• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK let's see your picks

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Yep...were not god awful because they added some better players. This team has added a better player.
2. Only losing sexson likely would have been fine as they played well until Rubio then allen, then Mobley and others went down. some teams who lost less players to injury didn't fare so well.

If you want to get bent out of shape over a trivial prediction I wont stop you. But Cavs finishing 5th ahead of Philly not a crazy notion. Hell, finishing 2-3rd not crazy but I'd need to see them before going that far.

And, sure, Philly also could finish top 2-3. wouldn't surprise me at all.
I’m not bent out of shape. I’m laughing at homers. You add a ball dominant volume shooter who doesn’t play defense to go with your best player who is also ball dominant and all of a sudden they’re top 5 in the conference.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Yep...were not god awful because they added some better players. This team has added a better player.
2. Only losing sexson likely would have been fine as they played well until Rubio then allen, then Mobley and others went down. some teams who lost less players to injury didn't fare so well.

If you want to get bent out of shape over a trivial prediction I wont stop you. But Cavs finishing 5th ahead of Philly not a crazy notion. Hell, finishing 2-3rd not crazy but I'd need to see them before going that far.

And, sure, Philly also could finish top 2-3. wouldn't surprise me at all.

It will be interesting with both teams.

For the Sixers, if Embiid is healthy and Harden plays like Harden from 3-4 years ago, they could be as high as 2 or 3, maybe even 1. If either one of those things doesn't happen, they will be in trouble.

For the Cavs, they're a very young team and young teams tend to hit a bit of a wall later in seasons. So, was it injury, was it hitting a wall? Probably some of each. With their off season moves, I don't think it matters. They just need to stay healthy.

If they stay healthy, I don't see them coming out of the East, but they are going to be a problem.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not bent out of shape. I’m laughing at homers. You add a ball dominant volume shooter who doesn’t play defense to go with your best player who is also ball dominant and all of a sudden they’re top 5 in the conference.
Your homer comment for sure deserves an oh, the irony. Picking a team to finish 5th when they spent a good part of last season top 3 and figures to be as healthy as anyone is not exactly a homer comment. In addition, if someone said they will finish 8th or lower I don't think that's nuts.

That ball dominant player did manage to lead a team to the top seed in a loaded West at the time., righ?.....so there's that?

FYI, to eventually be that 2-3 seed or better Mobley will need to be our best player and might be as soon as this season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting with both teams.

For the Sixers, if Embiid is healthy and Harden plays like Harden from 3-4 years ago, they could be as high as 2 or 3, maybe even 1. If either one of those things doesn't happen, they will be in trouble.

For the Cavs, they're a very young team and young teams tend to hit a bit of a wall later in seasons. So, was it injury, was it hitting a wall? Probably some of each. With their off season moves, I don't think it matters. They just need to stay healthy.

If they stay healthy, I don't see them coming out of the East, but they are going to be a problem.
Mostly agree. Sure, could have been hitting a wall for Garland but a lot of that was having to do too much with no sexton or much help (though did have a hell of a game in 1st play in). I tend to believe it was 80+ injuries.....we'll see. Thankfully, in less than 3 weeks.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your homer comment for sure deserves an oh, the irony. Picking a team to finish 5th when they spent a good part of last season top 3 and figures to be as healthy as anyone is not exactly a homer comment. In addition, if someone said they will finish 8th or lower I don't think that's nuts.

That ball dominant player did manage to lead a team to the top seed in a loaded West at the time., righ?.....so there's that?

FYI, to eventually be that 2-3 seed or better Mobley will need to be our best player and might be as soon as this season.
That becomes even less likely (Mobley) when you consider:
1. He was lost in the offense last year and hardly aggressive. He deferred to everybody including guys like Okoro and Stevens who have like no offensive game.
2. You now have not 1 but 2 ball dominant players.

I’ll be shocked if the Cavs aren’t in the play in games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That becomes even less likely (Mobley) when you consider:
1. He was lost in the offense last year and hardly aggressive. He deferred to everybody including guys like Okoro and Stevens who have like no offensive game.
2. You now have not 1 but 2 ball dominant players.

I’ll be shocked if the Cavs aren’t in the play in games.

1. If there is an award for Post of the Year (for most foolish post) yours needs a nomination. A 20-year-old who went for 15/8/2.5 and shot around 51% was "lost in offense" and "hardly aggressive"? The advanced metrics kind of liked him, too. Team was also 40-29 when he played. 4-9 when he sat. Could he stand to be more aggressive? Probably, but he's smart enough to know to play within the offense which is a good trait for someone so young.

2. Hell, we may have 3 if you include Lavert.....but our downfall last year was Mitchell not having enough help so that might be good.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. If there is an award for Post of the Year (for most foolish post) yours needs a nomination. A 20-year-old who went for 15/8/2.5 and shot around 51% was "lost in offense" and "hardly aggressive"? The advanced metrics kind of liked him, too. Team was also 40-29 when he played. 4-9 when he sat. Could he stand to be more aggressive? Probably, but he's smart enough to know to play within the offense which is a good trait for someone so young.

2. Hell, we may have 3 if you include Lavert.....but our downfall last year was Mitchell not having enough help so that might be good.
12 shots a game
Love had 10.4 shots per game.

Yep. Didn’t assert himself but this year with TWO BALL DOMINANT players he’s gonna step forward and start to become their best player. Yikes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 shots a game
Love had 10.4 shots per game.

Yep. Didn’t assert himself but this year with TWO BALL DOMINANT players he’s gonna step forward and start to become their best player. Yikes.
He'll start to become their best player because often 20-year-olds who are really good can improve year 2. He's also very likely to become an elite defender.

