• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season Predictions

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson is looking more and more like the top steal of the 2014 draft. The attributes I saw of him in summer league are showing strong against the big boys. What a benefit to be able to work one on one with Steve Nash like he has been recently.

I give him some props and he then proceeds to have his worst game against the Bricks :L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think he won't?
60 day avi bet?

Not making any bets, but I don't think Dragic re-signing is a slam dunk.

It will be interesting to see what happens. While he did have Miami as one of his preferred trade destinations, sources have also said that he thinks the Lakers are a perfect fit for him. I'm sure that if the Lakers go after a pg in FA, they will offer him a max deal. The Heat will be able to offer him more because they have his Bird rights, but the question is whether or not they will.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not making any bets, but I don't think Dragic re-signing is a slam dunk.

It will be interesting to see what happens. While he did have Miami as one of his preferred trade destinations, sources have also said that he thinks the Lakers are a perfect fit for him. I'm sure that if the Lakers go after a pg in FA, they will offer him a max deal. The Heat will be able to offer him more because they have his Bird rights, but the question is whether or not they will.

Riley gave him a plastic 'Heat Family' card.
He's staying

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey TurnUp, take it from a guy that said PHX was his home and that he wanted to retire a Sun after last season that Dragic is NOT a lock to re-sign with you guys at all. He just says all the right things to make you think so then BOOM. He gone.

But really, the fact that you have his Bird Rights help a ton since you can offer him the most.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are no longer allowed to say anything positive about Clarkson. :lol:

^This post was 100% directed at me. Never my intention, though.

A good scoring combo-guard he is. Somebody has to produce for that team, though. 2.5 assists a game averaging over 21 minutes isn't a great deal to brag about.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what? Last time I checked this is a 'prediction' thread. And I can say with almost 100% certainty I've watched more basketball and know more about the game than you do.

And btw, yes I do think the Lakers, barring any major injuries like we had last year, will win close to 50 games this year.

:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A good scoring combo-guard he is. Somebody has to produce for that team, though. 2.5 assists a game averaging over 21 minutes isn't a great deal to brag about.

He's shaping up to be the steal of the draft, imo. He's still learning the game and doesn't have a lot of talent around him. As he learns and the Lakers improve the roster, his assists will go up.

Having said that, if he is going to be a point guard, he will likely be a score first point guard (like most are these days). I wouldn't mind seeing the Lakers go after a point guard in FA and slide Clarkson over to the 2 and take over that position when Kobe retires.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaqdaddy11 said:
So what? Last time I checked this is a 'prediction' thread. And I can say with almost 100% certainty I've watched more basketball and know more about the game than you do.

And btw, yes I do think the Lakers, barring any major injuries like we had last year, will win close to 50 games this year.

To be fair he did qualify it to "barring any major injuries..." and they have been without Kobe and Randle; they may account for 30 wins:noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaqdaddy11 said:

To be fair he did qualify it to "barring any major injuries..." and they have been without Kobe and Randle; they may account for 30 wins:noidea:

At the time he made his prediction, it also looked like Nash was going to be able to play. I din't think the Lakers would make the playoffs, but I predicted that if they were healthy, they'd be in the running all season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time he made his prediction, it also looked like Nash was going to be able to play. I din't think the Lakers would make the playoffs, but I predicted that if they were healthy, they'd be in the running all season.

Have you seen all the Anarchy within Lakernation re: tanking and who to draft?

My Brother is a huge Laker fan * pukes* and we were looking at this yesterday.

With Lakers Out Of Playoff Contention, 2015 NBA Draft Leaves Fans Divided | Lakers Nation

I get that it's not in your Fanbase's DNA to just go out and lose games.

But, finishing dead last ensures a top 4 pick and this Team could really benefit from that.

Might be hard to out-tank the Knicks at this point though...lol

As for who to draft?

There is no Anthony Davis, Tim Duncan, Shaq or Lebron in this draft class.

But, there is a Al Jefferson * Okafor*, John Wall * Mudiay*, Brandon Knight * Russell*, DeAndre Jordan * Cauley-Stein*.

And, this might be extremely homerrific of me...But, everyone is sleeping on Looney.

I really want to see Kentucky vs. Duke because I don't get how so many scouts are picking Towns over Okafor.

You can see that Towns will probably develop into a monster. But, Okafor is so much more skilled at this point.

Maybe it's one of those "Dwight Howard or Emeka Okafor " skill vs. upside debates and I just can't see the forest for the trees?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Lakers Out Of Playoff Contention, 2015 NBA Draft Leaves Fans Divided | Lakers Nation

But, finishing dead last ensures a top 4 pick and this Team could really benefit from that.

As for who to draft?

But, there is a Al Jefferson * Okafor*, John Wall * Mudiay*, Brandon Knight * Russell*, DeAndre Jordan * Cauley-Stein*.

And, this might be extremely homerrific of me...But, everyone is sleeping on Looney.

I really want to see Kentucky vs. Duke because I don't get how so many scouts are picking Towns over Okafor.

You can see that Towns will probably develop into a monster. But, Okafor is so much more skilled at this point.

