it safe

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is certainly showing a lot so far this summer. I look forward to seeing how he performs in real NBA games. He has nice form on his jumpshot. Good ball-handler and a strong drive to the hole. Should be a solid defender. He needs to work on his court vision of he wants to be a top PG though. He could definitely end up the steal of the 2014 draft.

Clarkson is looking more and more like the top steal of the 2014 draft. The attributes I saw of him in summer league are showing strong against the big boys. What a benefit to be able to work one on one with Steve Nash like he has been recently.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And still in a better position than the Heat

... LOL

You mean the same Heat team that's 4th best player would be your best? The team that has an All-NBA PG, along with two all-stars in Wade and Bosh? Plus Whiteside's emergence. Please explain to me how you're in a better position… they're in the East too, while you're going to be stuck in the West so it'll take a dramatic improvement for you to even sniff the playoffs next year while they're basically a lock as long as they stay healthy.

Derp.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the same Heat team that's 4th best player would be your best? The team that has an All-NBA PG, along with two all-stars in Wade and Bosh? Plus Whiteside's emergence. Please explain to me how you're in a better position… they're in the East too, while you're going to be stuck in the West so it'll take a dramatic improvement for you to even sniff the playoffs next year while they're basically a lock as long as they stay healthy.

Derp.

Fighting for 8th place and if they do make it, an almost certain 1st round exit

vs

A top 5 pick and plenty of cap space in the offseason

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could also talk about the Suns' season but that would just depress the shit out of everyone

... LOL

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fighting for 8th place and if they do make it, an almost certain 1st round exit

vs

A top 5 pick and plenty of cap space in the offseason

Cap space to do what with? Sign a player better than Dragic?
Ill bet you would trade that draft pick in a heartbeat for Whiteside.

And really, being a fan of a team that has been injury riddled, you're going to negatively judge the Heat?

The other night, our lineup up Dragic, Bosh, Whitside , McRoberts, and others, we're all inactive.

Riley should be considered for GM of the year for the way he has kept/solidified this roster after James blindsided him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap space to do what with? Sign a player better than Dragic?
Ill bet you would trade that draft pick in a heartbeat for Whiteside.

And really, being a fan of a team that has been injury riddled, you're going to negatively judge the Heat?

The other night, our lineup up Dragic, Bosh, Whitside , McRoberts, and others, we're all inactive.

Riley should be considered for GM of the year for the way he has kept/solidified this roster after James blindsided him.

:pound:You really think Dragic will stay?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could also talk about the Suns' season but that would just depress the shit out of everyone

... LOL

Down year yet they still went 4-0 against the Lakers… LOL

And would once again make the playoffs in the East. Funny how you get butthurt and bring my team into it instead of talking about what the actual topic was. You sad little man.