I doubt he'll be the first stud big guy to play with a couple ball dominant guards/wings who got better year 2 and beyond.

Just curious....you seem to think Harden can start playing better and being more like his old self in order for Philly to play well, correct?

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll start to become their best player because often 20-year-olds who are really good can improve year 2. He's also very likely to become an elite defender.

I doubt he'll be the first stud big guy to play with a couple ball dominant guards/wings who got better year 2 and beyond.

Just curious....you seem to think Harden can start playing better and being more like his old self in order for Philly to play well, correct?
Nope. That guy is gone. I’ll take 20 and 10 assists a game though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. That guy is gone. I’ll take 20 and 10 assists a game though.
Hmmm...20 and 10 assists/game from harden. Gonna need to get Embiid his touches, I'd imagine. Not expecting much growth from Maxey, I'm sure, right? FYI, as a guard in year 2 Maxey took about 1 more shot/game than Mobley as a rookie. Was Maxey lost and not aggressive (and this was often with no Harden).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...20 and 10 assists/game from harden. Gonna need to get Embiid his touches, I'd imagine. Not expecting much growth from Maxey, I'm sure, right? FYI, as a guard in year 2 Maxey took about 1 more shot/game than Mobley as a rookie. Was Maxey lost and not aggressive (and this was often with no Harden).
Maxey got more shots when Harden arrived not less. And Embiid didn’t struggle to get touches with Harden. We’ve already seen these guys coexist. An off season and a training camp will only improve this. Maxey doesn’t need the ball in his hands the way DG or Mitchell does.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxey got more shots when Harden arrived not less. And Embiid didn’t struggle to get touches with Harden. We’ve already seen these guys coexist. An off season and a training camp will only improve this. Maxey doesn’t need the ball in his hands the way DG or Mitchell does.
got more touches with Harden yet still only about 1 more per game than rookie Mobley. Guess with Harden going 20/10 gonna mean even less touches for Maxey. Gonna be more lost and less aggressive. Tough to grow that way. You think he peaked?

Mobley doesn't "Need" the ball in his hands either. He's going to play within the system. Kind of another positive about the kid. He wont feel the need to force anything.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got more touches with Harden yet still only about 1 more per game than rookie Mobley. Guess with Harden going 20/10 gonna mean even less touches for Maxey. Gonna be more lost and less aggressive. Tough to grow that way. You think he peaked?

Mobley doesn't "Need" the ball in his hands either. He's going to play within the system. Kind of another positive about the kid. He wont feel the need to force anything.
What are you talking about? Harden got 22/10 as a Sixer and Maxey still got more looks. Harden came and he didn’t need to play PG again. Also, Maxey will be the Sixers 2nd or 3rd best player. You’re projecting a dude to be the team’s best player. Different story entirely.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? Harden got 22/10 as a Sixer and Maxey still got more looks. Harden came and he didn’t need to play PG again. Also, Maxey will be the Sixers 2nd or 3rd best player. You’re projecting a dude to be the team’s best player. Different story entirely.
I'm projecting him to be their best player because we don't have an MVP caliber player on the team. Just a couple solid all stars. In addition, I'm not sure he will be our best player but believe he will and might need him to be to be a top 3 seed or higher.

so, yes, Maxey has reached his potential?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm projecting him to be their best player because we don't have an MVP caliber player on the team. Just a couple solid all stars. In addition, I'm not sure he will be our best player but believe he will and might need him to be to be a top 3 seed or higher.

so, yes, Maxey has reached his potential?
You already agreed to my supposition when the trade was made this puts Mobley’s development on shakier ground. He deferred a ton with one ball dominant guy. Now there are two. Your dream of him becoming their best player is unlikely in this dynamic. Talent wise, you’re not wrong on Mobley. This isn’t about the talent he possesses.

How would I know if this is Maxey’s ceiling already realized? I do know this. When Harden came Maxey was more assertive not less.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already agreed to my supposition when the trade was made this puts Mobley’s development on shakier ground. He deferred a ton with one ball dominant guy. Now there are two. Your dream of him becoming their best player is unlikely in this dynamic. Talent wise, you’re not wrong on Mobley. This isn’t about the talent he possesses.

How would I know if this is Maxey’s ceiling already realized? I do know this. When Harden came Maxey was more assertive not less.
don't recall agreeing it puts his development on shakier ground. said maybe it could as it's no lock the addition of DM works. But it could and he may fit in just fine (you just seem to hope he doesn't and wont allow it could).

Interesting. as a guard Maxey is more assertive without shooting much but in your world Mobley will be less assertive because we added another ball dominant player?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't recall agreeing it puts his development on shakier ground. said maybe it could as it's no lock the addition of DM works. But it could and he may fit in just fine (you just seem to hope he doesn't and wont allow it could).

Interesting. as a guard Maxey is more assertive without shooting much but in your world Mobley will be less assertive because we added another ball dominant player?
Me “hoping” implies that I actually give a fuck about the Cavs. My squad has championship aspirations. They’re a win-now team. I’m concerned about squads like the Celtics Bucks Heat etc…. The Cavs are a non factor. I have zero fucks to give if it works there or it doesn’t work. As I said, they’re likely a play in team. How many times do I have to tell you that when Harden came Maxey’s shots per game and points per game went up? Just let me know the magic number of times I have to post that same comment for shit to finally sink in for you.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After acquiring James Harden and he was relieved of being the team’s primary point guard Maxey’s shots per game and points per game went up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After acquiring James Harden and he was relieved of being the team’s primary point guard Maxey’s shots per game and points per game went up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3