Maybe it's one of those "Dwight Howard or Emeka Okafor " skill vs. upside debates and I just can't see the forest for the trees?

Yeah, :lol: there is definitely a divide over this. The way I've been handling it is that while the game is being played, I'm pulling for them to win. However, when they don't win, it doesn't bother me because it's one more loss towards keeping that pick. To me, the Lakers are "losing the right way" (for lack of a better term) because they are competitive in virtually every game. Makes the games fun to watch.

The Lakers aren't going to actively tank as we've seen some teams do, but they didn't exactly bend over backwards to improve the roster before the trade deadline. I don't remember them being involved in any trade talk other than Rondo before Dallas got him and Dragic. Even at that, they didn't try THAT hard to get them. If they had agreed to remove the top 5 protection, Dragic is probably a Laker right now.

Maybe it's a "soft tank?" :noidea:

Assuming the Lakers keep the top 5 pick, the off-season will get really interesting, really fast. They will have 4 draft picks (2 first round, 2 second round) and lots of cap space.

I agree about Looney. If he's there for any of the Lakers picks outside of the top 5, I would love to see them take him. He'll need a couple of seasons to develop, but I think he can be a beast.

Probably can't go wrong with Towns or Okafor. Okafor is the safe choice. As you say, he's much more skilled and looks like he should be at least a 17/10 guy in the NBA. Towns could end up being a better player, but he could also be a flop. Potential is a dangerous thing.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, :lol: there is definitely a divide over this. The way I've been handling it is that while the game is being played, I'm pulling for them to win. However, when they don't win, it doesn't bother me because it's one more loss towards keeping that pick. To me, the Lakers are "losing the right way" (for lack of a better term) because they are competitive in virtually every game. Makes the games fun to watch.

The Lakers aren't going to actively tank as we've seen some teams do, but they didn't exactly bend over backwards to improve the roster before the trade deadline. I don't remember them being involved in any trade talk other than Rondo before Dallas got him and Dragic. Even at that, they didn't try THAT hard to get them. If they had agreed to remove the top 5 protection, Dragic is probably a Laker right now.

Maybe it's a "soft tank?" :noidea:

Assuming the Lakers keep the top 5 pick, the off-season will get really interesting, really fast. They will have 4 draft picks (2 first round, 2 second round) and lots of cap space.

I agree about Looney. If he's there for any of the Lakers picks outside of the top 5, I would love to see them take him. He'll need a couple of seasons to develop, but I think he can be a beast.

Probably can't go wrong with Towns or Okafor. Okafor is the safe choice. As you say, he's much more skilled and looks like he should be at least a 17/10 guy in the NBA. Towns could end up being a better player, but he could also be a flop. Potential is a dangerous thing.

Those 2nd rounders will have some value too.

If I'm a Team picking from 32-40, I would invest a pick in Gary Payton II. I mean, if someone obvious slips from the 1st round, you take that guy.

But, Payton has appeal. He can't shoot. But, he is athletic, boards like a savage for a combo guard * 7 per game* and has his daddy's swagger on defense.

My Team is the perfect example of how you can suffer from not having a quality defender on the wing.

He might not be the Glove 2.0. But, he could damn sure qualify as the mitten:nod:.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think his APG have been closer to 5 since becoming a starter. He's not going to be a high assist PG, but a good scoring combo guard as you said.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for who to draft?

I guess I'm considered to be "nuetral". I have a hard time during games actively rooting against my favorite sports team of all time. However, this season (and last) I'm not the least bit disappointed when they lose.

One thing to remember, if they keep their pick this season, they still owe a first-rounder to Philly in 2016. That one is top-3 protected. Same with the 2017 first rounder.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm considered to be "nuetral". I have a hard time during games actively rooting against my favorite sports team of all time. However, this season (and last) I'm not the least bit disappointed when they lose.

One thing to remember, if they keep their pick this season, they still owe a first-rounder to Philly in 2016. That one is top-3 protected. Same with the 2017 first rounder.

I think the Lakers fortunes could be totally different come 2016. So, owing Philly a pick only hurts if you lose out on Thon Maker.

But, that depends on what they do/if they spend during Free Agency this summer.

If they wait until the Summer of 2016 they could have $ 50 mil in Cap space with the infusion of TV contract money.

Several big names could wait until then to do long-term deals and Durant will be on the Market as well.

SCARY.

Only seven teams have $40 million or more committed past next year—Chicago, Golden State, Houston, the Clippers, New York, Oklahoma City, and Washington. Of those, only the Clippers (at about $58 million) are over $50 million in commitments. That means that 23 teams currently have the potential to enter the 2016 free-agency period with at least $50 million in cap space. Six figure to have around $40 million. And one will have almost $30 million.

NBA teams using internal data are projecting the salary cap to jump to between $88-92 million per team

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a couple predictions: Healthy Bulls and OKC: Bulls vs OKC in Finals if Rose can't play or goes down I have Cavs vs OK. Not healthy OKC I have Bulls(Healthy) vs GS. Both not healthy: Cavs vs GS.