• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Ravens

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting quote from Carroll regards to R. Penny...

upload_2019-10-22_10-59-15.png

I'm still wondering why we drafted him... I liked the pick at the time but why aren't we using him much? Is he not meeting expectations with the staff? Is he going to be traded? Has he fallen out of favor? Just too many questions around R. Penny and the Seahawks right now... I thought it was really weird that he didn't get a carry against the Ravens when he was 100% healthy and fresh after sitting out for 3 games... Carson only had 3.1ypc so you'd think we would want to get our 1st round RB in there that is known for busting big plays, especially since we needed a spark on offense... The entire situation is just weird... I'm leaning towards the coaching staff will deal him before the deadline...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting quote from Carroll regards to R. Penny...

View attachment 220656

I'm still wondering why we drafted him... I liked the pick at the time but why aren't we using him much? Is he not meeting expectations with the staff? Is he going to be traded? Has he fallen out of favor? Just too many questions around R. Penny and the Seahawks right now... I thought it was really weird that he didn't get a carry against the Ravens when he was 100% healthy and fresh after sitting out for 3 games... Carson only had 3.1ypc so you'd think we would want to get our 1st round RB in there that is known for busting big plays, especially since we needed a spark on offense... The entire situation is just weird... I'm leaning towards the coaching staff will deal him before the deadline...

I think they drafted him because they weren't sure if Carson could stay healthy. But Carson has been healthy since we drafted him.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they drafted him because they weren't sure if Carson could stay healthy. But Carson has been healthy since we drafted him.

I believe you're right, which could mean that he may be on the move at the trading deadline if there is a position we're needing to fill...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The common thread among these 2 games is they have a great running game. Kamara as you eluded to and Jackson. This is why I’m not as confident when they have to face SF with their crazy running game. Have to 100% eliminate the turnovers.

Alvin Kamara and Lamar Jackson are just absolute freaks. Kamara had a great game because he is just ridiculously talented and Lamar Jackson - IMO - had a great game due to his insane talent and the fact that spying a linebacker against Lamar Jackson just won't be enough.

As strong as the 49ers running game has been, they don't have a player like Kamara who can change a game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm probably in the minority but I do believe that Rashaad Penny is a good running back. Carson is just better. Hindsight being 20/20 it would've been better to use that pick on a different position, but as you mentioned the Seahawks were probably worried about Carson's injury and the fact that it was a really small sample size he provided before that injury.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
penny is a finesse runner with no power that goes down way too easy and needs a strong OL to flourish.

he wont be good on this team, though he MIGHT be good on another team with a legit OL. not sure what team that would be though, seems most teams have garbage OL these days.

I would be happy if we dumped him, we realistically should be drafting a RB or two every year in the later rounds. i would never ever give a RB a second contract. or take one in the first round.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
penny is a finesse runner with no power that goes down way too easy and needs a strong OL to flourish.

he wont be good on this team, though he MIGHT be good on another team with a legit OL. not sure what team that would be though, seems most teams have garbage OL these days.

I would be happy if we dumped him, we realistically should be drafting a RB or two every year in the later rounds. i would never ever give a RB a second contract. or take one in the first round.

Never understood pick...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching this absolute beat down the Ravens are giving the Rams right now and I'm starting to feel a lot better about how our defense did against the Ravens when we lost to them. The Ravens look ridiculous right now. I don't see anyone in the AFC that can compete with them. It'll be really interesting to see how that Ravens O does against the Niners D next week.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching this absolute beat down the Ravens are giving the Rams right now and I'm starting to feel a lot better about how our defense did against the Ravens when we lost to them. The Ravens look ridiculous right now. I don't see anyone in the AFC that can compete with them. It'll be really interesting to see how that Ravens O does against the Niners D next week.

