• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season Predictions

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many changes this year pretty impossible to make predictions until season starts.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Lakers to go through ten-year period of irrelevancy like the Celtics did after Bird retired. If and when they become relevant again, I promise to respect them better this time around. But right now it's very much fans of a 27-win basketball club talking trash. No one is scared of the genius that is Jim Buss.

No, you WANT the Lakers to go through a period of irrelevancy.

Fortunately your knowledge of basketball is laughable. Hence your need to root for 4 or 5 NBA teams at a time.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exum will be a STUD...imo

All the bad things that have been said about Exum were also said about Michael Carter-Williams pre-draft.

He did just fine.

6'6 pg's don't grow on trees.

This kid's bottom will likely be Penny Hardaway.

Give him a chance..he's barely 18 and hasn't faced any stiff competition.

He will be fine

I know I shouldn't take the fiba cup for much but exum was frickin terrible in it

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I shouldn't take the fiba cup for much but exum was frickin terrible in it

He was GAWD awful:pound:.

But, he just turned 18.

I know they play different positions. But, do you remember how tuuuuuuuuuurible Dirk was his first year in the NBA?

Gotta give the young Thundercats a chance to adjust to a grown mans game.

Even for American players coming from smaller conferences...

Remember Mr. Big Shot, Chauncey Billups?

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarbage....looked like a bust/journeyman.

Everyone can't do what Lillard and Steph Curry did.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And know you folks are so high on this no-name Jordan Clarkson and making the claim that he'll be a top 10 backcourt player in all of basketball one day. Would you make the same claim if he were with the Jazz?:scratch:

First of all, I haven't made the claim that he'll be a top 10 backcourt player. I think he looks like he'll be very good and maybe, if he keeps working on his game, he'll get there. He seems to have the talent.

If he went to Utah, I don't know what I'd be saying about him. He wouldn't be with the Lakers, so I probably wouldn't comment much on him. However, if he showed with Utah, what I have seen so far with the Lakers, then I'd probably have the same assessment as I stated above.

Not sure what your angle is here. Are you trying to somehow paint Lakers fans as hypocritical because we stopped commenting on a player who had indicated that he wanted to be a Laker, but was gone before the Lakers could get him? Or because we're now high on a player who actually was drafted by the Lakers and appears to be a steal at the spot the Lakers got him?

Why would Lakers fans continue commenting on a player who isn't on the team instead of commenting on a player who actually is on the team?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Lakers to go through ten-year period of irrelevancy like the Celtics did after Bird retired. If and when they become relevant again, I promise to respect them better this time around. But right now it's very much fans of a 27-win basketball club talking trash. No one is scared of the genius that is Jim Buss.

The only one in here talking shit, is you. Lakers fans have commented about a player that is actually on the team and you're trying to pick some idiotic e-fight over a player that Lakers fans liked, but was ultimately chosen by a different team.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you WANT the Lakers to go through a period of irrelevancy.

Fortunately your knowledge of basketball is laughable. Hence your need to root for 4 or 5 NBA teams at a time.

So you're suggesting Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak can turn this team around? If it weren't for the Pau Gasol trade, you guys would still be calling for Kupchak's head as we speak. Right now, it just seems like your coach and GM are already on different pages. Byron Scott claims he's prepared to preach defense, and Kupchak's major offseason acquisition is - Carlos Boozer???:scratch:

We'll just see what happens...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought so. Clarkson will prove to be one of the "Greg Odens" of Shaqdaddy's bets. Summer league?:pound:

Have you watched him play at all? Summer league obviously isn't near the level that the real NBA season is. However, you can still make good evaluations of a players skill set.

I'm not as optimistic as Shaqdaddy, but I think he'll be a very solid pro. He's got a good handle. Good length for his size. Good form on his jumper. Very strong on drives to the basket. And he appears to be a very hard worker with a chip on his shoulder.