A healthy Patrick Mahomes can put up points in the bunches but the edge would go to Balt for having a better defense. Seattle's D did quite well. The score looks out of whack with 2 defensive TDs for Balt. Looking forward to next weeks slate of games.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh man, the Ravens vs the 49ers is a must see game. I can't image the Ravens losing TBH but one never knows in the NFL.
Seahawks have a tough game also vs the Vikings. A win would be great coupled with a 49er lose.
Got to say thus far it has been a much better season for the Seahawks then I was counting on. Starting to get my hopes up that this could end up being a special year again. 9-2 and the only loses were to the Saints and Ravens. Two really good teams and the Seahawks seem to be coming together with the defense starting to look good.:yes:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, the Ravens vs the 49ers is a must see game. I can't image the Ravens losing TBH but one never knows in the NFL.
Seahawks have a tough game also vs the Vikings. A win would be great coupled with a 49er lose.
Got to say thus far it has been a much better season for the Seahawks then I was counting on. Starting to get my hopes up that this could end up being a special year again. 9-2 and the only loses were to the Saints and Ravens. Two really good teams and the Seahawks seem to be coming together with the defense starting to look good.:yes:

A Ravens win Sunday will have the team and the fans amped up Monday night for a shot at the division lead.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks have done WELL beyond what i thought they would do but man oh man we are also lucky to be 9-2. How many games did we almost lose? 5 of them at least? Been a year of nail biters and praying for just one more chance but it's been a fun ride thats for sure. The Young guys seem to be falling into place and growing on defense and offense. I thought they would be lucky to finish with a winning record and would struggle early in the season to just be a .500 team. We all pretty much knew that in November/December they would start to click better as they always do ( got to figure this out but i think most of that this year is just continued growth of the young guys ). Now if Russell Just starts playing at his normal November/December clip things should turn up roses for us, He is slipping a little but i expect him to pick it up from here on out.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we all want Wilson to win the MVP but right now I cant make a case for Jackson to not win it. That guy is ridiculous and good for him proving so many critics wrong saying he is just a running QB and should convert to WR

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we all want Wilson to win the MVP but right now I cant make a case for Jackson to not win it. That guy is ridiculous and good for him proving so many critics wrong saying he is just a running QB and should convert to WR

Wilson should have won it the Year Cam Newton did with a SUB 60% completion percentage AS A QB! that was BS. It's to bad that Wilson just might be one of these guys that might never get a MVP but end up as one of the best QB's to play the game. Jackson is playing like crazy and deserves to be #1 in the MVP race but i also believe he won't ever have another season like this one where as Russell is just doing what he almost always does and is in the race and will most likely be in it every year for many more years to come like he has all ready in his career. I would rather have the #2 or #3 MVP player almost every year than just one or two years of MVP play.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be interested to see what Lamar Jackson's game looks like when we play them again in 4 years. I doubt he's running so recklessly and often as he does now. I give him 2 or 3 more years of doing this, tops.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not on that bandwagon, let jackson win it and put all the pressure on him to perform in the playoffs.

SB > MVP

Hardly anyone even remembers that shaun alexander was MVP in 2005, but we all remember losing the SB....

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be interested to see what Lamar Jackson's game looks like when we play them again in 4 years. I doubt he's running so recklessly and often as he does now. I give him 2 or 3 more years of doing this, tops.
I will be more interested when Sea-Balt play in Feb.:D

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson should have won it the Year Cam Newton did with a SUB 60% completion percentage AS A QB! that was BS. It's to bad that Wilson just might be one of these guys that might never get a MVP but end up as one of the best QB's to play the game. Jackson is playing like crazy and deserves to be #1 in the MVP race but i also believe he won't ever have another season like this one where as Russell is just doing what he almost always does and is in the race and will most likely be in it every year for many more years to come like he has all ready in his career. I would rather have the #2 or #3 MVP player almost every year than just one or two years of MVP play.

Yup, like Drew Brees. Hard to believe Brees has never won that award either.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not on that bandwagon, let jackson win it and put all the pressure on him to perform in the playoffs.

SB > MVP

Hardly anyone even remembers that shaun alexander was MVP in 2005, but we all remember losing the SB....

I will always remember who the 2005 MVP was, because i am a Seahawks fan lol. But yes MVP's are not remembered like Superbowl Winners are.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, like Drew Brees. Hard to believe Brees has never won that award either.

Well Drew has a Superbowl MVP and i think that award feels much better than just a MVP. Having that Superbowl win and MVP of the game is much more satisfying than No Superbowl win and a NFL MVP. lol