He needs to work on his court vision if he wants to be a PG, but there's a lot to like about this kid.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're suggesting Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak can turn this team around? If it weren't for the Pau Gasol trade, you guys would still be calling for Kupchak's head as we speak. Right now, it just seems like your coach and GM are already on different pages. Byron Scott claims he's prepared to preach defense, and Kupchak's major offseason acquisition is - Carlos Boozer???:scratch:

We'll just see what happens...

They're on the same page. You are trying too hard now.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit that I don't watch much summer league. Not saying Clarkson doesn't have a future in the NBA, just saying that the "top 10 NBA guard" label is major homerism.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're on the same page. You are trying too hard now.

Just because they may see eye-to-eye as professionals doesn't mean they see eye-to-eye from a basketball standpoint. Who's your starting center this season? If Boozer has to play significant minutes at center this season as I have read, you guys are in trouble.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I haven't made the claim that he'll be a top 10 backcourt player. I think he looks like he'll be very good and maybe, if he keeps working on his game, he'll get there. He seems to have the talent.

If he went to Utah, I don't know what I'd be saying about him. He wouldn't be with the Lakers, so I probably wouldn't comment much on him. However, if he showed with Utah, what I have seen so far with the Lakers, then I'd probably have the same assessment as I stated above.

Not sure what your angle is here. Are you trying to somehow paint Lakers fans as hypocritical because we stopped commenting on a player who had indicated that he wanted to be a Laker, but was gone before the Lakers could get him? Or because we're now high on a player who actually was drafted by the Lakers and appears to be a steal at the spot the Lakers got him?

Why would Lakers fans continue commenting on a player who isn't on the team instead of commenting on a player who actually is on the team?

Unless you think I've claimed anything else, then yes.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read anything about Boozer playing center. Hill and Davis will be. Not great, but there aren't a ton of dominant big man out there anymore. Rim protection will be a problem. I don't know what kind of defensive schemes Scott will try though to protect the middle. If they have trouble stopping perimeter penetration, it could be a layup line for the opponents.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you think I've claimed anything else, then yes.

You may need a new dictionary or a Thesaurus, because you clearly don't understand the definition of hypocrite or hypocritical.

Lakers fans were high on Exum (myself included). Exum stated that he wanted to be a Laker and even seemed to indicate that he may try and force himself to the Lakers. Understandably, Lakers fans started doing a little research on the kid and liked what we saw, so we commented on it.

Even with that, there was division among Lakers fans because some still preferred Jabari Parker or Julius Randle.

Exum ended up being drafted by the Jazz, so Lakers fans moved on from him and onto players that the team actually drafted. Weird, huh?

What would have been hypocritical would have been if Lakers fans suddenly started bashing Exum when he was chosen by the Jazz. However, that's not the case. We simply moved on from him because he's not on the team.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit that I don't watch much summer league. Not saying Clarkson doesn't have a future in the NBA, just saying that the "top 10 NBA guard" label is major homerism.

Yes, with the Steph Curry's, Kemba's, Lillards, Wall's, Dragic's...etc in the NBA, that's a bit much.

But, I agree with what he said about possibly being the best pg from this draft class.

I'm not sure Exum will be playing there.

I think he will eventually start next to Trey Burke.

So, Clarkson or even Spencer Dwinddle * look him up he's legit..would have gone higher sans injury* could have better careers than Ennis and Napier because of their height.

I'm rooting for Shabazz....guys a winner.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East

Cleveland
Toronto
Chicago
Miami
New York
Washington
Charlotte
Detroit

West

1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Clips
4. Warriors
5. Mavs
6. Portland
7. Rockets
8. Suns

WCF thunder over Warriors in 6
ECF bulls over cavs in 6

Finals thunder over bulls in 5

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSW has shown me nothing to have me think they can beat OKC or SAS in a 7 game series....They also have not proven to me that they can be consistent enough to even get HCA for 1 or 2 rounds.

The Clippers on the other hand were one choke job in OKC last year from playing in the WCF. I do think they can win the West as long as they're able to avoid the Spurs. They can beat OKC in a series IMO if they get HCA

Jackson. No bogut. What about 2013? One less meltdown away from playing in the west finals. We have the best starting 5 to get it done

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East

Cleveland
Toronto
Chicago
Miami